Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It never ceases to amaze me just how brazen these low lifes are! I'm just pleased that these little girls had the good sense to run away and alert their mother. Hope the police get these *advertiser censored***holes! What would have happened if the girls were younger, say three or four year old? I shudder to think!

Police investigate after children approached - South Kempsey

Tuesday, 11 November 2014 01:17:23 PM

Police are investigating after two children were approached by an unknown man in South Kempsey yesterday.

About 3.30pm (Monday 10 November 2014), two girls, aged 10 and 9, were playing in the front of a home on Chifley Place, when a small red hatchback with two men drove towards them and parked in the driveway of a home across the road.

Police have been told a passenger of the vehicle, an unknown man, left the car and walked towards the girls, asking them to get into the car.

The girls ran towards the house and alerted their mother.

The man ran from the scene towards Middleton Street, where he got into the passenger seat of the car. The car was last seen travelling east on Middleton Street.

As officers attached to Mid North Coast Local Area Command continue to investigate the incident, they would like to speak to two men who may be able to assist them with their inquiries.

One is described as being of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander appearance, 168cm tall, about 20 years old and was seen wearing a white t-shirt, colourful board shorts with surf pattern and camouflage shoes.

The second man is described as being of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander appearance, and was seen wearing a grey singlet and board shorts.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGNDIyMjEuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

Kempsey is about 72km or an hour's drive from Kendall.

Click image to enlarge.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?rlz...__YGoDA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&output=classic&dg=brw

Kempsey is about 72km or an hour's drive from Kendall.
And Chifley Place is a cul-de-sac, like the street where William went missing. Middleton St where the car took off is on the upper right of the map.

Chifley Pl.jpg

Attachments

• Chifley Pl.jpg
    Chifley Pl.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 207
This case is so frustrating. Seemingly no leads, very tight media restrictions which means we are restricted on discussions here, no real updates from the LE now. If it were my child, even without the restrictions in place to protect him, I would want the media all over this.

I know, it's hard for the police or anyone to rally public support/awareness, when the public are treated like mushrooms. It's one of the most bizarre cases I've ever followed, from the description of events, to the secrecy... everything.

Twice a day before I check on little William and pray there is good news.

No good news.....this is beyond sad.
Far too many innocent children are taking the brunt of *f&+<£* spineless cowards who are seriously hurting and killing little innocent babies.

My fists are now clenched with rage, I'm all cried out. Desensitised?? NEVER!!

And this in the same region, Port Macquarie, approx 30 min drive from Kendall. 7 November 2014.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/26...-approached-by-mystery-man-say-police/?cs=256

Police are investigating after a boy was approached by an unknown man in Port Macquarie on Friday.

A 10-year-old boy was crossing Clifton Drive about 3.10pm when he noticed a male following him.

Police have been told the male called out to the boy a couple of times, and the boy continued to walk towards Regatta Crescent, where he told the man his mother was waiting for him.

The man raced away and the boy alerted his mother, who contacted police.

Officers would like to speak to a man who may be able to help them.

He is described as being of Caucasian appearance, in his late teens or early 20s, with medium-length brown hair and a long fringe.

The man was seen wearing sunglasses, a white singlet with colours on it, shorts and black shoes with white laces.

The local police must have their hands full because of these creeps. The weird thing is, it seems to be younger guys who approached the girls in Kempsey, and the boy in Port Macquarie. I always think of child offenders as being older men (sorry if that sounds like a generalisation). I'm surprised that it's young men approaching these kids... although Daniel Morcombe's killer was young when he started his heinous crimes. So depressing :(

I honestly feel for LE with this case and ones that are similar. Imagine how they must feel not being able to close the file and know he is home safe? This must be their worst nightmare :(

Speaking of Daniels Killer, the cry baby is to scared to leave his cell as he is worried about what the other inmates will do to him. If I was a Prison Guard I would lock him outside with them. Jail is too good for that Animal.

Speaking of Daniels Killer, the cry baby is to scared to leave his cell as he is worried about what the other inmates will do to him. If I was a Prison Guard I would lock him outside with them. Jail is too good for that Animal.

:goodpost:

The filthy coward!
Give him to 'Bubba'.

And this in the same region, Port Macquarie, approx 30 min drive from Kendall. 7 November 2014.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/26...-approached-by-mystery-man-say-police/?cs=256

Police are investigating after a boy was approached by an unknown man in Port Macquarie on Friday.

A 10-year-old boy was crossing Clifton Drive about 3.10pm when he noticed a male following him.

Police have been told the male called out to the boy a couple of times, and the boy continued to walk towards Regatta Crescent, where he told the man his mother was waiting for him.

The man raced away and the boy alerted his mother, who contacted police.

Officers would like to speak to a man who may be able to help them.

He is described as being of Caucasian appearance, in his late teens or early 20s, with medium-length brown hair and a long fringe.

The man was seen wearing sunglasses, a white singlet with colours on it, shorts and black shoes with white laces.

The local police must have their hands full because of these creeps. The weird thing is, it seems to be younger guys who approached the girls in Kempsey, and the boy in Port Macquarie. I always think of child offenders as being older men (sorry if that sounds like a generalisation). I'm surprised that it's young men approaching these kids... although Daniel Morcombe's killer was young when he started his heinous crimes. So depressing :(

Years back the typical age group for these types of offenders was around 30 - 60years. Unfortunately these days, they're starting out when they're quite young with a lot of them in the 18 - 20 year age bracket. And there are a lot of them!!

List of Australian Paedophiles/Sex Offenders/Child Killers

http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

No news ?

Prey for this poor little boys safe return or wherever he is he is happy & safe!

Not sure if these have been posted but someone has uploaded a heap of police interviews to youtube. They are not good quality but the information in the videos is a bit more detailed and accurate than the articles. Direct from the horse's mouth. I have posted one below. If you find the uploader on youtube you can find many more videos.

[video=youtube;DOvam85zIjc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvam85zIjc[/video]

Note: There seem to be 2 police officers by the name of Fehon. A female named Kim (Inspector) and a male named Paul (Superintendent).

I really feel for these police officers. You can tell the case is close to their hearts :(

thankyou angeline for these you tube links, in this clip inspector fehon says the father was out searching all the day before,and first light that day and that he had driven up from sydney to search? or did i hear that wrong?
wasnt he already in kendall doing an errand when william went missing, rushing back from his errand?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ONJuyazoI

bearbear - Fehon said that the father was searching all day and from first light the second day. She said he had got friends to come from Sydney to help search.

The audio on the videos is incredibly poor, dogs barking, cars driving past, you name it. I'm listening to it on my headphones and I'm going to try and post up transcripts. There's a lot of information in there but there's also a lot of background noise along with Aussie country accents (lol), and slang/poorly constructed sentences.

OK, I've transcribed the first video. I did the best I could, but it may not be 100%. There's still a few spots where it's nearly impossible to understand what they're saying. If I do happen to figure it out, I'll edit the "inaudibles":

[video=youtube;X2ONJuyazoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ONJuyazoI[/video]

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;Overnight the police and the SES have continued to search without success. This morning we have got a lot more resources on the ground. We will be re-searching the area around the house to within about 300 metres again, over the same areas we did yesterday, and then we will be expanding that search.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;Why is it important to re-search the areas?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;The child is 3 years old and very small. There&#8217;s a possibility that the child may curl up and be very small. We want to make sure that we just haven&#8217;t missed it. We&#8217;re bringing in different searchers to do the grid that was done yesterday to ensure that (inaudible).&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;Very concerning, I imagine, coming up to 24 hours since he was last seen. How is everyone feeling, the searchers&#8230; (inaudible).&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;I think everyone here is positive and just wants to get in and help find William.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;And how&#8217;s his family doing?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;They&#8217;re keeping it together. They&#8217;ve been assisting police. The father&#8217;s been out all day yesterday and from first light this morning, searching, so&#8230; (inaudible),&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;So they&#8217;re helping the search effort? The family? The father?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;The father has got friends up from Sydney who are also helping with the search.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;Any sightings of him at all? Have you got any leads? Which way he may have gone? Nothing?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;We have no sightings of the child at this time.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;Can you tell us about the search? Who&#8217;s involved? How large is it?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;We have the SES, the RFS, Surf Life Saving. We have 100 searchers registered with those organisations today. We have police. We have trail bikes. We have the dog squad. We&#8217;ve got mounted police. The local pony club. We will have PolAir. We have extensive resources available to us, and we have a search coordinator here who is trained and experienced in doing these kinds of searches.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;Can you tell us about the terrain that they&#8217;re searching?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;The terrain immediately around the house is just light bush, but goes into heavier scrub outside of that area.&#8221;

[video=youtube;lGPWRA13EEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGPWRA13EEk[/video]

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;I will hand over to Paul from the SES in relation to the search.&#8221;

Paul Berg (SES): &#8220;OK, so the search area that we&#8217;re immediately covering this morning is from the edge of town out to the next major road past the house, so it&#8217;s probably about a 3km square area that we&#8217;re covering. That area was searched yesterday but it&#8217;s getting re-searched today in the daylight.

Everything (that) we searched yesterday will be redone again. We have about 3 &#8211; 4 times the amount of resources we had yesterday. We&#8217;ve got about 200 local people that have also signed up to go out, so they&#8217;re searching areas as well. But the main search areas are with the RFS, the SES, the Surf Life Saving Club and the mounted police. They will re-search the critical area that we searched yesterday, and as Inspector Fehon said we will expand out once that area&#8217;s been deemed to be completely searched. We&#8217;ll go out again, and then we&#8217;ll go out again (hands indicating wider radius) until we find something.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;And where have crews come from? I understand crews have been called in from other areas.&#8221;

Paul Berg: &#8220;Yeah, we have crews from the Hunter/Newcastle area (that have) come up here. We have crews from Forster/Pacific Palms. We have crews from Port Macquarie. We have our local crews and we also have crews from Wauchope and South West Rocks.

Reporter: &#8220;How are the crews holding up? They&#8217;ve searched during the night. I mean, it&#8217;s a pretty good effort, isn&#8217;t it? And I understand some of them are back today as well.&#8221;

Paul Berg: &#8220;Yeah, a lot of them searched until late into the night, til about 11pm and then we had an overnight crew on. They&#8217;ve gone home and the fresh crews have come back in this morning.

We&#8217;re trying to manage our search crews, the fatigue management, as best we can but they all just want to come out and try to find this little fellow.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;And is there a sense of urgency about this, Paul, in your experience with searches? It was very mild overnight.&#8221;

Paul Berg: &#8220;It was very mild overnight and it stayed fairly dry so that&#8217;s a pretty good thing as far as the police rescue coordinators are saying for us. The main thing is this morning is to go back over and just re-search the areas that are already done, just to make sure that nothing&#8217;s been missed.&#8221;

[video=youtube;QWfTUVoTxbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfTUVoTxbA[/video]

Reporter: &#8220;Kim, your knowledge, I guess, of children&#8217;s behaviour, um, just because we haven&#8217;t heard anything from him he could be scared, right? As you said, kind of tucked in a ball somewhere? Or hiding? Or&#8230; has that been a factor in other disappearances?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;We&#8217;re very conscious of that. Not all children react the same so we&#8217;re not even sure (inaudible) people calling out (inaudible).

One thing I would like to say is that the Kendall community have been overwhelming in their support. Over 100 of them out here today and yesterday (inaudible). Thank you very much to the community.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;In the photo that you had this morning and he&#8217;s got the Spiderman suit on, how (recently) was that photo taken?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;That was taken yesterday morning on the back veranda of the house where he&#8217;s gone missing from. Could be within an hour of him going missing.&#8221;

Reporter: &#8220;So that&#8217;s what he would have looked like before he left?&#8221;

Insp. Fehon: &#8220;Except that he has a pair of shoes on. There&#8217;s just one other thing to clarify. The child has asthma, and that can be a factor under stress.&#8221;

bearbear - Fehon said that the father was searching all day and from first light the second day. She said he had got friends to come from Sydney to help search.

The audio on the videos is incredibly poor, dogs barking, cars driving past, you name it. I'm listening to it on my headphones and I'm going to try and post up transcripts. There's a lot of information in there but there's also a lot of background noise along with Aussie country accents (lol), and slang/poorly constructed sentences.

ok, thankyou, i listened with headphones too and its a bit muffled in that part, and also the excited dog barking in the background!
and thanks for all the typed out transcripts!
i forgot little williams asthma :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member