Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A huge high 5 to APS for actually helping the bios getting a fair go just like they deserve...no one else seemed to be helping them. Great work Allana I take my hat off for you

Helped them get their criminal history and life's mistakes out in public - yeah sure congrats APS :(

Last edited:
So you agree that Homicide cases shouldn't be made Cold after 6 months?

I never raised that proposition at all. I will say funding and personnel and man hours are not unlimited. Thaf us a sad fact. There has to be a cut off point as part of a strategy.

And more sophisticated DNA testing.

Testing is useless if forensic samples are NO longer viable. If the samples are of limited size there is a limit to the number of tests that can be applied over the years. Then there is also risk of cross contamination if samples were not handled and stored correctly.

I don't perceive passive aggressiveness at all. Reinvestigating cold cases is fraught with difficulties... witnesses deceased or cannot be traced, medical issues -witnesses no longer able to recall events, memory related medical conditions, psyciatric conditions of witnesses, forensic samples no longer viable, files and items misplaced and and times destroyed make ...

I never raised that proposition at all. I will say funding and personnel and man hours are not unlimited. Thaf us a sad fact. There has to be a cut off point as part of a strategy.

No you didn't raise it, but you did comment on how complex & difficult Cold cases were, and I was asking if you agreed with the original article.

Considering how complex and difficult they are to be solved, as you stated, I can't imagine that you think it is a good idea to mark them as cold after such a small amount of time.

Helped them get their criminal history and life's mistakes out in public - yeah sure congrats APS :(

Released with their personal permission. Good on them..... anything to get answers to what has happened to their little boy. They have nothing to hide. APS has offered wonderful support to William's grieving parents. Good on Alanna Pearl Smith I say.

No you didn't raise it, but you did comment on how complex & difficult Cold cases were, and I was asking if you agreed with the original article.

Considering how complex and difficult they are to be solved, as you stated, I can't imagine that you think it is a good idea to mark them as cold after such a small amount of time.

I can't imagine dragging a case on for years either.

Released with their personal permission. Good on them..... anything to get answers to what has happened to their little boy. They have nothing to hide. APS has offered wonderful support to William's grieving parents. Good on Alanna Pearl Smith I say.
Maybe ask Williams bio parents how they feel about her and her interferences in a case she has nothing to do with. I’ve seen her Sm comments and posts . Horrid

I'm sorry, just where did they give their permission? Do you have a link?

Testing is useless if forensic samples are NO longer viable. If the samples are of limited size there is a limit to the number of tests that can be applied over the years. Then there is also risk of cross contamination if samples were not handled and stored correctly.
Perhaps, but we don’t know what LE have, do we?

Don’t know about anyone else but I hope they have enough to make an arrest. Don’t see how anyone could be averse to that. IMO.

From my perspective there was no casting of shame towards FACS. The terribly tragic case of Braxton was brought into discussion to raise the connection of William's case as Braxton's death occurred the day after William's disappearance, and the instant wall of impenetrable silence that was raised and kept in place by FACS for many years.

It is worth noting Braxton was born in 2012 the same year as William and his sibling entered OOHC on a permanent basis.

It was also the year that FACS changed the OOHC system and moved responsibility to outside Agencies to run OOHC.

It is said by FFC in Ten podcast William was 9 months old when she became his carer and sibling entered one week later. Therefore that is early March 2012.

Salvo Youth Hope programme received their provisional accreditation in the 1st week of September 2012. This was after William and his sibling entered OOHC with fcarers.

The Salvo Captain that founded the Youth Hope programme commenced in May 2012.

Therefore when William and his sister entered the OOHC programme it was still run under FACS.

The woman who founded Youth Hope is now the Principal Investigator for child protection with the NSW Ombudsman Office.

The Coronial Findings document regarding Braxton's case showed his caseworkers were with the organization Life Without Barriers NSW. It is worth reading the findings document to get an idea of the Coronial inquiry process. Foster carers names are published. The Coroners findings contain shocking information.

Just like CO said when a child is taken into care and something happens, it's up to us to be their voice. It's up to us to make them safe...if Braxton was placed into a safe home then he may still be with us today imo

I'm not so sure a former convicted drug trafficker should be in charge of this type of organisation, but then we have different opinions.

'It was an unusual start': How deputy Labor leader Tanya Plibersek's future husband told her he was a recovering drug addict and still on parole for trafficking heroin on their first date

There are many people holding down high powered and influential positions after serving time for criminal activity. Anyone that strives to turn their life around and succeeds and goes on to support their Community should be congratulated not admonished from my perception.

What they also do is set the finest example thaf dreams can come true.

She is not in court for anything other than her foster son. She is not the evil that abducted William, this case is not about how she feels about NSW police at this stage.

FFC made a public statement and if she doesn't hold substantive evidence to support her allegations there may well be consequences in the future.

Maybe ask Williams bio parents how they feel about her and her interferences in a case she has nothing to do with. I’ve seen her Sm comments and posts . Horrid

Well she was with them at the 1st part of inquest so I say they are very grateful for her help...if they weren't happy with her I doubt they would've been together nor would BD allow her to help get legal aid funding...like I said before at least someone is helping and giving them support imo

There are many people holding down high powered and influential positions after serving time for criminal activity. Anyone that strives to turn their life around and succeeds and goes on to support their Community should be congratulated not admonished from my perception.

What they also do is set the finest example thaf dreams can come true.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance

Well she was with them at the 1st part of inquest so I say they are very grateful for her help...if they weren't happy with her I doubt they would've been together nor would BD allow her to help get legal aid funding...like I said before at least someone is helping and giving them support imo

Can you support this with a link please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrayZee