Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure a trip to Bali a few times would draw attention,i just cant see the family doing it and to never see him again as it could be very risky
@interested64
I expect you're right about that. I mentioned the Bali visit because Indonesia was a Dutch colony until the 1940s, so presumably it's a place where people with a Dutch heritage might run into each other and strike up a conversation easily. There's no reason to suppose any of this is relevant to William's disappearance. The "very fair" (i.e. pale) appearance of the woman in the fawn 4WD is unusual in Australia, that's all, so if it were to be possible she's Dutch then some sort of "Dutch heritage" connection would be worth a look.

BBM
That is exactly why I thought this was quite possibly a domestic dispute between a couple.
Child not buckled in because the 'mum' grabbed him and took off, fear for herself/the child, and the 'dad' pursued.

Just another thought - re any or none - 'disputes' or otherwise.
IMO, woman driving does not determine 'Mum'; other car driver following does not determine 'Dad'

I'm pretty sure it's been examined if he's a senile nutter or otherwise . .(perhaps since I'm a trusting sole re our high powered governing bodies, who manage our Tax $$ so well )

Surely those called to provide testimony have been vetted & verified ? Surely ?

The only thing that makes sense to me (and this is really bizarre) is that the second vehicle was chasing the 4WD.

I don't know why, or how the second car was connected with the 4WD. Perhaps the person driving the 4WD was a nutter and the person following knew this and was trying to get them to take William back (and hasn't dobbed them in because they don't want to be implicated.)

Hey Angeline, like you I'm comfortable with the 2nd car.
I've never stolen a child (mind you, there's been occasions where I'd seen / witnessed & wished I could wrap them up & care for htm wholistically - but that's for another time !)

I'm comfortable with that scenario because:
* I don't believe something on this level is a one
this is interesting SA.
we rarely point out that two children where there.
was there two cars for two children maybe?
if chapmans testimony is to be believed the behaviour of the two cars suggests maybe an opportunity was had for car 1 and might have blindsided car 2....which is why he took off after her like a maniac.
I don't know.
two cars with a nefarious plan......for two children....maybe???

moo

If it was me, I would've taken both children....

Another comment, now that the shock is wearing off ....

The Coroner may have been poised to cut the inquest short (pending info she was waiting for to come in) because that 20 March 2020 date didn't just get suddenly pulled out of a hat. Inquest schedules would have had to be consulted, which may have involved liaising with coronial court admin staff.
Y
With all due respect, I'm appalled at the time it takes for our judicial system to deal with matters.
I acknowledge due time must be allowed for preparation of concerned parties / their representatives, however I think the current time span is absurd . .. Who's paying for that ? Yep, Who ?

(Try to access the link using your 'private browser'!)

One thing interesting in this article that I hadn't seen before. I had been hoping it had been extended from March to November November to March because something major was in the works and they felt it may take that long to bring it to fruition.. my hopes are now dashed!:

The inquest has so far heard from fewer than half of the 50 witnesses listed, and an additional two-week sitting initially slated for November has now been deemed impossible because of repair work due on the Taree Court House.

The inquest will resume next March, a gap that Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame acknowledged would be difficult for William's loved ones. "I expect some of you are frustrated," she said on Wednesday.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html
From my count we have heard from 34 witnesses ( not including any closed court ones if there was any )

"He did concede that he was also concerned that he hadn't come forward immediately, so he was concerned about what they would think, having come forward so long after it happened."

Where's that bang-your-head emoji??

Backpacker Paul Onions escaped Ivan Milat and was taken to the local police, made a statement and he waited and waited.
Eventually he went back to England where he called Australia to freshen up his case. Nothing.
From the other side of the world he was able to identify Ivan Milat.

What I’m getting at is with the backpacker murders and William Tyrrell kidnaping the cops were inundated with info from all directions so where would they start.
In both cases time was of the essence.

I know it was recently in MSM that LE did not take FD's statement until several days later, and we have also seen that they each did recorded 'walk-throughs' close to the time, however this is talking about separate interrogations in a formal interview setting, so not sure that one of those ever took place before this, since why do it twice. But it is good to know that this was done.

I believe from listening to the podcast that Jubes was prompted to conduct further interviews with the FF due to the lack of leads in the case & encouragement from colleagues to go back & start again with them.

From my count we have heard from 34 witnesses ( not including any closed court ones if there was any )
This was an MSM quote, but do you happen to have a list drsleuth? I was kind of counting too, and I only got to 14. Would be great to see a list of who has testified so far, as it seems the tweets are barely touching the surface of what actually takes place in the courtroom?

Up to a million is actually not a lot for a lawsuit. They generally go for a high figure, because they are generally awarded a much lower figure within that range. imo

When I lived o/s I know of someone who sued for $1,000,000 and was awarded $30,000.
It's also not much, considering the man lost his livelihood (as I believe, the sole breadwinner for the family/household) for the past 4.5 years and likely for the remainder of his life since he is now 65 years old and may not be able to rebuild his business at this point; plus his legal fees for inquest representation alone. Plus they had their grandchildren removed from their home, which may or may not have had a financial impact, and it has been said that he also lost his home, which I believe means they needed to move (large home if it was just the two of them), even though it was rented. Also, I am not sure how your government pensions over there work, or if you even have those(??), but if that happened here, the greatly reduced income would have had a negative financial impact on the amount he would receive for his pension starting at his retirement. One million seems low to me as well. jmo.

This was an MSM quote, but do you happen to have a list drsleuth? I was kind of counting too, and I only got to 14. Would be great to see a list of who has testified so far, as it seems the tweets are barely touching the surface of what actually takes place in the courtroom?

This is the list I have

1. Katherine Alexander ( FACS )
2. Benjamin Atwood ( Salvos young hope )
3. FFC
4. Ann-Maree Sharpley ( neighbour # 31 Benaroon Drive )
5. Lyndene Heslop ( Neighbour # 9 Benaroon Drive )
6. Peter Crabbe ( neighbour )
7. Sherelle Crabbe ( neighbour )
8. John Opdam ( neighbour # 16 Ellendale Cre )
9. Paul Berg ( Port Macquarie SES senior commander )
10. Tim Williams ( NSWP senior Constable Port Macquarie )
11. Chris Rowley ( NSWP Senior Constable - Laurieton )
12. Wendy Hudson ( Snr Constable -Port Macquarie )
13. Gregory Newton ( BIL of Paul Savage )
14. Bio Mother
15. Bio Father
16. Laura Beecroft ( NSWP Detective Sgt )
17. Daniel Dring ( NSWP Senior Constable - Public order riot squad ( PORS ) )
18. Scott Miles ( NSWP Senior Constable PORS )
19. Grant Hollis ( NSWP Senior Constable )
20. Kris Rattenbury ( NSWP Senior Constable )
21. Timothy Donohoe
22. Michael McInnally
23. Sharon Starr
24. Timothy Palmer
25. Robert Donohoe
26. Jost Preis ( NSWP Senior Constable - mapping operations state crime command )
27. Troy Brown
28. Laura Beecroft ( NSWP detective Sgt )
29. Paul Savage ( neighbour # 43 Benaroon )
30. Angela Watts ( AVL )
31. Beverley Sharpe
32. Dean Pollard
33. Geoffrey Owen ( currently thru 1/2 evidence )
34. Margaret Spedding
35. William Spedding
36. Ronald Chapman
37 Katrina Cherry ( AVL )

This is the list I have

1. Katherine Alexander ( FACS )
2. Benjamin Atwood ( Salvos young hope )
3. FFC
4. Ann-Maree Sharpley ( neighbour # 31 Benaroon Drive )
5. Lyndene Heslop ( Neighbour # 9 Benaroon Drive )
6. Peter Crabbe ( neighbour )
7. Sherelle Crabbe ( neighbour )
8. John Opdam ( neighbour # 16 Ellendale Cre )
9. Paul Berg ( Port Macquarie SES senior commander )
10. Tim Williams ( NSWP senior Constable Port Macquarie )
11. Chris Rowley ( NSWP Senior Constable - Laurieton )
12. Wendy Hudson ( Snr Constable -Port Macquarie )
13. Gregory Newton ( BIL of Paul Savage )
14. Bio Mother
15. Bio Father
16. Laura Beecroft ( NSWP Detective Sgt )
17. Daniel Dring ( NSWP Senior Constable - Public order riot squad ( PORS ) )
18. Scott Miles ( NSWP Senior Constable PORS )
19. Grant Hollis ( NSWP Senior Constable )
20. Kris Rattenbury ( NSWP Senior Constable )
21. Timothy Donohoe
22. Michael McInnally
23. Sharon Starr
24. Timothy Palmer
25. Robert Donohoe
26. Jost Preis ( NSWP Senior Constable - mapping operations state crime command )
27. Troy Brown
28. Laura Beecroft ( NSWP detective Sgt )
29. Paul Savage ( neighbour # 43 Benaroon )
30. Angela Watts ( AVL )
31. Beverley Sharpe
32. Dean Pollard
33. Geoffrey Owen ( currently thru 1/2 evidence )
34. Margaret Spedding
35. William Spedding
36. Ronald Chapman
37 Katrina Cherry ( AVL )
Thanks, I was pretty sure however, that they were referring to the second tranche of the inquest when media was saying they'd had less than half on the stand so far?
edit: out of some 50 expected?

Last edited:
Category: | Herald Sun

Im confused.

Wasnt it reported that the night that William was first missing that Mr Chapman saw it on the news and suddenly recognized him from his picture on the news? and said he was 100% certain that was William he saw?

This video with Caroline says that he did not see a photo on the news that night but the next day saw a photo in the news and that was how it happened?

Category: | Herald Sun

"The detective on the local radio makes an announcement the next morning saying that they will be interviewing all the neighbors in the area within a 1km radius"

"And because he is a good citizen, he waits his turn"

How on earth could someone report and say that he is a good citizen when he sees on TV a report of a missing child the night before, then hears more on it the next day and sees the photo he recognizes as William, but still not rush over and report it to police.

It baffles me that she said that he is a good citizen so sat down and waited his turn for police to come and interview him.

This is NOT the logical thinking of a 75 year old and reportedly intelligent highly regarded community member.

Backpacker Paul Onions escaped Ivan Milat and was taken to the local police, made a statement and he waited and waited.
Eventually he went back to England where he called Australia to freshen up his case. Nothing.
From the other side of the world he was able to identify Ivan Milat.

What I’m getting at is with the backpacker murders and William Tyrrell kidnaping the cops were inundated with info from all directions so where would they start.
In both cases time was of the essence.

That man dodged the biggest bullet ever.

I bet he is very thankful for his life.

I would have bought a lotto ticket after escaping Millat.

@Dr Slueth

I am curious

Has there been any mention during the inquest that Williams's sister had given police a statement at any time?

Has never been any reporting on if she ever actually saw anything or heard anything.

She would have still been very young back then but I am surprised haven't heard anything to clarify that she did not see anything.

All I have seen mentioned is that she commented that to her FM the two cars out front early on from memory?

Is it possible that PS on his morning walk mentioned or “informed” the caravan lady about the arrival of the Tyrrell family? He mentioned he noticed their arrival before his morning encounter so potentially this could be where a tip off occurred.
Do we have any info on who this caravan lady was and if she had a car or is connected to anyone else?

Really ?

You don't think that if you had any hand in the 'successful' kidnapping of a child, that you'd be keen to get the hell outbox there, and fast ? "
Sure I'd want to be out of there fast. But not so fast that everyone would be staring at my c ar and be able to describe me. Going the legal limit and not creating unwanted attention would be preferable to getting out of the area a minute or two faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202