Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit surprised that people would not remember the particular school assembly. I would imagine if you lived in the area it would be a bit like remembering where you were when Kennedy was shot. William went missing that very day and BS came into the picture soon after. You would think someone would remember if BS and/or MS was there that day.
Yes I think most people in the area would be retracing their steps on that day wondering if they saw anything, not just at the school. I think it would be natural for most to try and help in a situation where a child is missing.

Yes I think most people in the area would be retracing their steps on that day wondering if they saw anything, not just at the school. I think it would be natural for most to try and help in a situation where a child is missing.
Yes and brainstorming amongst themselves as to whom was there and who was sitting next to each of them.
It’s not like they have only started thinking about it five years later.

One witness said Spedding was there but didn't remember the actual date, just quoted the circumstances and those same circumstances confirmed by the hairdresser who can't recall seeing anyone in particular that day, that could be why those 2 were called as witnesses. If my children are getting an award I get an email from the teacher so I can arrange to be there, so do they do that at Lauriton? Easy to check.

I am a bit surprised that people would not remember the particular school assembly. I would imagine if you lived in the area it would be a bit like remembering where you were when Kennedy was shot. William went missing that very day and BS came into the picture soon after. You would think someone would remember if BS and/or MS was there that day.

Yes and brainstorming amongst themselves as to whom was there and who was sitting next to each of them.
It’s not like they have only started thinking about it five years later.

I thought they interviewed the children months later so maybe it was something they may not remember.

im wanting to know did ps make the call to his brother to say he wasnt comming??and surley he would have heard what was going on in the street at 10.37
Yes, it seems that at 10:37 MFC would have just returned from his work-related outing, whereupon he immediately commenced running laps of the street and calling out for William. I suppose it's possible that he was already at the Batar Creek Road end of the street and therefore not observed by Savage. But it's hard to accept that Savage saw/heard nothing then.

Yes, it seems that at 10:37 MFC would have just returned from his work-related outing, whereupon he immediately commenced running laps of the street and calling out for William. I suppose it's possible that he was already at the Batar Creek Road end of the street and therefore not observed by Savage. But it's hard to accept that Savage saw/heard nothing then.
He seems to have selective hearing and sight, but a spot on memory for times.

I thought they interviewed the children months later so maybe it was something they may not remember.
Yes we don't actually know when he became a POI so it could have been a couple of weeks or even months before the kids were interviewed and would they be reliable witnesses? I daresay they too would remember him being at A school assembly but maybe not that exact one too.

:eek: There wasn't a Caravan Park in the bush was there? Please say NO!!! If there was, and that is where this Lyn resided I am thinking terrible thoughts and it has to do with "a child that was heard crying in a Caravan".... :eek:
Ah, that's right! I had forgotten about the caravan park article until now. There could be a connection.

I can imagine PS, an older man who has lived in the street for a long time, watching the kids like a hawk because it sounds like a very boring street where nothing ever happens. It's just an impression that I get.

It bugs me that he spoke to "Lyn" for 30 minutes. That's a long time to stop and have a chat to someone random. Did his daily walk really take 2 hours or did he spend part of those 2 hours catching up with Lyn and he didn't want his wife to know, so he gave her the story that he was going on a massively long walk each day and that she should only join him after a certain point on the route?

Ah, that's right! I had forgotten about the caravan park until now.

I can imagine PS, an older man who has lived in the street for a long time, watching the kids like a hawk because it sounds like a very boring street where nothing ever happens. It's just an impression that I get.

It bugs me that he spoke to "Lyn" for 30 minutes. That's a long time to stop and have a chat to someone random. Did his daily walk really take 2 hours or did he spend part of those 2 hours catching up with Lyn and he didn't want his wife to know, so he gave her the story that he was going on a massively long walk each day and that she should only join him after a certain point on the route?
Didnt he visit Lyn again for another 30 mins after William went missing?
I really hope we hear from her.I agree 30 mins is a long time to stop and talk to someone.
Sounds like his actual walk wasnt as long as we thought.

The latter is what I think. Given the emphasis on what he would have been able to see from his place. I can't see how Savage would be the abductor and presumably murderer of WT given the scrutiny he's been under and the searches that have taken place. If there was a trace of WT maybe, but how could any of these guys have gotten rid of WT so thoroughly that zero forensic trace of him apparently remains after all this attention and scrutiny and searching? None of them seem that resourced and intelligent and cunning. It has to be someone who is still unknown at this point. But someone like Savage (not saying it is Savage) knows what happened and is the key to solving it. JMO.

^^that's what I meant about schools generally not keeping records of those kinds of merits. It's not like the kind of thing teachers do have to keep records of as far as I'm aware. Things are changing because awards systems are becoming something done in apps and software systems but in 2014 merits were just handwritten on paper certificates, given out for lots of reasons not tied to student performance, and not tracked officially in any way. BUT at least at my kids school (also a nsw public school), the names of recipients were published in newsletters. Those can be found on websites etc.
This is what puzzles me so much.. almost the perfect crime has been committed it seems? And yet it was seemingly random and all the POIs we are aware of are surely not the sharpest tools in the shed. It doesn’t make sense ‍♀️

I’m not sure where I remember this from, but was it PS that had an adult intellectually disabled son?

Last edited:
William Tyrrell inquiry: Former person of interest set to take NSW Police to court
Washing machine repairman Bill Spedding is preparing to launch a civil action for damages against NSW police, having lost his house, business and reputation, after his name was linked to the disappearance of missing boy William Tyrrell.

Mr Spedding has always maintained that he has a solid alibi, as detailed in The Australian’s podcast series, Nowhere Child: he says he had a cup of coffee with his wife, Margaret, at the Buzz cafe in Laurieton at around 10am on the morning of William’s disappearance; and he also attended an assembly at a local primary school, to see a child relative receive an award.
A civil action for the loss of his business, home and family life is likely to follow.
NoCookies | The Australian

William Tyrrell inquiry: Former person of interest set to take NSW Police to court
Washing machine repairman Bill Spedding is preparing to launch a civil action for damages against NSW police, having lost his house, business and reputation, after his name was linked to the disappearance of missing boy William Tyrrell.

Mr Spedding has always maintained that he has a solid alibi, as detailed in The Australian’s podcast series, Nowhere Child: he says he had a cup of coffee with his wife, Margaret, at the Buzz cafe in Laurieton at around 10am on the morning of William’s disappearance; and he also attended an assembly at a local primary school, to see a child relative receive an award.
A civil action for the loss of his business, home and family life is likely to follow.

Well, if he gets any (more?) lawsuit money, I hope those two little girls (now women) get a whole big bunch of it.

As far as I am concerned, any losses he has felt are his life's karma.

Last edited:

Does he have proof of that coffee date with his wife, and his attendance at the award ceremony? Last I heard, it was iffy.

Does he have proof of that coffee date with his wife, and his attendance at the award ceremony? Last I heard, it was iffy.

Still iffy. Two witnesses have testified.
One (a footy club associate) remembers him at an assembly where his grandson received an award, but cannot remember if it was on 12th September.
Another (the grandsons' hairdresser) was at an assembly where his grandson received an award, and cannot recall seeing Spedding or Margaret there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member