Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've added most of them, many under #2.

UPDATED
Adding to the: Reasons why anyone could have been in Benaroon Drive that day: (please add your thoughts)

1. They lived there
2. They had business there – covers many of the suggestions: Gardeners, Repairmen/Tradies, Cleaners/home help, Hairdressers, Mechanic, Dog Washers, Delivery drivers, Forest workers, Real Estate. To cover a few.
3. 4WDriving through the tracks
4. They were visiting someone
5. They were looking at property
6. Council workers eg. bin swaps, bin pickups etc
7. Just having a wander around Kendall, took a wrong turn/lost, asking directions.
8. Stalker - watching who???
9. Thief - general thief, druggy or other.
10.Postman
11. Kid wagging school
12. Someone collecting Scrap Metal
13. Homeless person
14. Meter Reader
15. Visitor to the Creepy House <modsnip: Do NOT post personal information of random people>
16. Shopping Delivery
17. Junk mail delivery
18. Taxi/Uber
19. Religious, charity etc door knockers.
20. Services – Medical, Police, Meals on Wheels, Community services.
Add to 7: person exercising.

Add to 1 or 13 or 15: squatter (might not be on records as a resident).

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've added most of them, many under #2.

UPDATED
Adding to the: Reasons why anyone could have been in Benaroon Drive that day: (please add your thoughts)

1. They lived there
2. They had business there – covers many of the suggestions: Gardeners, Repairmen/Tradies, Cleaners/home help, Hairdressers, Mechanic, Dog Washers, Delivery drivers, Forest workers, Real Estate. To cover a few.
3. 4WDriving through the tracks
4. They were visiting someone
5. They were looking at property
6. Council workers eg. bin swaps, bin pickups etc
7. Just having a wander around Kendall, took a wrong turn/lost, asking directions.
8. Stalker - watching who???
9. Thief - general thief, druggy or other.
10.Postman
11. Kid wagging school
12. Someone collecting Scrap Metal
13. Homeless person
14. Meter Reader
15. Visitor to the Creepy House <modsnip: Do NOT post personal information of random people>
16. Shopping Delivery
17. Junk mail delivery
18. Taxi/Uber
19. Religious, charity etc door knockers.
20. Services – Medical, Police, Meals on Wheels, Community services.

Yowie
Alien

I'm thinking more of a thief who was looking for scrap metal.
No I didn’t think so either. Sorry I’m having difficulty with posts and quotes getting jumbled up ! My theory wasn’t a drug user or thief .
BIB: I'm behind and have noticed the broken quotes go back several pages now. If a quote isn't fixed when first noticed it gets quite confusing. I normally report a post when first seeing it but since pages behind there'd be too many posts to report and the mod might get mighty angry with all the reports so I let it slip thinking another member may have reported. Mods have asked in the past, when you see a quote that needs fixing please report post straight away.

Is every one settled on the abductor being a paedophile? Other than paedophiles and childless couples, what other type of person would remove a child from his yard? Are there other types of opportunistic kidnappers? I'm keen to hear what other ideas are out there.

from Bo's transcript of the 2017 Presser (thank you Bo).

(11:53) R:

'Are the majority of those suspects sex offenders?'

(11:58)GJ:

'I think we need to keep an open mind in regards to this. There's an assumption right from the start that a three year old child's been abducted that may, or may not, be the sexual predator. We're keeping an open mind to that. I can't break down specifically how many person of interest are on the bases of suspicion attached to the sexual interests in children, but I do want to stress this is a unique investigation. I'm very mindful that we've looked at all possibilities and I keep an open mind to it.

I hear stories from overseas of situation where children have disappeared for decades and then turned up in circumstances. I also hear stories of incidents have occurred that are by accident and been covered up and the revealed. So, we are keeping an open mind to it and our focus is not just on sex offenders or, let's break it down; paedophiles. we're not just looking at that aspect of it.

Is every one settled on the abductor being a paedophile? Other than paedophiles and childless couples, what other type of person would remove a child from his yard? Are there other types of opportunistic kidnappers? I'm keen to hear what other ideas are out there.

'I think we need to keep an open mind in regards to this. There's an assumption right from the start that a three year old child's been abducted that may, or may not, be the sexual predator. We're keeping an open mind to that. I can't break down specifically how many person of interest are on the bases of suspicion attached to the sexual interests in children, but I do want to stress this is a unique investigation. I'm very mindful that we've looked at all possibilities and I keep an open mind to it.

I hear stories from overseas of situation where children have disappeared for decades and then turned up in circumstances. I also hear stories of incidents have occurred that are by accident and been covered up and the revealed. So, we are keeping an open mind to it and our focus is not just on sex offenders or, let's break it down; paedophiles. we're not just looking at that aspect of it.

I'm not 100% on it although i lean toward it :( The other thing that comes to mind is an accident. A car wouldn't need to be moving very fast to knock a child over, nor would it need to be very loud... JMO

They likely have narrowed things down even further, since 2017 - maybe even have ruled some more things out .... seems that the case has progressed.
Perhaps we will hear a little bit more in a couple of days.

"HOMICIDE detectives are focusing on five “high priority” suspects linked to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell."

The Australian reported that the first high-profile suspect in the investigation remains “a person of interest” but there are also four other “high priority” suspects being looked at, with an inquest set to begin this year.
Police hone in on five suspects relating to William Tyrrell’s disappearance
June 28, 2018

Last edited:

BBM
For ransom? To scare people? Someone who thought the child belonged with them?

Thanks JLZ I had forgotten about that report, hopefully Daily Mail have that right. He moves very regularly, as paedophiles are known to do.
I thought he moved to a nursing home or retirement village this time, although I couldn't find a link for that. If so, he's probably more or less fixed there.

Adding: there's a D F Nichols Whitepages-listed at a "village" in Laurieton. Is that his middle initial?

Adding again: no, apparently his middle name is Edward.

Last edited:
Another scenario that occurred to me was that someone had to do something "off" to prove himself worthy to belong to a group. But it turned into a bigger deal than he anticipated and he didn't claim it/denied it.
yep i've thought this too wrt to that large group... failed saviour..?

They likely have narrowed things down even further, since 2017 - maybe even have ruled some more things out .... seems that the case has progressed.
Perhaps we will hear a little bit more in a couple of days.

"HOMICIDE detectives are focusing on five “high priority” suspects linked to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell."

The Australian reported that the first high-profile suspect in the investigation remains “a person of interest” but there are also four other “high priority” suspects being looked at, with an inquest set to begin this year.
Police hone in on five suspects relating to William Tyrrell’s disappearance
June 28, 2018

Undoubtedly SA. Over 600 down to ??? and focusing on 5. Would be great to hear of even further progress in a couple of days.

BBM
For ransom? To scare people? Someone who thought the child belonged with them?

Yes possible scenarios that could have been planned that morning on seeing the children playing in the yard and the opportunity taken. Otherwise they don't really fall into the category of opportunistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian