Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'I didn't take him': William Tyrrell's biological parents testify
'I didn't take him': William Tyrrell's biological parents testify
In that document, the woman states: "If I took him, I would be gone and I would have (his sister) as well. I want a normal life. I don't want to be hiding away with them somewhere."

Junior counsel assisting the coroner, Tracey Stevens, asked: "If you were informed by anyone of information of William's whereabouts, what would you do?"

"I'm still waiting to be informed," the man replied.
Is that a direct quote from BC? Waiting to be informed???

FaCs made orders when WT was about 9 months old to remove him as BD and BM wanted to remain in a relationship together. They decided to abscond, BD says he was the main drive behind that idea and BM says she just couldn't bring herself to hand WT over. They approached BD's father's wife who talked of it with his father and they put them up for an indeterminate amount of time but they were picked up by the police in a private rental they had obtained in Gordon, 4-5 weeks after they absconded. In the time they absconded, WT's sister had a birthday and they didn't visit as they were in hiding. Coroner said that must have been a very hard time for you making that choice to which BM agreed. They had no real plan and weren't thinking very hard ahead. BM described herself as incarcerated after that event, but no idea for how long and if it was specifically around this incident. When they absconded she did present to FaCs minus WT. Orders were made after WT was retrieved that he be in the care of the minister until he was 18. BM and BD were granted 6 supervised visits per year with the proviso that if things went well with the visits that they could apply to get more which she did apply for. She regularly attended. BD when he could as he was working 6 days a week and trying to make life better for everyone, they wanted to work to have the children back into their own care. BM was asked was she aware of the care plans being made for WT moving forward and an application for adoption. She said she read it in the report. According to people at the court who were listening to the testimony on Monday, the case worker was crying when asked this question and said that the biologicals had not been informed. BD stated that he had not been informed prior to WT going missing. BM said she probably would have told BD, she did tell her family and she did tell BD's family. She stated that she was not happy about it and didn't want that to happen. BD said that in the scheme of things he doesn't really think about the adoption issue and is only thinking about where WT could be, what's happened to him.

FaCs made orders when WT was about 9 months old to remove him as BD and BM wanted to remain in a relationship together. They decided to abscond, BD says he was the main drive behind that idea and BM says she just couldn't bring herself to hand WT over. They approached BD's father's wife who talked of it with his father and they put them up for an indeterminate amount of time but they were picked up by the police in a private rental they had obtained in Gordon, 4-5 weeks after they absconded. In the time they absconded, WT's sister had a birthday and they didn't visit as they were in hiding. Coroner said that must have been a very hard time for you making that choice to which BM agreed. They had no real plan and weren't thinking very hard ahead. BM described herself as incarcerated after that event, but no idea for how long and if it was specifically around this incident. When they absconded she did present to FaCs minus WT. Orders were made after WT was retrieved that he be in the care of the minister until he was 18. BM and BD were granted 6 supervised visits per year with the proviso that if things went well with the visits that they could apply to get more which she did apply for. She regularly attended. BD when he could as he was working 6 days a week and trying to make life better for everyone, they wanted to work to have the children back into their own care. BM was asked was she aware of the care plans being made for WT moving forward and an application for adoption. She said she read it in the report. According to people at the court who were listening to the testimony on Monday, the case worker was crying when asked this question and said that the biologicals had not been informed. BD stated that he had not been informed prior to WT going missing. BM said she probably would have told BD, she did tell her family and she did tell BD's family. She stated that she was not happy about it and didn't want that to happen. BD said that in the scheme of things he doesn't really think about the adoption issue and is only thinking about where WT could be, what's happened to him.
That’s very sad. Must have been hard to see.

Sorry replying on a tablet and not too confident.

Just checking I read right, BM was incarcerated after the absconding with WT and has no idea how long she was incarcerated for and if it was related to the absconding?

If so, thats pretty odd.

i find it interesting, weird, funny how the journos describe what the witnesses are wearing... the fms shoulder length hair and yesterday ffs pink shirt and skinny jeans, and today kts black trousersuit?
haha! really who cares?
I'm always good for outing myself: I like it to read a brief description of the person on the stand. Thanks for telling me something re FF and KT, because I didn't see it mentioned before! ;)

AMS was asked whether PS was playing loud radio when she knocked on his door at 11:30; she said not that she noticed. (AMS didn't notice a lot of things which may or may not have been the case. Perhaps she's unobservant?) Who said that PS was playing loud radio? The question seems to have come out of nowhere. Or do you remember someone actually saying they heard the radio?
I made a mistake here. AMS knocked on PS door at about 11:00; just after FM dialled 000.

That’s very sad. Must have been hard to see.
Yes, Regardless of the merits of the decision, I felt gutted hearing their pain.
BM was asked if she had ever met the FM during a visit, which she didn't seem to recall at 1st and then agreed she had briefly. She knew her name, not her address and didn't know where her relatives lived she stated. BD stated he had never met the FC or knew where they lived or any of their relatives. Visits were organised alternatively by FaCs and the case management providers of a particular organisation.

Last edited:
Sorry replying on a tablet and not too confident.

Just checking I read right, BM was incarcerated after the absconding with WT and has no idea how long she was incarcerated for and if it was related to the absconding?

If so, thats pretty odd.

To clarify, I don't know if she was incarcerated for absconding with WT or for what amount of time. From the context of her testimony, I understood that there was a children's court hearing and she was incarcerated at the time it was held, due to absconding with WT, but that is my assumption. And as you can see with this case, you just can't assume about a single sentence in this case. IMO

Yes, Regardless of the merits of the decision, I felt gutted hearing their pain.
BM was asked if she had ever met the FM during a visit, which she didn't seem to recall at 1st and then agreed she had briefly. She knew her name, not her address and didn't know where her relatives lived she stated. BD stated he had never met the FC or knew where they lived or any of their relatives.

After seeing their testimony do you believe they were being truthful ?

To clarify, I don't know if she was incarcerated for absconding with WT or for what amount of time. From the context of her testimony, I understood that there was a children's court hearing and she was incarcerated at the time it was held, due to absconding with WT, but that is my assumption. And as you can see with this case, you just can't assume about a single sentence in this case. IMO

Thank you for clarifying. And you are right about assumptions!

Very strange comment to make, even if he was being sarcastic in his defense!
I don't think, his response was sarcastically meant by him. Rather he answered in his feeling of true hope, somebody would finally tell him, what happened with his dear son. IMO
So much drama in their life from the beginning, only to loose your son forever (it seems) 2 years later. Must have been very hard for the bios, until today.

Children's court hearing--surely she was of age when she had William? I think that must relate to something she did when she was younger. Perhaps hiding William was taken as showing lack of reform, so reason for a harsher sentence, or a breach of parole (if they have that in children's court) or of a good conduct requirement. That would explain her confusion perhaps.

Children's court hearing--surely she was of age when she had William? I think that must relate to something she did when she was younger. Perhaps hiding William was taken as showing lack of reform, so reason for a harsher sentence, or a breach of parole (if they have that in children's court) or of a good conduct requirement. That would explain her confusion perhaps.
lol, I take your point. The proceeding she missed due to being incarcerated was around orders for WT. Is it done in the children's or family court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper