Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another guest that was lurking, who has decided to join up.

Does anyone have a link for this footage?

This kind of looks like the top of the septic tank, but it could just be a pile of rubble.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/21/24E3D88500000578-2919401-image-m-15_1421813025453.jpg

I am wondering if the septic is a waste water treatment system. These have a number of joined tanks underground. The lid that is above ground, would be for the tank that contains the treated water, that gets pumped out onto the garden when there is enough water in the tank. (if working properly, this tank doesn't smell, hence why the lid is exposed). The other tanks would contain the solid waste and sludge, and to access these, one has to dig down a bit, as the dirt helps contain the smell.

If it is indeed a waste water treatment system - these typically have to be serviced every 3 months. (council regulations). The lid is taken off and a sample of water is taken and tested, other things are checked, and a copy of the report is sent off to council. Since it has been 4 months, one would assume it has been serviced at least once during this time.

Also, if the lid had been damaged, then it would have been replaced. (service person would have ensured it was, due to safety reasons, plus being a rental, surely the property manager would have inspected it in the 12 months since it was driven on and damaged). I can't imagine how broken bits of concrete can remain on top, without falling into the tank, unless there was an unbroken lid underneath.

The pile of bricks might just be used for them to rest the lid on when it's taken off (the lids are made of concrete and are extremely heavy - ours is in 2 halves and to remove them, we slide them off. Half a lid can easily fall down into the tank. (and what a massive pain to retrieve!)

Perhaps it had just been serviced, and something wasn't quite right, hence why the police were very interested in it when they arrived?
Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!

Argh! Yes, I saved it and I've tried to google phrases from the article but it's not coming up in the search. That article was a cracker! Who published it??? It said people he named did not remember seeing him being there having a coffee. Could've been the cafe manager?

Daily telegraph

I read that article, it stated that even though the woman at the cafe could not remember what day they were there his bank card was used there that day at 10am

Do bank cards in AU require a PIN number or a signature?

The friend said Mr Spedding then went to go meet his wife for coffee at Buzz Cafe, 140m away from his office on the opposite side of the street. Cafe manager Lisa, who did not wish to give her last name, said she recognised Mr Spedding and his wife but said they hadn't come into the cafe 'in a while'.

She told Daily Mail Australia that police had come into the cafe to ask if she recalled seeing Mr Spedding on September 12. 'I've seen him before but I can't remember that specific day,' she told Daily Mail Australia.

The friend said Mr Spedding and his wife then walked across the road to Laurieton Public School to attend a presentation for their grandson.

He told Daily Mail Australia Mr Spedding said he had also attended the presentation with a family friend who was taking photos.

Mr Spedding has asked her to review her pictures to see if he is in any of them, the friend said. On September 12, following the presentation, Mr Spedding went to a job in nearby Dunbogan before ringing William's grandmother again.

http://www.capitalbay.com/australia...-to-do-with-william-tyrell-disappearance.html

They phased out signing for a transaction. You can now only use a pin. If i recall correctly that started August 1st 2014

Awh, then I suppose another person could have used the card, although not very likely. It's not conclusive.

Oh gosh, yes. Do you have that on debit cards or just credit cards? Curious.

Both.....you can also pay with your phone so don't even need the carday. Just a mobile phone with your banking app set to allow contact less payments.

I think it's on both, for transactions $100 or less. I even have a little card that's stuck on the back
of my phone that I can wave in front of the machine so I don't have to get my card out. I often give my husband my card and use my phone.

if grandma has been nominated for SC of the year it makes it all the more sadder. It seems William had fallen into the care of a really nice caring family only to be snatched away.

The friend said Mr Spedding then went to go meet his wife for coffee at Buzz Cafe, 140m away from his office on the opposite side of the street. Cafe manager Lisa, who did not wish to give her last name, said she recognised Mr Spedding and his wife but said they hadn't come into the cafe 'in a while'.

She told Daily Mail Australia that police had come into the cafe to ask if she recalled seeing Mr Spedding on September 12. 'I've seen him before but I can't remember that specific day,' she told Daily Mail Australia.

The friend said Mr Spedding and his wife then walked across the road to Laurieton Public School to attend a presentation for their grandson.

He told Daily Mail Australia Mr Spedding said he had also attended the presentation with a family friend who was taking photos.

Mr Spedding has asked her to review her pictures to see if he is in any of them, the friend said. On September 12, following the presentation, Mr Spedding went to a job in nearby Dunbogan before ringing William's grandmother again.

http://www.capitalbay.com/australia...-to-do-with-william-tyrell-disappearance.html

This is strange.... we arrived in Port Macquarie the same day.
I remember the concern and talk among our family, and the weird buzz of people talking about William.
As a mum of school aged kids, when waiting for a concert we all often chat about what is going on in the world... it may have been to early for news to spread at that stage?
However it would not be unreasonable that while on the rd after being at the school WS would have heard the news on the radio about little missing WT.
That could have been what prompted him to make to call ?
And Kendall is a teeny town, ( I remember some pretty huge goss of an affair NOT related to this case between a well known Port man and lady from Kendall back in the 90's ) I would imagine because WS was there a few days prior.... it would have sparked interest and for him to feel connected.

Do bank cards in AU require a PIN number or a signature?

Anything under 100 dollars can be payed via pay pass. You just place the card near a sensor and money is debited from your account- quick and easy

You guys are too quick for me!

However it would not be unreasonable that while on the rd after being at the school WS would have heard the news on the radio about little missing WT.
That could have been what prompted him to make to call ?

For me, if I had a washing machine part for a customer and I just heard that their young grandson had gone missing from their house, I think that I would not call them at that time. It would be such a trivial matter, in comparison with what they were going through.

For me, if I had a washing machine part for a customer and I just heard that their young grandson had gone missing from their house, I think that I would not call them at that time. It would be such a trivial matter, in comparison with what they were going through.

Yep, same. And in a high profile case like this, where the whole town involved itself in the search right away, I'd try and grab a quick word with a police officer and ask if they could pass the message on via a social worker or whoever the family had to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz