Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that I read that Dean Pollard made the report of his sighting of a van coming out of the bush track just four days after William disappeared.

If he saw the police at Spedding's house on the 15th, perhaps he put the two things together in his mind and determined it was worth informing the police about it right away.

Not that the police jumped on that info until many months later, as they were weeding their way through the many tips they received. imo

Could be SA.
They did get that cctv of BS having a beer at the club promptly it would seem.

Could be SA.

That club pic could be the reason why police were visiting the North Haven Bowls Club, couldn't it?

Confirming Spedding's presence at the club that day - if the pic was taken at that club, of course.

Could be SA.
Was that the club where quite a few of the witnesses played darts?
Lots of people around for lunchtime, do tradies in Aus regularly drink in middle of day?
Here they would be worried of being had up for drink driving.

That club pic could be the reason why police were visiting the North Haven Bowls Club, couldn't it?

Confirming Spedding's presence at the club that day - if the pic was taken at that club, of course.

:confused::confused::confused:
Two days after the raid, a neighbour of Mr Spedding made a statement to police about "definitely" seeing the tradesman's van emerge from bush 20km from Kendall on the night of William's disappearance.

Tyrrell scrutiny was devastating: Spedding

Was that the club where quite a few of the witnesses played darts?
Lots of people around for lunchtime, do tradies in Aus regularly drink in middle of day?
Here they would be worried of being had up for drink driving.

I think that the Royal Hotel in Kew is where the dart leagues played.

The Royal Hotel also has a restaurant ... so could be where the pic of Spedding was taken - or at North Haven Bowls Club (or anywhere else). It would have been a Saturday, if it was taken on the 13th. And I believe I saw kids sitting at the table as well.

Last edited:
:confused::confused::confused:
Two days after the raid, a neighbour of Mr Spedding made a statement to police about "definitely" seeing the tradesman's van emerge from bush 20km from Kendall on the night of William's disappearance.

Tyrrell scrutiny was devastating: Spedding

Yes, I read that, too. But I am also sure I saw something that said he made the report 4 days after William went missing.

Perhaps he made the report 4 days after William went missing, and gave an official statement two days after the raid?
A report and a statement being quite different.

I do notice your link says he saw the van on the night William went missing, and other publications say he saw it on the day after William went missing.

Last edited:
I think that the Royal Hotel in Kew is where the dart leagues played.

The Royal Hotel also has a restaurant ... so could be where the pic of Spedding was taken - or at North Haven Bowls Club (or anywhere else). It would have been a Saturday, if it was taken on the 15th. And I believe I saw kids sitting at the table as well.

This from 2012.
   Camden Haven District Darts Association Inc.  -

The venues we play at are: Laurieton United Services Club, North Haven Bowling Club, Laurieton Hotel/Motel, Kew Hotel and Kendall Services and Citizens Club.

June 2018
Mr Brian Collier said the Tyrrell mystery was often discussed at the pub - and recalled one man claiming over beers that he had seen something.

'One bloke, he'd come to the Johns River tavern one day and he said that he'd seen … I think it was a station wagon they were looking for at the time, a white one.

'And he said he'd seen a young kid at the back with a Spiderman suit on, but whether that was bulls*** or not…

'He said he went to the police, whether he did or not, I don't know.'

Inside the town haunted by William Tyrrell's disappearance | Daily Mail Online

Wonder who the bloke was?

I personally think that is super-possible. Or pinpoint them as being more likely than others to be the perpetrator. Significantly further up her list, so to speak.

When I measure Jubes apparent interest in certain individuals - by the specific people he has gone to see testify. And I measure the amount of time people have spent on the stand. Vast difference in the time some people have spent being questioned and testifying.

Pardon a potentially silly question, but isn't the purpose of coronial inquest to primarily to identify whether someone missing is likely alive (or not), and secondly to identify if any lessons can be learned in terms of best practice approach. I am following the inquest with these in mind and probably not expecting much more at this stage. It is also, of course, an opportunity to identify options / targets for continuing investigation as it has been stated many times - adding layers / insights for the LE to pursue. I would argue, with my admitted limited knowledge of course, that the 'mess/confusion/complexity' of info being publicly released via the inquest may be that way for strategic reasons. IMO

May I also ask if anyone saw anything resulting from the Herons Creek timber mill search / excavation that was reported last week in MSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper