Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not behind a paywall for me.

It is just some words from the BGM and a summary of the inquest. The delays, the closed court sessions, the court sitting for only 20 mins one day.
Ronald Chapman's stuff (nothing new), Spedding's stuff (nothing new).

A different pic of Mr Chapman.

View attachment 200984

"Why didn't they speak to him?" William's biological grandmother asked outside the Coroners Court in Lidcombe this week, following Mr Chapman's evidence.

The article ends with:
But for all the court time spent, the persons of interest ruled in and out, the evidence recapped and the barristers paid for, the question remains: where is William?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html
Thanks SA :)

This article says UP to a million.

A washing machine repairman has accused NSW Police of "reputational damage" and is seeking up to $1 million in compensation after his name was linked to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell.

Represented by defence lawyer Peter O'Brien, Bill Spedding, 65, is filing a suit in the NSW Supreme Court for misfeasance in public office, abuse of process and malicious prosecution.

Washing machine repairman demanding $1 million over Tyrrell investigation

Yes, it seems that Jubes sprang these interviews on many people to catch them unprepared.

While I am wondering where Caroline Overington is getting her information from, what internal police source is feeding her this info, I am happy to see it out there.

It proves to all that Jubes did his job thoroughly and with no discrimination or bias.
I think she is getting this info from someone who got their hands in part of the brief ;)

I was actually being sarcastic when I posted that pic for madoodi. I didn't in a million years think anyone would take my post seriously. Next time I will add some kind of humour to my post, so people can catch my unobvious sarcasm. :)
Yes, I was talking more about how the age of the woman seems to be getting all balled up.. just like every detail since the beginning of this case:

In his evidence, Mr Chapman, a retiree, described the driver he saw as a woman "in her late 20s or early 30s" with blonde hair "tied up".

'I definitely saw William': Witness says he saw boy in Spider-Man suit driven away
---

Mr Chapman said the woman, whom he described as fair, in her late 20s or 30s and "plumpish", was driving too fast.

'I recognised the boy': neighbour saw William being driven away, inquest told
---

'(The driver) was a woman in her late 20s to late 30s, blonde hair, very fair complexion. She wore a white, short-sleeved blouse.'

William Tyrrell inquest: Man claims to have spotted boy wearing Spiderman suit on day he vanished | Daily Mail Online
---

He said the driver was a woman aged in her mid-20s to mid-30s with blonde hair piled into a bun on the top of her head.

NoCookies | The Australian
---
From Lia Harris' tweets from court on August 28th:

Lia Harris @LiaJHarris
·
21h
He told he court it was an “old box type four wheel drive” being driven by a woman “in her late 20s to late 30s, very fair complexion... blonde hair combed up with a bow on top of her head”. @10NewsFirst @10Daily
---

This article says UP to a million.

A washing machine repairman has accused NSW Police of "reputational damage" and is seeking up to $1 million in compensation after his name was linked to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell.

Represented by defence lawyer Peter O'Brien, Bill Spedding, 65, is filing a suit in the NSW Supreme Court for misfeasance in public office, abuse of process and malicious prosecution.

Washing machine repairman demanding $1 million over Tyrrell investigation

Up to a million is actually not a lot for a lawsuit. They generally go for a high figure, because they are generally awarded a much lower figure within that range. imo

When I lived o/s I know of someone who sued for $1,000,000 and was awarded $30,000.

Detective Jubelin asked him (FD): “There’s been a number of theories that have been put forward to us … and one of those theories is that he (William) might have hurt himself accidentally when the female foster carer and her mother were looking after him and they’ve panicked and covered it up with the fear of losing Lindsay.”

Detective Jubelin then said: “Okay, another theory ... there’s a few of them, and as you understand, it’s got a lot of attention, a lot of people are providing information, different things … that’s when you came home in the car, William ran out to see you, and it’s a classic case of a driveway tragedy.”
The foster father replied: “What, ran him over? No.”

The foster mother was also interviewed on September 1, 2016, in a separate room. They had been told to attend police headquarters at Parramatta for a discussion about the decision to offer a $1 million reward, when in fact Mr Jubelin wanted to interrogate them separately, under formal interview conditions.

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell podcast: foster father was asked if he’d run over boy in driveway
52 MINUTES AGO AUGUST 30, 2019

Yes, it seems that Jubes sprang these interviews on many people to catch them unprepared.

While I am wondering where Caroline Overington is getting her information from, what internal police source is feeding her this info, I am happy to see it out there.

It proves to all that Jubes did his job thoroughly and with no discrimination or bias.
I would never in a million years have imagined it would've taken two years for the FPs to be 'interrogated separately under formal interview conditions'.

listening to ms again..is it any wonder bs became a poi..she dosnt say anything that actually confirms anything and when gj asks she goes back to he WAS to meet me here ???

I noticed Jubes had to keep saying to her ... Margaret, we are speaking of 12th September ... because she kept saying "usually we would do this, usually we would do that".

I would never in a million years have imagined it would've taken two years for the FPs to be 'interrogated separately under formal interview conditions'.

I honestly do not believe that it was the first formal interview for each of them.

That is something that has been left out of the article, because I am sure that I have read elsewhere that they were formally interviewed when William went missing (or maybe I heard it in a presser).

And we know for sure that FD was put under the microscope very early when they did a videotaped walkthrough with him.

I think that the point that was being made was that Jubes interviewed them when they were unaware they would be interviewed ... sounds as though they were cooperative as they likely did not have time to pull a lawyer in to sit with each of them, and they consented to the interviews.

Last edited:
I honestly do not believe that it was the first formal interview for each of them.

That is something that has been left out of the article, because I am sure that I have read elsewhere that they were formally interviewed when William went missing (or maybe I heard it in a presser).

And we know that FD was put under the microscope very early when they did a videotaped walkthrough with him.

I think that the point that was being made was that Jubes interviewed them when they were unaware they would be interviewed ... sounds as though they were cooperative as they likely did not have time to pull a lawyer in to sit with each of them, and they consented to the interviews.
I know it was recently in MSM that LE did not take FD's statement until several days later, and we have also seen that they each did recorded 'walk-throughs' close to the time, however this is talking about separate interrogations in a formal interview setting, so not sure that one of those ever took place before this, since why do it twice. But it is good to know that this was done.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sm...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html

This article is behind a paywall. Is anyone able to read it/summarise please?
Thanks
(Try to access the link using your 'private browser'!)

One thing interesting in this article that I hadn't seen before. I had been hoping it had been extended from March to November November to March because something major was in the works and they felt it may take that long to bring it to fruition.. my hopes are now dashed!:

The inquest has so far heard from fewer than half of the 50 witnesses listed, and an additional two-week sitting initially slated for November has now been deemed impossible because of repair work due on the Taree Court House.

The inquest will resume next March, a gap that Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame acknowledged would be difficult for William's loved ones. "I expect some of you are frustrated," she said on Wednesday.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html

Last edited:
INTERESTING!!!!

I'm listening to the last podcast (from today).

Foster GM called BS on 6/9 - to discuss her broken washing machine. BS attended her house on 9/9 to assess washing machine. At this visit she told BS that she needed her washing machine fixed before the weekend because she was having visitors that weekend.

William and his family arrived on Thursday 11/9 and he went missing on 12/9.

My point is......hasn't it been stated as "fact" that it was a last minute visit to the foster GM? These statements don't really support that fact. If the FGM knew, surely other people knew in advance that he would be there.

INTERESTING!!!!

I'm listening to the last podcast (from today).

Foster GM called BS on 6/9 - to discuss her broken washing machine. BS attended her house on 9/9 to assess washing machine. At this visit she told BS that she needed her washing machine fixed before the weekend because she was having visitors that weekend.

William and his family arrived on Thursday 11/9 and he went missing on 12/9.

My point is......hasn't it been stated as "fact" that it was a last minute visit to the foster GM? These statements don't really support that fact. If the FGM knew, surely other people knew in advance that he would be there.

No ... FGM knew they were coming. She did not know that they were going to surprise her by coming on Thursday instead of Friday.

The links for this info are all way back in the threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member