Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are being a little harsh regarding BS and his lawyer. "Doing the best for his client" is actually doing the job he is paid to do. Hopefully, we all do our best in our jobs we are paid to do.
If the reason Jubelin left is because he did something outside the law regarding BS, then that is no-one's fault but his own. You talk about damaging William's case, but, if BS is innocent, should he just accept being collateral damage?

BBM - IMO Yes

Well DJ has been taken off the case and is no longer a Police Officer. To date DJ has not arrested anyone in relation to Williams disappearance and Williams whereabouts remains a mystery. I think that this could be a turning point in solving this case. A new set of eyes with different priorities maybe just what is needed.

I think it might well have been standard though illegal practice in the Force to neglect the verbal swearing of affidavits. Then higher powers needed to dissociate themselves from it and also for some reason wanted to squash Gary, and this was a way to kill two birds with one stone. It's unlikely that that scenario would have had anything to do with BS or APS. Someone working with GJ would have had to have informed--whether on their own initiative or at a senior's suggestion.

Well DJ has been taken off the case and is no longer a Police Officer. To date DJ has not arrested anyone in relation to Williams disappearance and Williams whereabouts remains a mystery. I think that this could be a turning point in solving this case. A new set of eyes with different priorities maybe just what is needed.

I have thought the same. With all due respect, In the "high profile" cases he has been on, not One person has been successfully tried and convicted.
-Bowraville Murders
-Matty Leveson
-William Tyrrell.

In fact, they have been a total shambles.
- No justice for Bowraville victims
-Michael Atkinson still free after court case found him "not guilty".
-And WHERE IS WILLIAM???

I'm sure he was a good bloke, with his heart and passion in the right place, but just don't think he was much of a Detective. Nothing against him personally.

Shall now go and hide in the shelter as the bombs are dropped on me here for saying that. :eek::eek:

But, it is the truth and I honestly think it could have a positive outcome now and welcome a new broom that will sweep clean, and hopefully, clean the filthy mug who took lil William, out of his crevice and have him face JUSTICE!!!

Ok..running to hide now ....:oops::oops::oops:o_Oo_Oo_O

Actually he is still a Police Officer afaik, all reports are that he has submitted his retirement papers, not that he has retired.

I have thought the same. With all due respect, In the "high profile" cases he has been on, not One person has been successfully tried and convicted.
-Bowraville Murders
-Matty Leveson
-William Tyrrell.

-And WHERE IS WILLIAM???

I'm sure he was a good bloke, with his heart and passion in the right place, but just don't think he was much of a Detective. Nothing against him personally.

Shall now go and hide in the shelter as the bombs are dropped on me here for saying that. :eek::eek:

But, it is the truth and I honestly think it could have a positive outcome now and welcome a new broom that will sweep clean, and hopefully, clean the filthy mug who took lil William, out of his crevice and have him face JUSTICE!!!

There must be hundreds of cases that you don't hear much about because he did solve them. I think it's unfair to infer that someone's a poor detective because he hasn't solved every case he ever had.

Edit: And actually, at least one and arguably two of the three were solved. Perhaps he messed up not getting a conviction particularly with Atkinson. But the Levesons don't say that.

-Bowraville Murders
-Matty Leveson
-William Tyrrell.

-And WHERE IS WILLIAM???

Go run and hide, it's OK.

As for not getting any results, you also have to look at the fact that in each of these cases you have mentioned he did not have the case from the beginning. He was given the case afterwards. He was the person they gave the difficult cases to.

He did however get a result in Matt Levesons case, he found the body after the person considered responsible for his murder was tried and found not guilty. Strange this person knew where the body was. :rolleyes:

-Bowraville Murders
-Matty Leveson
-William Tyrrell.

-And WHERE IS WILLIAM???

I guess some haven't heard of Strike Force Tuno's chief, his name is Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin.
At least 14 arrests of gangland people for murder and all kinds of awful crimes, after much long, tedious and dangerous investigation, with all kinds of obstacles thrown in his way.

Last edited:
Who do you think those new set of eyes should be trained upon d52? Anyone in particular? Or do you think the second part of the inquest will be another fishing expedition with no whoppers caught like the first?

Not that it’s particularly relevant to William’s case but for good measure, while some are kicking Jubes when he’s down, here are two cases where he has had successful and quick arrests of the perps:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...young-mother-in-tamworth-20180516-p4zfiz.html

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...se-student-michelle-leng-20160430-goirkf.html

IMO not every Homicide case, such as William’s, Matty Leveson’s and the Bowraville Children’s, garners widespread public attention. They are/were complex cases.

And while some are slinging mud at Homicide detectives, maybe they should keep this in mind:

‘There are six homicide teams with each conducting about 20 investigations at any one time. Every six weeks, one team will go on call 24 hours, for seven days.’

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...omicide-squad-say-volumes-20131227-2zzjy.html

Last edited:
IMO not every Homicide case, such as William’s, Matty Leveson’s and the Bowraville Children’s, garners widespread public attention. They are/were complex cases.

RSBM

Some of us are extremely aware that none of the three cases referenced by our member were Jubes cases from the start.

If any initial stuff up happened, if early evidence was missed, if forensic testing was not done soon enough, if roadblocks were not put up, if people were allowed to roam quite freely, if the correct people were not investigated from the get-go, it cannot be laid at Jubes' feet.

I was just wondering why you hold that opinion. That's all.

It's a personal opinion, as is yours. We don't agree, and that's OK.

There has been no result posted by MSM in regard to the historical charges, I still hold an opinion that he is guilty of these charges until a result is published.

My opinion is, as I have stated many times, that he isn't involved in Williams disappearance.

Take that as you will.

There has been no result posted by MSM in regard to the historical charges, I still hold an opinion that he is guilty of these charges until a result is published.

RSBM

Wouldn't it be good if all child sex offenders received jail time?
We have watched too many of them walk free on probation ... and the one the other day who had over 2 million adult-against-child sex offence photos on his computer ... and didn't even get a recorded conviction, even though the judge found him to be guilty!

Jubes would be like a dog with a bone and if he were hear one of his officers were lazy on not following up with a suspect or not interviewing a POI why wouldn’t he be hopping mad!
To speak sternly to anyone these days is a form of bloody bullying.
Imagine finding that the murderer was not interviewed or his vehicle searched in the early stages.

Here.

Daniel Morcombe inquest finds police failed to prioritise investigation into child sex offender

Coroner says more could have been done to focus on Brett Peter Cowan, who is now serving life sentence for Daniel’s murder
“I agree with the submissions from family and counsel assisting that more could have been done to focus on Mr Cowan in the early stages of the investigation,” Ryan said on Friday. “[That is] particularly having regard to his admissions that placed him at the scene of Daniel’s disappearance, the gaps in his alibi and the specific nature of his offending history.”

Taking DNA from Cowan’s car, in which Daniel was killed, “should have been prioritised and the subject of much earlier examination”.
Former police officer Dennis Martyn told the inquest he told the then head of the homicide squad, Mike Condon, it was Cowan but was told to “ off”. Condon denied the conversation ever took place.

Ryan said the immediate police response that treated Daniel’s disappearance as a teenage runaway should not have happened but was “not inappropriate” in terms of policy at the time.

Daniel Morcombe inquest finds police failed to prioritise investigation into child sex offender

It seems to me that a lot of members on this site are making lots of excuses for Jube’s behaviour. I find that hard to understand because I thought that the whole point about this site was to discuss and try to determine what happened to William. My comments still stand, maybe new fresh eyes will be good for the case. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required