Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? Could be any number of factors, which we have been trying to discuss over the past few threads, off and on.

Perhaps a change of heart by the victims, who cannot go through with the stress of the trial(s).
Perhaps the victims are ill and/or suffering adverse effects, due to abuse from years ago.
Perhaps a payout by case-connected (perhaps religious) persons which includes no criminal charges and suppression.

Seems there could always be a question about why these charges were withdrawn. Which is not going to do Spedding any good, because it will not allow him to clear his name (or be convicted) in the public's eye. imo
Wish I could 'double like'

Yes Soso, this aspect has puzzled me too.

How is it that we know about BS, but no identification of the 'otherS' .

I support your enquiry of 'who' ? in all instances

I remember soso did some great research a while back, and found these dates for when Hillsley was in and not-in prison. I think we were questioning whether Hillsley could have been a partner in crime in these matters.

6 June 1984 - JH goaled.
19 Dec 1986 - released
29 Jan 1987 - parole revoked

Spedding, 65, is facing seven charges of indecent assault children in Victoria between 1983 and 1987

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Just to add, the thing that I don't understand is .... if Spedding so desperately wants to clear his name, why all the suppression?
Surely he would have a good case, in both the criminal charges and civil cases, to have suppression lifted (with no children's names to be published, of course, as has always been the situation in these matters)?
With all the pre-case publicity that is still available out there, and likely will always be out there on Google, surely a magistrate would be sympathetic to having a degree of suppression lifted to clear his name - if all was good for him in these cases?

Makes me suspect that all may not be good for him, in these cases.

I agree SA, it's all very confusing. IMO, it's so much more confusing because all those involved (that im aware of) are just so confusing !!!!!!

I can't fathom the actions or reactions of any - but then perhaps that's easy to say since I've not experienced any of these situations.

I do know that once I was key witness in a c/card fraud (not anyone I knew but I was a manager in target) It was a major organisation (o/s cartel) made the newspapers, which alerted me to my scenario, and I contacted the Det in charge as reported.

After many discussions, I had to go to Police Headquaters & give a video interview. Then I was given mug shots to look at & to identify. ... No Way!
(I was so scared of the possible repercussions)
Off camera, they challenged me on the one who I looked at more, and who I kept on going back to, before I told them ' I can't be sure so I can't pinpoint anyone'.
They knew I knew - they understood who. .. That narrowed the search for them (plus I had a signed receipt) .
An arrest was made, which then again became very scary for me as I was told I couldn't take my planned holiday as I would be needed in court. .. thankfully, faced with that signed receipt & the report from the handwriting expert, they each pleaded guilty, so I was spared.

I'm sorry if I've been boring. It wasn't intended to be about Me.
It started by me trying to put myself in other's shoes, and then I recalled a situation that had me associating myself in a 'legal' / 'criminal' situation. I remembered my FEAR.

And so I wonder now how terrifying it may be for those who are actually Guilty of the Crime....please understand, I'm not in anyway attempting to excuse or sympathise with anyone who conjures / executes / supports or excuses the using, abusing, disrespectful dog acts against others in any way.
I'm just personally trying to get inside the head of someone who 'knows but doesn't say'. .. and find a way to help them feel safe to speak up .

Is it possible that any suppression order regarding the NSW case will be lifted once the costs aspect has been dealt with in VIC?
Who would know - lets hope we soon learn all the reasons for any of this.

Let's hope & pray please for William & his family.

Please also indulge my personal opinion in that sadly I feel it's now a very slim chance that William is still of this earth. ..
Therefore, personally I feel it's time for our support & attention to be focused on his Mums & Dads. . their pain must be so far beyond bearable. ...
And yet they must be strong for their other little ones. .. ( I delivered a still born daughter. It nearly destroyed me.
But still I say, I cannot begin to imagine the pain of 'having them & then losing them'.
I'll continue to ask for answers for them ..

I remember soso did some great research a while back, and found these dates for when Hillsley was in and not-in prison. I think we were questioning whether Hillsley could have been a partner in crime in these matters.

6 June 1984 - JH goaled.
19 Dec 1986 - released
29 Jan 1987 - parole revoked

Spedding, 65, is facing seven charges of indecent assault children in Victoria between 1983 and 1987

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Yeah, I recall ... But also wondering of other possibilities.

And more so that I personally seem to recall that the recent Police release on Willian's anniversary, mentioned there are many others of interest, other than the few named / reported on.

I think it is a sad, sad situation that we have here in Australia.

.... for 88.5 out of 100 Australian victims who report a sexual assault to the police, their case is not proceeded with by the police or prosecution; or it is dismissed, withdrawn, or acquitted, once in court. Therefore, for almost nine out of 10 sexual assault victims, no formal legal redress occurs.

Australian Institute of Family Studies
The journey of 100 cases
Again, I wish I had a 'double like ' button. It's just such a sad indication of any society to have any such discusting behaviour recorded against them! 88.5% in Australia..As an Aussie, I'm shocked, disgusted & dismayed.
Do we believe this site is monitored by the police.. I flippen well hope so, and I hope they're getting the fact that the above documented is not acceptable - action please Police Team ... .. If you don't have the resources, make it known....and in your deliberations, remember please, this is your society too, your kids grow up in this, your parents are scared in this ...

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed along with reference to it>

It's been stated many times that the Police clear William's parents of any involvement in his disappearance, so I personally believe that we should respect their opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be dreadful if locals who have a gut feel or some small piece of knowledge, kept it to themselves for fear of hurting someone or for fear of repercussions. This gentleman could simply be saying nothing to the media and hopefully if he has seen or heard something he has reported to crime stoppers. But there is definitely someone who must say something.

"I'm not sayin'nothin'. I don't like talkin about you know. It could hurt other people"

0.14secs

WA Police are about to start using the term “suspect” as standard practice despite it being at the centre of a multimillion-dollar defamation claim.

The term “person of interest” is not in the Criminal Investigation Act, legislation police have used since 2006.

The Act uses “suspect” to define a person “suspected of having committed an offence, whether or not he or she has been charged with the offence”.

But internally police were calling potential offenders “a person of interest” until they became an arrested suspect or were ruled out of an inquiry.
Cops adopt suspect as right term
Interesting article. Thanks for posting it up.

It would be dreadful if locals who have a gut feel or some small piece of knowledge, kept it to themselves for fear of hurting someone or for fear of repercussions. This gentleman could simply be saying nothing to the media and hopefully if he has seen or heard something he has reported to crime stoppers. But there is definitely someone who must say something.

"I'm not sayin'nothin'. I don't like talkin about you know. It could hurt other people"

0.14secs
Yeah i caught that too in the ACA video. Wonder what exactly he meant by that? Hope whatever he knows was reported to CS.
I would think there would of been a lot of chatter by locals about the disappearance of WT, seeing as it rocked their whole town, and nothing ever like that before or since happened in Kendall,

0.14secs
Yes, who was that?

Also, is it possible that Brendan Collins heard something (while incarcerated) about where William might be, so he went out with a shovel and dug around himself? I am really puzzled why he decided to go digging. There are kilometres and kilometres of forest around Kendall. Exactly how would he decide where to dig? And it was a bit of a travel for him to get there from where he currently resides.

In his first interview since his son disappeared without trace, Brendan Collins told how he has searched in vain for his son digging in bushland with a shovel since his release from Silverwater jail two weeks ago over drugs and theft charges.
Stuck between hope and despair, Brendan, who struggles with depression and is living with his mother Natalie Collins in Maryland, near Newcastle, revealed police questioned him over the nation’s most baffling missing child case.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
June 14, 2018

Hey SA, once again I'm searching for the 'double like' button. ..thank you for these thoughts.

That fact has long puzzled me ( I believe I alluded to the fact upstream )

Best regards eh ;)

Also, is it possible that Brendan Collins heard something (while incarcerated) about where William might be, so he went out with a shovel and dug around himself? I am really puzzled why he decided to go digging. There are kilometres and kilometres of forest around Kendall. Exactly how would he decide where to dig? And it was a bit of a travel for him to get there from where he currently resides.

In his first interview since his son disappeared without trace, Brendan Collins told how he has searched in vain for his son digging in bushland with a shovel since his release from Silverwater jail two weeks ago over drugs and theft charges.
Stuck between hope and despair, Brendan, who struggles with depression and is living with his mother Natalie Collins in Maryland, near Newcastle, revealed police questioned him over the nation’s most baffling missing child case.
June 14, 2018
Was it stated somewhere that BC went digging in Kendall?

Hey SA, once again I'm searching for the 'double like' button. ..thank you for these thoughts.

That fact has long puzzled me ( I believe I alluded to the fact upstream )

Best regards eh ;)

Thanks, Warshawski. :)

Yes, this one really puzzles me, too. I understand that Brendan is not well and may be drug-affected, but something drove him to dig ... and dig where exactly? How did he arrive at the decision of where to dig?

I feel sure that the police had a question or two to ask him about that. And did that lead to the shift in the location of their search back in June?

Was it stated somewhere that BC went digging in Kendall?

This is true ... and a presumption. And perhaps presumed because it is spoken of in the exact same articles that speak of the June search. Not sure that is a coincidence.

It only says that he was digging in bushland. So, not suburbia or a township. Could be anywhere really. I do wonder where, and why? They seem very careful not to mention even a broad location.

Yesterday, police searching for William were fitted with GPS trackers to avoid missing a single clue as they searched through 600sq m of dense scrub in Kendall where the toddler went missing almost four years ago.

“I’ve been out looking for you with a shovel digging in bushland… I know there’s no point.
“I think you’re dead, I think someone has hurt you bad. I’m so sorry I couldn’t help you.”

June 14, 2018

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads