Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that TGY, but it's usually those wanting to build their profile that do Pro Bono (IMO ?) and I thought Peter O'Brien would be well past that.... maybe he enjoys certain challenges ? Who knows the whims of others ..

If he is doing Pro Bono I guess he thinks has a strong case IMO? And if he does win the case imagine how much media coverage there will be. Great advertising isn't it?

You can pay for a good website, have a large ad in a newspaper, advertise in the yellow pages but a huge win and likely weeks of media coverage thereafter is priceless.

And if he does win, I think Australia will be hearing about it for years to come.

Smart man!

If he is doing Pro Bono I guess he thinks has a strong case IMO? And if he does win the case imagine how much media coverage there will be. Great advertising isn't it?

You can pay for a good website, have a large ad in a newspaper, advertise in the yellow pages but a huge win and likely weeks of media coverage thereafter is priceless.

And if he does win, I think Australia will be hearing about it for years to come.

Smart man!

Lawyers don't generally conduct lawsuits pro bono. The usual terms of agreement state that the lawyer will receive 1/3 of the payout. No money upfront required.

He already has a decent website. And has conducted quite a few lawsuits before.
He is Principal Lawyer at O'Brien Solicitors.

I understand what you're saying SA - people edit photos for sure.

However, the issue as I see it (and perhaps also the Coroner) is that the initial photo was taken at around 7.30 am. Not at around 9.30 am as always presented.
(Edits of photos have to occur AFTER the initial taking)

Why would that time not have been corrected ?
I don't think it will show that the photo was really taken at 7:30 am.

I think it will show that the time stamp on the camera was 2 hours off. JMO

Bali is two hours behind us.

Problem with that theory though is the times of the photo are not two hours apart, they are 2 hours and 2 minutes apart which means the times are the exact reverse of each other. That’s rather odd in my opinion.

7.39 v 9.37

I honestly think the Bali time difference is the logical explanation here.
I also think the Coroner is just doing her job & making sure the photo is examined by an independent party, having already been given the evidence that the police have had it examined.
It is an interesting coincidence that the times are the exact reverse of each other, except the seconds don’t match.
The clock in my car slowly loses time, while my watch slowly increases time -how am I ever on time for anything :eek:, perhaps the camera does the same thing or perhaps the cameras time was originally manually set & the operator accidentally set it two minutes out.

ETA - I actually changed my watch settings while on a holiday to Fiji, when I returned I must have been living on Fiji time for at least two weeks before I changed it, I can’t imagine bothering to change a camera that’s not used everyday.

Attachments

• E8964D85-B463-4C03-95DB-63B6691854B1.jpeg
    E8964D85-B463-4C03-95DB-63B6691854B1.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1
NoCookies | The Australian

There are several possible explanations for confusion over the time-stamp: the timer on the camera may have been faulty or set to a different time zone, for example. The NSW Coroner’s Court on Monday released a section of transcript from the inquiry into William’s disappearance, dealing with the issue.

In the extract, from August 28, the counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock, told the court: “I’ve just been reminded there was going to be an application by Ms (Michelle) Swift (who represents William’s biological father) today. We’re not going to deal with that today because we need to obtain some further evidence which will relate to that application.”

The coroner, Harriet Grahame, replied: “Yes, I think it’s important that that’s dealt with in detail, and we do need that further statement. It’s important.”

Ms Swift then said: “Certainly … and if I can park that application until later.”

Ms Grahame interjected: “I’m aware of what the application is. I think it’s important we’re pursuing it, and we’ll come back to it.”

Mr Craddock then said: “We’re going to be obtaining some expert evidence that’s going to deal with that issue, amongst other things.”

For anyone who was at the inquest: were there things said by witnesses, Counsel Assisting, or Deputy Coroner which weren't reported in MSM which would be helpful for sleuths to know? (Nothing private, secret, or held in closed court, obviously; I'm just asking about details which reporters could have covered but didn't.) Thanks.

There are several possible explanations for confusion over the time-stamp: the timer on the camera may have been faulty or set to a different time zone, for example. The NSW Coroner’s Court on Monday released a section of transcript from the inquiry into William’s disappearance, dealing with the issue.

In the extract, from August 28, the counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock, told the court: “I’ve just been reminded there was going to be an application by Ms (Michelle) Swift (who represents William’s biological father) today. We’re not going to deal with that today because we need to obtain some further evidence which will relate to that application.”

The coroner, Harriet Grahame, replied: “Yes, I think it’s important that that’s dealt with in detail, and we do need that further statement. It’s important.”

Ms Swift then said: “Certainly … and if I can park that application until later.”

Ms Grahame interjected: “I’m aware of what the application is. I think it’s important we’re pursuing it, and we’ll come back to it.”

Mr Craddock then said: “We’re going to be obtaining some expert evidence that’s going to deal with that issue, amongst other things.”

So the Coroner's Court has gone into damage control and yesterday released the official excerpt about the 2 hour time difference. MSM probably applied for it.

This article seems far less sensationalised.

The Australian has obtained an extract from an interview conducted by former lead detective Gary Jubelin that suggests he believed that the last known photograph was taken at 9.37am, and that the “corrected time” on the image was the right one.

In an interview with William’s foster father, Mr Jubelin said: “I’ll show you a sequence of five photos … we know this is a well-known photo and that’s 9.37am … that’s the last confirmed sighting of William.”

Yes sort it..but really no Q Regarding the flimsy details of bs and ms..so far from what i gather there is no proof at all

From the MSM article i posted up previously the EXIF data or metadata will be examined forensically and has nothing to do with the timestamp.
(quote)
The EXIF data of a photo is stored inside the digital file of the image and gives more accurate information than a timestamp, as a camera’s date and time setting may be incorrect.
Doubts raised over critical last photo of William Tyrrell

Thanks SLouTh (can I call you SL :)

It was a good refresher. Noted also the AFTER, also the part where Col says 'The only time I seen him real upset was when they nabbed him and took him and Margaret in for an interview'
Yet in the walk through we very recently saw with Marg, she corrected herself & said to the effect 'well they took Bill, they talked with me in the house' - when they were So Shocked at what happened to Them.
Any thought about what happened to a little Boy ?!

I'm not saying they're responsible, but it's my opinion that their lack of empathy for the true victim, has done them & their cause no good.
I understand it's been tuff for them but they could've held their heads high, accepted the enquiries & praised police for doing their job, instead of suing them - IMO

Reality is that justice comes to ALL - eventually.
This Will Be Solved.
I agree
They did themselves no favours imo
MS & BS didn’t work with the police at all
Instead they, acted like it was a huge inconvenience to them. Yes I’m sure it was. But still at the end of the day, the police must’ve had good reason to keep looking into them. The police were just doing their job.
It was only a few interviews in when BS decided to stop cooperating with the police.
If they really cared about helping solve WT mystery they would be doing everything to help clear their name.

I agree
They did themselves no favours imo
MS & BS didn’t work with the police at all
Instead they, acted like it was a huge inconvenience to them. Yes I’m sure it was. But still at the end of the day, the police must’ve had good reason to keep looking into them. The police were just doing their job.
It was only a few interviews in when BS decided to stop cooperating with the police.
If they really cared about helping solve WT mystery they would be doing everything to help clear their name.
Supply the link please that says not cooperating with investigators. Otherwise all reports have said they were cooperating with police.

Supply the link please that says not cooperating with investigators. Otherwise all reports have said they were cooperating with police.
Sorry should rephrase that
I referring to their attitudes specifically
Their demeanour didn’t match people who said they are cooperating fully with police
Actions speak louder than words
IMO
It didn’t come across as people who were 100% helpful and cooperative
Yes, they did the walk through
But it came across like it was a huge inconvenience & they were very defensive & unspecific on purpose
That’s my thoughts anyway

Last edited:
"The mill continues operating to this day as the jewel in Boral’s hardwood crown." Herons Creek Timber Mill - Herons Creek (2013)

Plus 2017 document about the mill: includes map. https://www.boral.com.au/sites/default/files/media/field_document/20171122 Herons Creek PIRMP public version.pdf

I can't stand to think about why the police were searching for evidence at a local sawmill.

No reflection on your post, JLZ. Or any sleuthing about the mill. If it could be part of this tragedy, it needs to be checked out thoroughly.

Shoes are irrelevant and need to be able to prove that they were where they were supposed to be.

It’s finding William and finding out what happened to him that’s important. IMO.
Very important yes!
And yes it seems it has been proven..so lets see where this is going now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother