Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it ironic he is asking the same amount as Williams reward money...
Not 1.5 million, not 5 million, not 200 thousand but 1 million smackaroos.

Interesting, too, that a desired dollar amount has been disclosed. I can't remember any desired dollar amount being disclosed in the lawsuits against the media.

I can't imagine, with *all* of the publicity and public involvement surrounding this case, with Ron Chapman having told a lot of his personal contacts (siblings, close friends, etc), that not ONE of them called police themselves, to say, hey, you need to go and speak to Ronald Chapman because he saw the boy that morning being driven away. Almost makes one wonder *why*.. I mean, they could have done this in confidence, with Mr. Chapman never knowing who it was exactly who called it in. Did these people close to him believe him to be a 'story-teller' and so did not pay much heed to his story? What else could be the reason for why NONE of them called in with this information? (That is assuming that none of them did.. it is possible that one or more did, but that it had not been followed up on, and got lost amongst the hundreds of other calls about the case?)
I think they must've assumed police had investigated it and led to nothing?

I wonder about the siblings of BD. I believe there are 4 siblings within that family? Including BD.
What might be the heritage of the father(s?) of all of those siblings.
Well one half brother at least is very well known. There are also half sisters. I don't believe he has any full brothers and sisters. At least one other half brother has been in MSM as well. I can't post links as articles name people we are unable to name now.

But what was that comment that was written somewhere that his sister convinced him after two weeks to go to the police?

Here it is .... "several" weeks later

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 27
Mr Chapman said his sister eventually convinced him to go to police “several weeks later”. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Just quoting my own post.

Lia says in the podcast that Mr Chapman never did go to the police. That the word was all around the grapevine, and some other person who didn't even know Mr Chapman - and had heard the info 3rd hand - went into the Laurieton police station in March 2015 (after he told the sister in law of a local cop) and reported it. So the police then went to Mr Chapman.

Detective Jubelin asked him (FD): “There’s been a number of theories that have been put forward to us … and one of those theories is that he (William) might have hurt himself accidentally when the female foster carer and her mother were looking after him and they’ve panicked and covered it up with the fear of losing Lindsay.”

Detective Jubelin then said: “Okay, another theory ... there’s a few of them, and as you understand, it’s got a lot of attention, a lot of people are providing information, different things … that’s when you came home in the car, William ran out to see you, and it’s a classic case of a driveway tragedy.”
The foster father replied: “What, ran him over? No.”

The foster mother was also interviewed on September 1, 2016, in a separate room. They had been told to attend police headquarters at Parramatta for a discussion about the decision to offer a $1 million reward, when in fact Mr Jubelin wanted to interrogate them separately, under formal interview conditions.

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell podcast: foster father was asked if he’d run over boy in driveway
52 MINUTES AGO AUGUST 30, 2019

Have just watched the walk through of Spedding’s , gosh Jubelin is a good investigator. I wonder why this has been released to the public. Must be a reason media have been given reason to release. IMO not convincing at all.

Admittedly I could not watch the video in its entirety because MS just annoyed me with her (IMO) smug demeanour. I felt like she was playing games with GJ, like she was trying to be a smart alec. IF you are completely innocent, even if there was a cloud hanging over your husband's head about possible involvement, would you not do everything in your power to be as helpful as possible to clear any doubt in people's minds? Surely she would have had enough time time to think back to the events of the day considering rumours about her husband and, for heaven's sake, a missing child.

I, too, wonder why this has been released. Something still does not sit right with me about the Speddings, M in particular. Maybe she is just a cantankerous woman, I don't know, but if I was in her position I would be doing everything to help clear my family name.

Hypothetically the two scenarios could be linked. If it was a planned abduction, a tradesman (who could explain away his presence if necessary) could have been organised to abduct William from FGM’s home. A meeting place then organised where a fawn-coloured 4wd would receive William.. would explain the time lapse between assumed time of abduction and sighting by Mr Chapman at 10.45am. The 2 degrees of separation between certain families has always bothered me and seemed like such an unlikely coincidence. IMO

Good theory but the only sticking point in your hypothesis, to me, is the FGM telephoned BS to fix the washing machine. I cannot see the FGM being 'in' on the abduction by contacting BS to abduct William. The threads between the families bothers me, too. I hope it is just an unlikely coincidence but I'm still not convinced.

Detective Jubelin asked him (FD): “There’s been a number of theories that have been put forward to us … and one of those theories is that he (William) might have hurt himself accidentally when the female foster carer and her mother were looking after him and they’ve panicked and covered it up with the fear of losing Lindsay.”

Detective Jubelin then said: “Okay, another theory ... there’s a few of them, and as you understand, it’s got a lot of attention, a lot of people are providing information, different things … that’s when you came home in the car, William ran out to see you, and it’s a classic case of a driveway tragedy.”
The foster father replied: “What, ran him over? No.”

The foster mother was also interviewed on September 1, 2016, in a separate room. They had been told to attend police headquarters at Parramatta for a discussion about the decision to offer a $1 million reward, when in fact Mr Jubelin wanted to interrogate them separately, under formal interview conditions.

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell podcast: foster father was asked if he’d run over boy in driveway
52 MINUTES AGO AUGUST 30, 2019
That’s interesting, had been wondering how much warning the Speddings had about their walk through interview.

‘The Usual Suspects’, the latest edition of The Australian newspaper’s Nowhere Child podcast, is up:

Nowhere Child

With few leads to go on - no witnesses they yet know of, and no forensic evidence - police begin rounding up the usual suspects: local sex offenders and pedophiles. But are they any closer to finding William?

Admittedly I could not watch the video in its entirety because MS just annoyed me with her (IMO) smug demeanour. I felt like she was playing games with GJ, like she was trying to be a smart alec. IF you are completely innocent, even if there was a cloud hanging over your husband's head about possible involvement, would you not do everything in your power to be as helpful as possible to clear any doubt in people's minds? Surely she would have had enough time time to think back to the events of the day considering rumours about her husband and, for heaven's sake, a missing child.

I, too, wonder why this has been released. Something still does not sit right with me about the Speddings, M in particular. Maybe she is just a cantankerous woman, I don't know, but if I was in her position I would be doing everything to help clear my family name.
I totally agree

That’s interesting, had been wondering how much warning the Speddings had about their walk through interview.

Yes, it seems that Jubes sprang these interviews on many people to catch them unprepared.

While I am wondering where Caroline Overington is getting her information from, what internal police source is feeding her this info, I am happy to see it out there.

It proves to all that Jubes did his job thoroughly and with no discrimination or bias.

Last edited:
I can't help but think if this sighting of William in the car had been made straight away, the outcome of this investigation would be very different. They could have put amber alerts out for him and the car, they'd likely never got away!

I also think this is an inside job (someone knows him or the family or distantly knows them)

How devastating for the family.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sm...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html

This article is behind a paywall. Is anyone able to read it/summarise please?
Thanks

Not behind a paywall for me.

It is just some words from the BGM and a summary of the inquest. The delays, the closed court sessions, the court sitting for only 20 mins one day.
Ronald Chapman's stuff (nothing new), Spedding's stuff (nothing new).

A different pic of Mr Chapman.

R Chapman.JPG

"Why didn't they speak to him?" William's biological grandmother asked outside the Coroners Court in Lidcombe this week, following Mr Chapman's evidence.

The article ends with:
But for all the court time spent, the persons of interest ruled in and out, the evidence recapped and the barristers paid for, the question remains: where is William?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html

Not paywalled for me

There are a few comments from bgm

When the coroner announced an investigation into the state's highest-profile missing person's case last year, the biological family of William Tyrrell were cautiously optimistic...............

But five weeks in, the inquest has been plagued by hefty delays, technical problems and seemingly endless "closed" sessions, which members of the public, including journalists, are not permitted to attend.

"It's been really frustrating," William's biological grandmother, whose identity has been suppressed by a court order, said outside Taree Local Court last week.

"We don't really know what's happening," William's grandmother said. "It's been very slow and very frustrating."

There is a photo of bgm and bm sitting with their backs to the camera on the first day ofthe inquest. NC long hair hanging down her back and bm hair tied up in a bun on top of her head.

There is a rundown of Mr Chapmans testimony and pic

A bit about BS that ended with

Last week, other attendees corroborated Mr Spedding's account that he was at the assembly of a child relative, which is what he told police more than four years ago.
"I thought it was odd as it is not a street that people would cruise up to pick up children. My personal thought is that it is targeted and not random," he said of William's disappearance in the same statement.
His lawyer Peter O'Brien told reporters outside court this week that Mr Spedding was considering taking legal action against NSW Police. But for all the court time spent, the persons of interest ruled in and out, the evidence recapped and the barristers paid for, the question remains: where is William?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html
'We don't really know what's happening': Tyrrell inquest throws up more questions than answers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member