Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember there's a link between GO and RD (darts?; RD was thought to be trying to implicate GO). Then FA is mentioned as someone GO knew at least by sight. I wonder about a connection between RD and FA then. Especially if, as was suggested above, FA is in gaol.

FA and GO were neighbours or FA lived in a caravan on GO's property.

Maybe @DrSlueth could she'd more light on this

Yes, underwhelmed here as well.

I wonder if the grandson told Spedding what else went on at the assembly ... Hallelujah, Three Little Pigs spoof.
And perhaps it was commented on, photos published, in the school newsletter after the assembly.

Spedding did say, in his walkthrough, that the school camera would be/was set up in the middle area of the assembly hall to take video/photos.
I seriously wonder if either were there, maybe MS was in too much pain, BS was going to go instead but found message from ffc on his phone while at cafe and changed plans.

Just so others may better understand our Aussie attitude towards Spedding's lawsuits .... Australia is not a country that indulges in millions of lawsuits to gain compensation. I am not saying that lawsuits do not happen here, they do. But not to the extent that they seem to happen elsewhere.

Aussies often just suck it up when various forms of damage happen to us. We made it through, we are alive, we go on in the best manner we can.

And when a person sues several entities over the same/similar thing, it looks like money grabbing to us. Something which is not respected.

Further self-inflicted reputation damage is happening to Spedding now. imo
@SouthAussie
Your explanation of "our Aussie attitude" doesn't include my Aussie attitude: that people who are unfairly hurt are entitled to ask for compensation. Whether they are given that compensation or not is presumably up to a court to decide. In my opinion only, the grandchildren who BS and MS were caring for at the time - reportedly then removed from their care - have lost more than money could ever "compensate" for, and I imagine that goes for the rest of the family too.

@SouthAussie
Your explanation of "our Aussie attitude" doesn't include my Aussie attitude: that people who are unfairly hurt are entitled to ask for compensation. Whether they are given that compensation or not is presumably up to a court to decide. In my opinion only, the grandchildren who BS and MS were caring for at the time - reportedly then removed from their care - have lost more than money could ever "compensate" for, and I imagine that goes for the rest of the family too.

I have simply heard enough about 'poor Spedding'. And many Aussies feel the way that I stated.
IF he has been vindicated, no need to try to pull our police force down, increase our tax dollars. You and I are paying for this.

Go ahead and get a published retraction/apology from relevant MSM. (And he has already sued them.)
The police were doing their job. As Spedding stated outside the police station.

Spedding is not laying in hospital in a lung machine, requiring funds to help offset his medical costs. He has not sliced off his hand in a workplace incident due to improper safety equipment.

No, he is now suing our police - who stated to both Margaret and Spedding (seen on video) a long time ago that the media attention was unfair.

Last edited:
I have simply heard enough about 'poor Spedding'. And many Aussies feel the way that I stated.
IF he has been vindicated, no need to try to pull our police force down, increase our tax dollars. You and I are paying for this.

Go ahead and get a published retraction/apology from relevant MSM. (And he has already sued them.)

Spedding is not laying in hospital in a lung machine, requiring funds to help offset his medical costs. He has not sliced off his hand in a workplace incident due to improper safety equipment.

No, he is now suing our police - who stated to both Margaret and Spedding (seen on video) a long time ago that the media attention was unfair.

I think he needs to tread warily and not be blinded by the $ signs. You never know what might come out in this sort of thing; could be lots of dirty laundry, including why the children were removed from them. IMO.

Oh and I wonder who it is who's driving his case. Lawyers always make lots of $. IMO.

But wasn't it the police that tipped the media off?? I'm pretty sure it was spoken about in CO's podcast maybe with the one Hans Rupp was in....so if in fact it was Police that tipped off the media, then yes they have a lot to answer for in helping to destroy the man's life and his families

But wasn't it the police that tipped the media off?? I'm pretty sure it was spoken about in CO's podcast maybe with the one Hans Rupp was in....so if in fact it was Police that tipped off the media, then yes they have a lot to answer for in helping to destroy the man's life and his families
The police disseminate information to the media all of the time. IMO. It's standard procedure.

43ECAFD2-9D74-45A6-AB7D-D858FD48FAA3.jpeg

The police disseminate information to the media all of the time. IMO. It's standard procedure.

Yeah but what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

They tipped off about BS, but why not about other POI'S within the investigation???

LE thought they had the right man...but it turns out they were so so very wrong now IMO and destroyed someone's life while they were at it

And I believe any tip off may have been more to do with his "treatment of children" - the reason I think that the children were removed - and warning the public, as it may well have been with publication about Jones, Bickford, Nichols.

We do not know what the police fully know about these characters who all live in this area ... and they have no other way of letting us know.

Last edited:
@SouthAussie

Well said and my attitude is with yours

William Tyrrell: Police seek information on two cars | audio, video

Jubes back in Sept 2015.

1:32 We are interested in a 4WD we have a report of leaving Benaroon Drive around the time William went missing. Why that is of interest is independently, we have received other information in regards to a 4WD speeding in the vicinity at or shortly after William disappeared.

William Tyrrell: Police seek information on two cars | audio, video

Jubes back in Sept 2015.

1:32 We are interested in a 4WD we have a report of leaving Benaroon Drive around the time William went missing. Why that is of interest is independently, we have received other information in regards to a 4WD speeding in the vicinity at or shortly after William disappeared.

Also .....

Police believe a 4WD spotted outside the home of missing toddler William Tyrell could shed light on the three-year-old’s disappearance a year ago this week.
Authorities have received reports of a similar car speeding through the town of Kendall on NSW’s mid-north coast where William was living at or shortly after he went missing.

NoCookies | The Australian
4WD clue to missing William Tyrrell
SEPTEMBER 8, 2015

@Dr Slueth

I am curious

Has there been any mention during the inquest that Williams's sister had given police a statement at any time?

Has never been any reporting on if she ever actually saw anything or heard anything.

She would have still been very young back then but I am surprised haven't heard anything to clarify that she did not see anything.

All I have seen mentioned is that she commented that to her FM the two cars out front early on from memory?

MrsM
I think in March it was said that Wendy H (local police officer ) interviewed her / spoke to her .... and that was Wendy H that delivered that info to the March Inquest...
I don’t think from memory she saw the 2 parked cars .... it was the teal-ish one that did the u turn with the thickset man driving that she saw ... she asked her Mum who was that?
Could be wrong but I think that’s how it went ... IMO

We have all learned things we didnt know about before the inquest, but have the police, do you think there were new witnesses who spoke up and told police anything they didnt already know.
Was the whole thing just an exercise to get another opinion on what direction to proceed, if the detectives were at loggerheads with each other and things were at a stalemate?

Idk about sueing the cops, but I'd argue it's actually very Australian to sue for defamation against the media, to the point where some legal experts think it needs to be reined in. See: Rebel Wilson, Geoffrey Rush. Our laws actually make it easier to sue for defamation and more likely to succeed than anywhere else in the anglosphere. Politicians do it quite a lot too. https://www.smh.com.au/national/aus...ws-are-ripe-for-overhaul-20181207-p50kwk.html

As an aside, I'd argue there's no shame in sueing when thats the only legal recourse available to you. And sometimes litigation has had quite positive effects on increasing safety regulations, I don't think it should be viewed as always wrong. Frivolous lawsuits make good clickbait but they generally don't go very far if they have no merit.

Remember there's a link between GO and RD (darts?; RD was thought to be trying to implicate GO). Then FA is mentioned as someone GO knew at least by sight. I wonder about a connection between RD and FA then. Especially if, as was suggested above, FA is in gaol.

JLZ can you expand any more info on this please?
RD and GO??
FA in jail? ... what for??
Etc...
Thanks...

We have all learned things we didnt know about before the inquest, but have the police, do you think there were new witnesses who spoke up and told police anything they didnt already know.
Was the whole thing just an exercise to get another opinion on what direction to proceed, if the detectives were at loggerheads with each other and things were at a stalemate?

Since some posts on the previous page, I am wondering if Geoff Owen and Frank Abbott were compelled to speak due to the coronial process. May be something that the police had been unable to achieve previously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back