Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountaingazer asked last thread:

"Anyone have a pale, blonde women who was in their late 20's or early 30's at the time, on their radar?"

It reminds me of the picture of BM in 2011, plump and pregnant, mostly blonde, hair screwed up behind. She would have been, what, early- to mid-twenties in 2014. Apparently she has an alibi. Events seem directed at Savage, but if they weren't, I might want to look at the alibi more closely.

Was it discussed early on in WS that there's some sort of connection between Speddings & William's BF ?
Was that on MS side ?
MS has a son who's been housed at Her Majesty's Pleasure (imo, he has an ex who could also fit the description)
BF has similarlar experience.
Just wondering if they met up.

Quite a good link Dr Sleuth... thanks...

I have noticed quite a bit of “damage control” by CO re the Speddings in the last few days with various interviews, articles and podcast...
Was the Australian one of the first to publish BS as a POI??? Or their associated press outlets??

Idk about sueing the cops, but I'd argue it's actually very Australian to sue for defamation against the media, to the point where some legal experts think it needs to be reined in. See: Rebel Wilson, Geoffrey Rush. Our laws actually make it easier to sue for defamation and more likely to succeed than anywhere else in the anglosphere. Politicians do it quite a lot too. https://www.smh.com.au/national/aus...ws-are-ripe-for-overhaul-20181207-p50kwk.html

As an aside, I'd argue there's no shame in sueing when thats the only legal recourse available to you. And sometimes litigation has had quite positive effects on increasing safety regulations, I don't think it should be viewed as always wrong. Frivolous lawsuits make good clickbait but they generally don't go very far if they have no merit.

Just some interesting general info on the subject, as it is all about to change:

All states and territories have agreed to change our outdated defamation laws as of June 2020.

A review has been completed, and resolving issues - via a concerns notice and without litigation - has been recommended.

"The required content of an offer to make amends is specified in section 15.
The required content includes offers to:
publish a reasonable correction of the matter;
take reasonable steps to tell other parties that the publisher has given the material to, that the material is or may be defamatory;
and pay the expenses of the aggrieved person reasonable incurred before the offer was made, and while the aggrieved person is considering the offer."
https://www.justice.nsw.gov.au/justicepolicy/Documents/defamation-act-statutory-review-report.pdf

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...or-defamation-law-reform-20190130-p50ukf.html

Last edited:
JLZ can you expand any more info on this please?
RD and GO??
FA in jail? ... what for??
Etc...
Thanks...
Thanks, I'm wrong about RD and GO. It was MM who saw the car and was possibly trying to implicate GO.

FA in gaol was a speculation by someone upthread.

I haven't been able to learn anything at all about FA. What CuriousCritter said about him being a neighbour to GO or living in a caravan on his property was news to me as far as I remember.

Quite a good link Dr Sleuth... thanks...

I have noticed quite a bit of “damage control” by CO re the Speddings in the last few days with various interviews, articles and podcast...
Was the Australian one of the first to publish BS as a POI??? Or their associated press outlets??

They were one of the media outlets sued.
Perhaps it is part of their settlement deal? (see my post #562 about the new laws about to be put in effect as at June 2020).

Thanks, I'm wrong about RD and GO. It was MM who saw the car and was possibly trying to implicate GO.

FA in gaol was a speculation by someone upthread.

I haven't been able to learn anything at all about FA. What CuriousCritter said about him being a neighbour to GO or living in a caravan on his property was news to me as far as I remember.

DrSlueth mentioned about them being neighbours and gave the address for Owen...I just went looking for the post but can't find it, so either I'm not looking properly or mods have removed it

Category: | The Courier Mail
Has anyone watched this yet?
Highlight of the inquest for me being able to watch Jubelin for 40 mins!
What stood out for me was that Spedding “knew” so much more about the Assembly than MS.

Margaret was very vague on a lot of things, could be a good tactic, would make it look like she couldnt possibly have filled BS on in anything if she couldnt remember much!
Lol he remembered where they sat but she didn't
Loved some of the questions the detectives asked BS.

Surprised how few people were at the assembly. Hard to miss someone that day.

I found it interesting Kiwi.

especially as you pointed out the difference in clarity of recollection!
If MS was interviewed initially a week after, wouldn't that have cemented some 'recall'.
And I can't belief in this situation, she & Bill wouldn't have gone over every detail themselves, between themselves & anyone at the cafe or scoop that day.

Does Bill go to many assemblies ? - she said SHE rarely misses them.
When she was asked repeatedly why she was certain he was there with her, she didn't say ' because he always comes with me' or ' because we go together to every time one of the kids gets a reward' etc

I found it interesting Kiwi.
especially as you pointed out the difference in clarity of recollection!
If MS was interviewed initially a week after, wouldn't that have cemented some 'recall'.
And I can't belief in this situation, she & Bill wouldn't have gone over every detail themselves, between themselves & anyone at the cafe or scoop that day.

Does Bill go to many assemblies ? - she said SHE rarely misses them.
When she was asked repeatedly why she was certain he was there with her, she didn't say ' because he always comes with me' or ' because we go together to every time one of the kids gets a reward' etc

As to the bolded, if they had done that, tried to go over details with people from the cafe or the school, about them being there that day, I think it would have backfired. It might have looked like tampering?

Yeah but what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

They tipped off about BS, but why not about other POI'S within the investigation???

LE thought they had the right man...but it turns out they were so so very wrong now IMO and destroyed someone's life while they were at it

I wonder if they actually put him in the spotlight for so long hoping that the real PERP would relax a little and maybe pass a few comments here or there and maybe be uncovered.

William Tyrrell: Police seek information on two cars | audio, video

Jubes back in Sept 2015.

1:32 We are interested in a 4WD we have a report of leaving Benaroon Drive around the time William went missing. Why that is of interest is independently, we have received other information in regards to a 4WD speeding in the vicinity at or shortly after William disappeared.

So a 4WD was also seen exiting Benaroon drive when he was taken as well as the one that RC saw?

Which means there is another witness we have not heard from?

The other vehicle in question is a four-wheel-drive that is said to have exited Benaroon Drive around the time William disappeared. A four-wheel-drive was later seen driving at speed in the Kendall area.

The ads I've seen for GO seem to indicate he lived in Logans Crossing or Herons Creek.

The interesting thing about Geoff Owen is that he was in Kendall on the day that William disappeared, and possibly also sometime during the preceding 4 days (to inspect the deck).
I wonder if he and Frank Abbott worked together on some projects.

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 22
The court heard he was then contacted by the foster grandmother again to repair some decking on September 8 before attending the house to inspect the decking. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

The court heard Mr Owen told police he attended the Kendall Community Centre between 10am and 11am to pay for advertising in the Chronicle the day William disappeared. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

The court heard Mr Owen eventually repaired the decking at the foster grandmother’s house in October 2014 after it was put off because of William’s disappearance. @10Daily @10NewsFirst

So a 4WD was also seen exiting Benaroon drive when he was taken as well as the one that RC saw?

The other vehicle in question is a four-wheel-drive that is said to have exited Benaroon Drive around the time William disappeared. A four-wheel-drive was later seen driving at speed in the Kendall area.

When looking back at the draft witness list that drsleuth posted back in July, there are quite a few witnesses that either testified in closed court, or haven't yet appeared.
I wonder if the first one on this list is Frank Abbott.

Draft Witness list :
A convicted paedophile- ? male ? female
2 mystery women - ??
Un-named male- ??
Anthony Jones - convicted child sex offender
Debbie Gardoll- ex
"other relatives" - of Anthony & Debbie???
Bill Spedding - washing machine man
Margaret Spedding - wife of Bill Spedding
Valda Ballesty - Laurieton Public School official
Angela Eschler- hairdresser
Paul Savage - neighbour #
Patrick Teeling - NSW Mid North Coast local
Gordon Wiegold - Laurieton milk vendor and former journalist
Geoff Owen - installed the decking
Elizabeth Rowley - wife of Laurieton police officer Senior Constable Christopher Rowley
Three police officers - ???
Daniela Parish - owned Laurieton’s Cafe Buzz
Martin Parish - owned Laurieton’s Cafe Buzz
“Amy” - ?
“Tanya”- ?

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

Can anyone tell me if they often sang “Hallelujah” at school assembly and also what was the school song.
I’m underwhelmed by the walk through, the only person to maybe vouch for them was pretty vague.
Considering both BS and MS were there, what are the odds that neither of them remember anyone, and no one seems to remeber either of them. The odds are all halved by the fact there were two of them.

Its all very well to say this was months later, but didnt BS give long statement within a week or so of Williams disappearance, you would realise at that point how significant the morning was, and that’s when you would go over who you saw and save the memory.

Do a test yourself, think of somewhere you went in last couple of weeks where there were people you knew. i’d be surprised if anyone couldnt remember a few.
Agree..im wondering now what was wrong with the washing machine and if he could get it going by replacing one part..i also think the speddings could of gained info of the children..how was your day etc what did you do..

Idly curious about Patrick Teeling, I checked White Pages. There's only one Teeling listed on the North Coast, the initial is P, and the location is Johns River. I wonder if he works for Boral.

I seriously wonder if either were there, maybe MS was in too much pain, BS was going to go instead but found message from ffc on his phone while at cafe and changed plans.
Im thinking they had coffee and cake and he said..you go over amd ill quickly go and get machine ready aa i cam replace other part later...she goes to school and sits outside because hes late..just thinking imo

Is it possible the “wrong child” - William was abducted??
There were other children living permanently on Benaroon Drive.... nothing has been said that any links to those families have been explored by Police...???
Were the abductors in fact there for another child and William just happened to wander out??? Hence making him one of the 3%???? Especially as he wasn’t due to arrive till later that day?
The whole case is perplexing.... and I can’t begin to imagine the anguish of the families involved...

Idly curious about Patrick Teeling, I checked White Pages. There's only one Teeling listed on the North Coast, the initial is P, and the location is Johns River. I wonder if he works for Boral.
I think he was at the inquest purely as his son attended the same school at the spedding grandchildren and he couched for seeing spedding on what he thought may hav been that day. ( think I’ve got the right guy )

Is it possible the “wrong child” - William was abducted??
There were other children living permanently on Benaroon Drive.... nothing has been said that any links to those families have been explored by Police...???
Were the abductors in fact there for another child and William just happened to wander out??? Hence making him one of the 3%???? Especially as he wasn’t due to arrive till later that day?
The whole case is perplexing.... and I can’t begin to imagine the anguish of the families involved...

Really good point actually.

I think PS said that was children somewhere close to him that he heard as when asked again if it was the children at FGM 48 Benaroon he heard he couldn't say.

The thing that really stood out to me watching that video this many years later. Was how very obvious the blue underarms of the top half of the suit were .

I wonder if Mr Chapman gave that information to anyone he spoke to or the police before September 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member