Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today dear sweet William is two thousand six hundred and thirty four days young. Seven years two months and sixteen days.

When dear sweet William commenced his fateful journey he was a mere one thousand one hundred and seventy three days young.

Dear sweet William's has been without his loved ones for one thousand four hundred and sixty days.

Let us all concentrate on sweet William today and tomorrow and leave the discussions and innuendo of perpetrators rest.

William deserves all of our thoughts and efforts and evil deserves to be banished.

Light that special candle and send those positive vibes out to dear sweet William.

Daniel Morcombe was standing for 30 minutes on a freeway waiting for his bus which broke down.

Let’s look at the chances of him being abducted.
I’m thinking that maybe 200(+) vehicle’s drove past him (both ways) so one pedophile out of 200 vehicles is, IMO, is a reasonable percentage. Only one pedophile with the capability of abduction stopped.

William was standing around a quiet cul-de-sac with no through traffic for maybe 5-10 minutes. Let’s say 1 or 2 cars went past, what is the percentage that 1 of those 2 cars had a pedophile which would abduct.
Next to no chance imo

If BS did drive past William, with his history, he’s the only one who had the capability of abducting William.
He was expected but not confirmed & kinda not really meant to be there, no-one’s looking, he might consider driving him up to GM’s, Williams is in the car but the urge was too much to sit, look, he then turned around and went.

No-one would ever know, would they?

Daniel Morcombe was standing for 30 minutes on a freeway waiting for his bus which broke down.

Let’s look at the chances of him being abducted.
I’m thinking that maybe 200(+) vehicle’s drove past him (both ways) so one pedophile out of 200 vehicles is, IMO, is a reasonable percentage. Only one pedophile with the capability of abduction stopped.

William was standing around a quiet cul-de-sac with no through traffic for maybe 5-10 minutes. Let’s say 1 or 2 cars went past, what is the percentage that 1 of those 2 cars had a pedophile which would abduct.
Next to no chance imo

If BS did drive past William, with his history, he’s the only one who had the capability of abducting William.
He was expected but not confirmed & kinda not really meant to be there, no-one’s looking, he might consider driving him up to GM’s, Williams is in the car but the urge was too much to sit, look, he then turned around and went.

No-one would ever know, would they?
Yes all in one impulsive moment of madness. Before anyone has even blinked

With the step-grandchildren's grandfather being so concerned about what could have happened to his grandsons, while living with Spedding ..... maybe Spedding had lost his restraint, having had such freedom with other children, having not faced any charges until then (or any convictions that we know of).

I saw that several of Spedding's children live in WA. Did Spedding ever live or spend time there? It made me wonder about his track record there, if he did.

Rodney Spedding and three of his siblings from Western Australian were convinced of his innocence and would stand by his side.
William Tyrrell's abductor remains free as police focus on Bill Spedding, says son

The boys’ grandfather said he did not know what would now happen to the children, and had been told only that the authorities were “looking into it”.
“I am very concerned about what may have happened to my grandchildren,” he said.

A police facts sheet, presented to the court last week, said Mr Spedding was “in negotiations … to regain access to” the children before his arrest.
“Police hold serious concerns for the safety of these children if the accused is once more given access,” the document said.

The Australian - April 27, 2015

With the step-grandchildren's grandfather being so concerned about what could have happened to his grandsons, while living with Spedding ..... maybe Spedding had lost his restraint, having had such freedom with other children, having not faced any charges until then (or any convictions that we know of).

I saw that several of Spedding's children live in WA. Did Spedding ever live or spend time there? It made me wonder about his track record there, if he did.

Rodney Spedding and three of his siblings from Western Australian were convinced of his innocence and would stand by his side.
William Tyrrell's abductor remains free as police focus on Bill Spedding, says son

The boys’ grandfather said he did not know what would now happen to the children, and had been told only that the authorities were “looking into it”.
“I am very concerned about what may have happened to my grandchildren,” he said.

A police facts sheet, presented to the court last week, said Mr Spedding was “in negotiations … to regain access to” the children before his arrest.
“Police hold serious concerns for the safety of these children if the accused is once more given access,” the document said.

The Australian - April 27, 2015

Don't know about WA, SA, but I know he did live in Wellington 'lived across the road from the family of convicted paedophile Anthony Jones in their shared home town of Wellington.

Tradesman Bill Spedding also had business dealings with Jones’s daughter, selling her a washing machine in the western NSW town. Jones was convicted of indecently assaulting an 11-year-old girl.'

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Last edited:
Don't know about WA, SA, but I know he did live in Wellington 'lived across the road from the family of convicted paedophile Anthony Jones in their shared home town of Wellington.

Tradesman Bill Spedding also had business dealings with Jones’s daughter, selling her a washing machine in the western NSW town. Jones was convicted of indecently assaulting an 11-year-old girl.'

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

I will always wonder exactly what led the police to look at GAPA and the Grandparents and Kinship Care Association after investigating Spedding.

Was it only because he 'knew' Jones? In what has perhaps been downplayed as an insignificant way. I am sure Spedding must 'know' a lot of people in that general area, in similar insignificant ways, some of them with criminal records.

But police felt the need to investigate the grandparents associations, not just Jones and Bickford (and Spedding).

Detectives investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell have examined two grandparent support groups, one of whose former members included two paedophiles, after looking into washing machine repairman Bill Spedding.
The investigation into Mr Spedding's background led police to believe he knew people within the Port Macquarie-based group, Grandparents as Parents Again.

Police also turned their attention to another local support group, believed to be the Grandparent and Kinship Care Association.
William Tyrrell investigation turns to grandparent support groups

Bickford: "Did I know William Spedding, which I didn't.
Confusion over paedophile link

I will always wonder exactly what led the police to look at GAPA and the Grandparents and Kinship Care Association after investigating Spedding.

Was it only because he 'knew' Jones? In what has perhaps been downplayed as an insignificant way. I am sure Spedding must 'know' a lot of people in that general area, in similar insignificant ways, some of them with criminal records.

But police felt the need to investigate the grandparents associations, not just Jones and Bickford (and Spedding).

Detectives investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell have examined two grandparent support groups, one of whose former members included two paedophiles, after looking into washing machine repairman Bill Spedding.
The investigation into Mr Spedding's background led police to believe he knew people within the Port Macquarie-based group, Grandparents as Parents Again.

Police also turned their attention to another local support group, believed to be the Grandparent and Kinship Care Association.
William Tyrrell investigation turns to grandparent support groups

Bickford: "Did I know William Spedding, which I didn't.
Confusion over paedophile link
A NSW senior citizens support group is reportedly being probed by police searching for missing toddler William Tyrell, after two of its former members were charged with the indecent assaults of children.

The Daily Telegraph reports the Grandparents As Parents Again (GAPA) group is being investigated by police after ex-president Paul Bickford was convicted of indecently assaulting a young girl.">The Daily Telegraph reports the Grandparents As Parents Again (GAPA) group is being investigated by police after ex-president Paul Bickford was convicted of indecently assaulting a young girl.

Member Anthony Jones has been charged with the indecent assault of an 11-year-old child.
Grandparents support group ‘under investigation’ in search for William Tyrell

A NSW senior citizens support group is reportedly being probed by police searching for missing toddler William Tyrell, after two of its former members were charged with the indecent assaults of children.

The Daily Telegraph reports the Grandparents As Parents Again (GAPA) group is being investigated by police after ex-president Paul Bickford was convicted of indecently assaulting a young girl."The Daily Telegraph reports the Grandparents As Parents Again (GAPA) group is being investigated by police after ex-president Paul Bickford was convicted of indecently assaulting a young girl.

Member Anthony Jones has been charged with the indecent assault of an 11-year-old child.
Grandparents support group ‘under investigation’ in search for William Tyrell

Others to experience this fallout include the Grandparents As Parents Again support group, of which Jones once was a member.

Contrary to previous reports, detectives investigating William’s disappearance approached this group primarily to ask if Mr Spedding was involved, only to be told he was a member of another family support group nearby.

Detectives used CCTV images of this second group to ask potential witnesses to identify its members, although police declined to confirm anything about this aspect of their investigation.

Nocookies
Another William Tyrrell person of interest

Others to experience this fallout include the Grandparents As Parents Again support group, of which Jones once was a member.

Contrary to previous reports, detectives investigating William’s disappearance approached this group primarily to ask if Mr Spedding was involved, only to be told he was a member of another family support group nearby.

Detectives used CCTV images of this second group to ask potential witnesses to identify its members, although police declined to confirm anything about this aspect of their investigation.

Nocookies
Is that paywalled? Can you tell me the date on it please?

Nocookies

Thanks for that, soso. So the police were investigating the groups directly due to Spedding initially. Perhaps having had a tip that someone thought he could be a member of a grandparents group and they should look at that? Or did he mention being in a grandparents group on his forensically-tested computer, when chatting with someone?

Unusual that they asked potential witnesses (members?) to look at CCTV to identify the (other?) members of the Grandparents and Kinship Care Association. Were some members using false names ... maybe to avoid revealing police checks on their true selves? Geez!

Is it also unusual that GAPA knew that Spedding was a member of the Grandparents and Kinshare Care Association? Perhaps some people were members of both?
And then the police discovered that Jones and Bickford were in GAPA.
Or did Jones tell police that Spedding was in the other group?

I notice in the article it also says that Spedding and Margaret had recently failed to have the grandchildren restored to their care.

There is SO much we do not know about this case! imo

Last edited:
Is that paywalled? Can you tell me the date on it please?

Most people have access to one free article a day with The Australian.

The date is a week (12th Sept 2015) after your linked article. It seems that they uncovered, or someone advised Dan Box - who is usually very reliable - that the probe was due to Spedding and his membership with a grandparents group.

We assume the current POIs 4 of which have been named in the press and that one or more may be responsible.

The issue I have is none of them appear to have previously been responsible for child abduction or of dealing with a child not known to them. it's a giant leap to actually abduct a child.

The 5th current poi identity is not known.

There is only one person I
am aware of that is suspected of previous child abduction and murder of child abduction victims. I do wonder if he is the 5th unnamed poi.

Thanks for that, soso. So the police were investigating the groups directly due to Spedding initially. Perhaps having had a tip that someone thought he could be a member of a grandparents group and they should look at that? Or did he mention being in a grandparents group on his forensically-tested computer, when chatting with someone?

Unusual that they asked members to look at CCTV to identify the other members of the Grandparents and Kinship Care Association. Were some members using false names ... maybe to avoid revealing police checks on their true selves? Geez!

Is it also unusual that GAPA knew that Spedding was a member of the Grandparents and Kinshare Care Association? Perhaps some people were members of both?
And then the police discovered that Jones and Bickford were in GAPA.
Or did Jones tell police that Spedding was in the other group?

I notice in the article it also says that Spedding and Margaret had recently failed to have the grandchildren restored to their care.

There is SO much we do not know about this case! imo

Membership of such a group may have been noted on FACS file.

9 News Melbourne

NSW Police Statement regarding William

Thanks, sleep. So, the inquest will be next year.

I just saw on TV that A Current Affair is having something about William tomorrow. The header/teaser was "What is the mystery about this burnt out car?"

And they are trying to talk to someone who is walking away from them. Didn't see enough of it to see who that person might be.

Thanks, sleep. So, the inquest will be next year.

I just saw on TV that A Current Affair is having something about William tomorrow. The header/teaser was "What is the mystery about this burnt out car?"

"Proposed" for next year, and we all know how long it takes to get to the inquest stage :rolleyes: I hope something comes out during the inquest.

Yes I've heard mention of ACA's story for tomorrow, another Taylor A grab for ratings?

"Proposed" for next year, and we all know how long it takes to get to the inquest stage :rolleyes: I hope something comes out during the inquest.

Yes I've heard mention of ACA's story for tomorrow, another Taylor A grab for ratings?

Ah yes, missed that little 'proposed' word.

I see they need to hand over the brief of evidence by the end of this year ... I guess it will depend how much stuff the coroner has to go through and absorb. After 4 years investigating, I think that will be a substantial brief of evidence.

We assume the current POIs 4 of which have been named in the press and that one or more may be responsible.

Just for the record, I am not assuming that.
The only person that I assume (know for sure) is on that list, according to MSM, is the washing machine repairman.

For all we know, the other POIs - or some of them - could be people who are not speaking about this crime even though they are thought to know something. Maybe people who are assisting with alibis?

I have been dwelling on what makes these POIs 'high priority'.

Also, I wonder where Spedding lives these days. Anywhere near Kendall or Batar Creek Road?

HOMICIDE detectives are focusing on five “high priority” suspects linked to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell.
Police hone in on five suspects relating to William Tyrrell’s disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member