Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes of course, and that is why i said IMO it doesn't really mean anything. I just think it's misleading to a lot of people though when someone is defined as a POI in the media, because it can mislead members of the public into thinking the named person is guilty of something, when they are not in some cases.

I don't think it means they are guilty of anything, just questionable. And rightfully so if their alibi doesn't pan out.

Yes it probably does mislead members of the public, as do so many other things.

"Detectives are re-examing information too. They’ve spoken to locals who returned to the scene to remind them about suspicious behaviour around the time William vanished. The information related to a person of interest who can’t be named for legal reasons”.

RSBM: This post ^^^^ reminded me of this ....

Police would not say if they had specific information the new patch of bushland had been visited by persons of interest in recent weeks.
But Insp Jubelin called on anyone who had seen suspicious activity at the site recently to come forward.
Police hone in on five suspects relating to William Tyrrell’s disappearance

I was trying to work out where Spedding would have been just prior to the June searches - seeing that he is the only suspect that we can identify, and he wasn't allowed to be named for legal reasons, we think.
We know from ACA that he is back in the Laurieton area now. His NSW court case was over. The withdrawal of the Vic case had not yet happened.

It sounds as if it is thought that someone (a POI who can't be named for legal reasons, according to Lemony's link) could have returned to a place that could be significant to William's disappearance.

It is very possible the covert surveillance is still happening. imo

Last edited:
Also, is it possible that Brendan Collins heard something (while incarcerated) about where William might be, so he went out with a shovel and dug around himself? I am really puzzled why he decided to go digging. There are kilometres and kilometres of forest around Kendall. Exactly how would he decide where to dig? And it was a bit of a travel for him to get there from where he currently resides.

In his first interview since his son disappeared without trace, Brendan Collins told how he has searched in vain for his son digging in bushland with a shovel since his release from Silverwater jail two weeks ago over drugs and theft charges.
Stuck between hope and despair, Brendan, who struggles with depression and is living with his mother Natalie Collins in Maryland, near Newcastle, revealed police questioned him over the nation’s most baffling missing child case.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
June 14, 2018

(quote)
Four years on, NSW Police are no closer to finding answers and announced Wednesday that they will hand the investigation to Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame. An inquest into the case has been proposed for next year.

The information regarding the burnt-out vehicle will be part of the coronial inquest into William’s disappearance.
As reported by AAP, several persons of interest in the disappearance of the then-toddler — many of whom have never been named — could be forced to reveal what they know under the spotlight of the inquest.

A massive brief of evidence will need to be compiled from physical artefacts, thousands of tip-offs and a “persons of interest” list hundreds of names long.

“(An inquest) makes us go over all the evidence collected in the last four years — it’s an enormous task,” Homicide Squad commander Scott Cook told reporters in Sydney on Wednesday.

“The coroner will consider that and may well ask us to do further things. If that doesn’t occur we’re likely to see an inquest sometime in the early part of next year.”
Could burnt-out car help lead police to William Tyrrell?

WA Police are about to start using the term “suspect” as standard practice despite it being at the centre of a multimillion-dollar defamation claim.

The term “person of interest” is not in the Criminal Investigation Act, legislation police have used since 2006.

The Act uses “suspect” to define a person “suspected of having committed an offence, whether or not he or she has been charged with the offence”.

But internally police were calling potential offenders “a person of interest” until they became an arrested suspect or were ruled out of an inquiry.
Cops adopt suspect as right term

WA Police are about to start using the term “suspect” as standard practice despite it being at the centre of a multimillion-dollar defamation claim.

The term “person of interest” is not in the Criminal Investigation Act, legislation police have used since 2006.

The Act uses “suspect” to define a person “suspected of having committed an offence, whether or not he or she has been charged with the offence”.

But internally police were calling potential offenders “a person of interest” until they became an arrested suspect or were ruled out of an inquiry.
Cops adopt suspect as right term

This is really interesting, and has made me wonder why all police don't just say what they mean. Especially if WA police are now requiring it, despite the lawsuit by Lloyd Rayney.

I have been looking a bit at NSW legal acts of various kinds. The one pertaining to DNA swabs speaks of taking DNA swabs and/or other forensic materials, and says to call the "giver/provider" of the forensic material a suspect ... and then the word suspect is used all through this forensic procedures overview.

This is an order that is sought by a specified police officer (“the authorised applicant”), authorising the taking of a forensic sample from a person who is referred to as the “suspect”.
https://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/6518/Forensic-Procedures.pdf

The Act:
CRIMES (FORENSIC PROCEDURES) ACT 2000

Also, is it possible that Brendan Collins heard something (while incarcerated) about where William might be, so he went out with a shovel and dug around himself? I am really puzzled why he decided to go digging. There are kilometres and kilometres of forest around Kendall. Exactly how would he decide where to dig? And it was a bit of a travel for him to get there from where he currently resides.

Could be that it's desperate measures by a desperate man? He doesn't sounds well - if his mum & msm is to be believed. Hoarding children's toys, drug use, emotional - AFAIR. Poor guy. IMO :(

Yes, thanks ... got it. I had already changed my post to reflect that. :)
I wasn't paying too much attention to the voiceover, was trying to hear what the journo was saying while the voiceover was speaking.

So, were they withdrawn in both instances, I wonder. We know they were in Vic. Perhaps keeping their options open in both states?
Possibly IMO, very possibly both 'withdrawn'.

Maybe strategically - and maybe very intentional in part of the 'investigators' that not a word was heard nor could be found in relation to the NSW charges. .. don't alert anyone & don't give precedence to Vic trial.

And keep it all open & casual while waiting for the 'mistake' to happen. . I'd think those ladies would be totally on board for helping William, and a judgement in that case would make their claims so much more plausible for all the doubters ... just some random personal thoughts.

I have to turn to the experienced 'brains' in our midst to explain if that 'court' scenario may be an option...

More so though, I still struggle with whether BS is the one responsible for William's disappearance. ... possibly because he seems so obvious in so many ways ! But if so obvious, why no sticking evidence which should IMO have led to answers long prior?

I lived a long time in a small country town. Everyone knew everyone, their business, their activities, their financials, their marriage problems & their affairs... therefore I totally understand the comments from Dt J that 'Some one very close to there' (or to that effect) knows 'why we are here' ... Whether BS is the perpretator, a facilitator or just a 'man about town', it's M humble O that he would have an inking, a whisper or his own f^#{ opinion!

I hope he's actually a genuine human being & has given the Police the benefit of all that knowledge ... for William & his family, but also for BS himself. IMO, 'salvation' is always possible for the truely repentant (thank God) as those Flames of Hell are licking at the heels of the scum who inhabit this earth. .
Our penance is on Earth - in having to live in a society subjected to their depravity, to their leeching, cruel & totally destroying personalties & behaviour, their sense of entitlement & narcissistic behaviour, and their absolute arrogance.
However, as often as I question the reasons & the fairness etc., I come to realise & rake comfort in the fact that Our's is actually a short penance in comparison to their's.

Their life will catch up with them, and they will Pay, even if it's only after death (in a lot of cases it'll be both) IMO, and Thank You.

Court documents show the charges were laid after NSW police referred evidence to their Victorian counterparts last year, prompting an investigation that was codenamed Operation Overgrazing.

“There is evidence of other adult offenders who are complicit in similar child sex offences,” the court documents state.

Nocookies
William Spedding in court on sex charges

So operation overgrazing resulted in charges being made by Sano against BS and who?
BS charges have now been withdrawn. Has who's?
Yes Soso, this aspect has puzzled me too.

How is it that we know about BS, but no identification of the 'otherS' .

I support your enquiry of 'who' ? in all instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member