Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are what are the chances a person with connections to the biological family of a foster child who was supposed to be at the house where this child was visiting not having anything to do with his abduction.
Pigs arse

Unfortunately with a population of less than 850, and being a public-facing repair man, small towns are well connected.

Still, a FB connection is intriguing but I wonder how far up the chain that connection actually goes. Young people seem to add people willy-nilly - but the fact there is a connection at all seems bizarre.

Silly question .... where did WT grow up?

While I am not a fan of Schapelle and I wish the media would leave her alone, I commend her for taking this opportunity to do such a good thing.

I am very disappointed that the Where's William official Facebook page has said they're not happy about it. Any opportunity to raise the profile and get this out into international news should be taken imo.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-bearing-image-of-missing-boy-william-tyrrell

Agreed fruity, why on earth would they not seize the opportunity and run with it. Schapelle obviously wanted to use the media attention for a good cause so they should be taking full advantage.

Copying the quotes over:

FB page-
"While the Where's William Campaign appreciates that Schapelle Corby has shown concern regarding little William's disappearance and in using her release as a convicted offender from Bali as a media opportunity to increase awareness that William is still missing, we are not happy," campaigners wrote on the Where's William Tyrrell? Bring Him Home – Official Facebook page.

Family-
In a statement released only to The Sunday Telegraph, William’s family said they had no prior knowledge that his photograph would be used by Corby but they were pleased about the intention.
“We appreciate Schapelle Corby’s concern about William’s disappearance and using this media opportunity to increase awareness that William is still missing,” Where’s William? campaign director Clare Collins said.
“However, William’s family and the campaign have absolutely no association with Schapelle, her supporters or her family.

“We had no prior knowledge of Schapelle’s intention to use William’s image in this way.”
The Sunday Telegraph has been reliably informed the Corbys wanted to use the intense media interest to promote the effort to find William.

I'm pleased that it's keeping William in the public eye, but I wonder what her motive was? To deflect attention from herself, perhaps? Of a plethora of high profile cases why would she choose William? I just find it strange. This whole thing has been very carefully orchestrated, so I'm just left wondering.........
Couriermail, Picture Channel Nine:

attachment.php

I'm pleased that it's keeping William in the public eye, but I wonder what her motive was? To deflect attention from herself, perhaps? Of a plethora of high profile cases why would she choose William? I just find it strange. This whole thing has been very carefully orchestrated, so I'm just left wondering.........

Hi P&G...
I also thought that it may have been to deflect attention from herself, also, I read somewhere today that Schapelle had stickers of William all over her luggage...

I wonder if there is some connection to William and what she may know about his case...William disappeared in 2014 and Schapelle was released from prison on parole in 2014? :thinking:

Yes it just seems a little too random, matey. And I wonder where she got the stickers from? I wonder if there's some connection to the bio family. Who knows; in this world anything is possible.
Hi P&G...
I also thought that it may have been to deflect attention from herself, also, I read somewhere today that Schapelle had stickers of William all over her luggage...

I wonder if there is some connection to William and what she may know about his case...William disappeared in 2014 and Schapelle was released from prison on parole in 2014? :thinking:

I might be naive but I truly don't think there is any motive except that she - like all of us - was heartbroken when she heard about William disappearing. I think she probably had a lot of time to think about stuff and thought this would be a good way to get his photo back in the news (and seen by thousands of people around the world).

I like that it got Williams face back out there and got people talking about him again. It's been so quiet lately (here, in the media, police etc). I don't see why the where's William campaign would say they aren't happy with that.

I know there were a few people on WS who contacted Crime Stoppers with information re William's case. Just wondering if anyone who left their details has ever been contacted regarding the information they provided?

Where are you William ?

I like that it got Williams face back out there and got people talking about him again. It's been so quiet lately (here, in the media, police etc). I don't see why the where's William campaign would say they aren't happy with that.

BBM I was thinking about that, too. The only thing that I could come up with is that Schapelle is a convicted drug felon and they don't want that association linked in any way with William. :dunno:

BBM I was thinking about that, too. The only thing that I could come up with is that Schapelle is a convicted drug felon and they don't want that association linked in any way with William. :dunno:

Doing it for her own ends. Look at what good I am doing,

Sorry I don't know how to link but NC is in the Daily Mail

They have no right to be angry': William Tyrrell's grandmother THANKS Schapelle Corby for using missing boy's picture on her handbag after other family members were outraged

William Tyrrell's grandmother 'isn't angry' over Schapelle Corby's use of the missing boy's image and claims any publicity could help find the youngster - although she was shocked by it.

Just another bizarre twist in this already bizarre case.

Sorry I don't know how to link but NC is in the Daily Mail

They have no right to be angry': William Tyrrell's grandmother THANKS Schapelle Corby for using missing boy's picture on her handbag after other family members were outraged

William Tyrrell's grandmother 'isn't angry' over Schapelle Corby's use of the missing boy's image and claims any publicity could help find the youngster - although she was shocked by it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ell-s-grandmother-THANKS-Schapelle-Corby.html

'We were talking about him last night and we still don't understand how it can happen,' Mrs Collins said.
'My life has been shot to pieces since he went missing, I am practically homeless.
'While they (William's parents) keep going on holidays and renovate their house.
'If I lost a child I wouldn't leave the area until I found them.'

The grandmother revealed the emotional turmoil of William's disappearance had a 'huge effect' on the toddler's father, who she says 'he adored'.
'William was always happy to see him, I remember once he bounced out of the elevator like a kangaroo and straight into his dad's arms.
The grandmother claims William's parents are 'pouring everything they have into being strong for their other children' but want him to be found.
'Their youngest who is four now talks about William, he has been forced to grow up faster than he should because he knows his big brother went missing,' she said.

Who is she talking about 'going on vacations and renovating their house'? His biological parents or his forster parents?

:dunno: Bit confusing. I assumed they mean foster parents.
Very confusing to me, how many children does FF have? Especially a younger brother? KT has been unusually quiet on SM so far this year. Imo

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member