Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In any case, why are sleuthers making this about what BS did or didn't fix, as opposed to what MSM published?

Because the average Aussie would have just fixed their van lettering. We are not a lawsuit hungry nation.

It is not as if this defamation claim is going to change anything ... the POI status, the removed grandchildren, the hundreds of other articles out there speaking of the POI status and speaking of the historical child sex charges.

I can't see how he has a chance of winning any damages against his good reputation. He has no good reputation to protect. Oh, well yeah, I may have interfered with a few or more little girls, but you have impugned me for even thinking that I may have done it again.
My understanding at this point in time is that he does have a "good" reputation to protect. IMO

Because the average Aussie would have just fixed their van lettering. We are not a lawsuit hungry nation.

It is not as if this defamation claim is going to change anything ... the POI status, the removed grandchildren, the hundreds of other articles out there speaking of the POI status and speaking of the historical child sex charges.

upload_2018-6-26_8-36-13.jpeg
Here is a list of the top 5 most litigious countries by capita:
  • Germany: 123.2/1,000.
  • Sweden: 111.2/1,000.
  • Israel: 96.8/1,000.
  • Austria: 95.9/1,000.
  • U.S.: 74.5/1,000.
Actually we have become a nation of suers.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Here is another link. Australia comes second in being litigious - Local - Insurance News - insuranceNEWS.com.au
Australia comes second in being litigious
5 September 2016

Yes, I have seen that before. If you read the article it is about class action suits, not individuals.

I am still of the opinion that, as individuals, we are not a lawsuit-pursuing nation, in general. I personally know of no-one who has pursued a lawsuit. Insurance claims, yes. Lawsuits, no.

Yes, there are more prominent people who try defamation suits, as reported in the media. But typically not a repairman who can just fix the lettering on his van, instead of wasting time and money dragging the media through the courts. imo

This lawsuit is not going to change anything. That is the main point I am trying to make.

Yes, I have seen that before. If you read the article it is about class action suits, not individuals.

I am still of the opinion that, as individuals, we are not a lawsuit-pursuing nation, in general. I personally know of no-one who has pursued a lawsuit. Insurance claims, yes. Lawsuits, no.

Yes, there are more prominent people who try defamation suits, as reported in the media. But typically not a repairman who can just fix the lettering on his van, instead of wasting time and money dragging the media through the courts. imo

This lawsuit is not going to change anything. That is the main point I am trying to make.

Thank you. I did read the article. It is one of many that can be found under that title. Many of the newspaper article links are paywalled. The supreme court seems to see some merit to the claim to proceed. It would be at great personal cost if he lost the case. Many people value their reputation and good name and think they are worth protecting as they take a lifetime to build. I'm afraid I don't care about the media being dragged through the courts unless it's around suppression of information in the public interest. IMO

Thank you. I did read the article. It is one of many that can be found under that title. Many of the newspaper article links are paywalled. The supreme court seems to see some merit to the claim to proceed. It would be at great personal cost if he lost the case. Many people value their reputation and good name and think they are worth protecting as they take a lifetime to build. I'm afraid I don't care about the media being dragged through the courts unless it's around suppression of information in the public interest. IMO

No worries. I respect your opinions, though they usually are very dissimilar to mine.
I think we are polar opposites.
giggle1-smiley.gif

Happy Birthday William. You are always present in my thoughts, but today especially so. I hope this is the last birthday your families have to endure, without knowing what happened to you, and having you returned. You will forever remain in my heart. You have touched the lives of many Australians, and others across the whole world. Wherever you are William I hope you are at peace xx

To his family, I wish you the strength to keep fighting for William, and for you to see justice served to the perpetrator of this horrific crime. I'm sure William knows how loved he is, and how lucky he was to have people who love him so much.

To Gary Jubelin and the whole team searching for William- thank you. Go get the son of a b@$*#h of took him , and take them down. I know your efforts will pay off . I'm sure the evil that did this is sweating- I would be. We know you likely have this pinned down- and are just dotting your i's and crossing your t's. Like the predator stalking his prey and waiting until just the right moment to strike. We will remain patient while you do so. We want the result to stick, and justice to be served with no question as to who did it. Thank you .

To the worthless piece of S*@t that took you. I hope you feel as scared as poor William did. I hope you feel the pain of his families, and all that care for William magnified a thousand times over. Judgement day is coming. You cannot hide forever.

To those protecting this person, or people- how can you live with yourself? I hope Karma and the long arm of the law deal with you too. Time is ticking. If you have any shred of decency, the time is now. Come forward. Give his family peace.

Bring him home !!!

J xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members