Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's my latest thought. Is it possible that Jubes' trial will help William's case?

It is said that Savage may need to testify there. So that puts him in front of yet another court, under oath.

What I am wondering is if the judge will be called upon to gauge if the recorded conversations were for valid operational purposes and therefore allowable (under an 'in the interest of justice' rule that I am sure I have linked before).
And if so, would the content of the recordings come into consideration, and maybe be somewhat answerable by Savage?

Not sure if I am explaining this very well.

Jubelin has vowed to fight the charges and is set to face court later this month. If his case goes to trial, Savage could be called to testify.
Revealed: Man Questioned Over William Tyrrell Breached Restraining Order
I wondered the same thing, SA, but I also wonder if he does testify will it be in closed court or will he refuse under grounds of 'Might incriminate....'

Anyway, regardless of those thoughts, I hope he does get called - rattle the cages a bit more. Given that he's a key player in Jubes' charges & 'retirement', you'd think he'd have to be called. IMO.

I wondered the same thing, SA, but I also wonder if he does testify will it be in closed court or will he refuse under grounds of 'Might incriminate....'

Anyway, regardless of those thoughts, I hope he does get called - rattle the cages a bit more. Given that he's a key player in Jubes' charges & 'retirement', you'd think he'd have to be called. IMO.

I think it may all be in closed court, regardless. As it (William's case) is an ongoing investigation.

And yes, Savage may refuse to testify if he feels that it will incriminate him. Surely that would say a lot to the Coroner if that happens?

Or I guess Savage could just rely on his doddering memory to 'not remember'.

Who found that piece of red material in the searches??

I think it may all be in closed court, regardless. As it (William's case) is an ongoing investigation.

And yes, Savage may refuse to testify if he feels that it will incriminate him. Surely that would say a lot to the Coroner if that happens?

BBM. I suspect you're right given that it will be about police procedure.

Is this PS place as well subdivission?

https://homesales.com.au/details/sold-properties/kendall-nsw/lot-43-benaroon-drive/2332297
Vendor says SELL!
What a wonderful opportunity to secure a great 4800 square metre block in a quiet estate. Recently cleared of undergrowth this good sized block is awaiting plans for your dream home. You can walk through tracks winding their way through State Forest and commune with nature. Just 5 minutes by road to Kendall, 15 minutes to the beach and 30 minutes to

BENAROON (DR|DRIVE|PLACE) Kendall Real Estate Old Listings
LOT 43 BENAROON DRIVE, KENDALL

4800 Sqm

Residential

Last Advertised Price : June 2016
$149,000 Offers invited
Historical Prices:
  • June 2016$149,000 Offers invited
  • May 2016$149,000 Offers invited
  • April 2016$159,000
  • January 2016$159,000
  • August 2015$165,000
  • March 2015$165,000
  • June 2013$199,000

It was a small tuft of red fluff snagged in bracken found by Police.

Police investigating the disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrrell recovered a small tuft of red fluff, snagged in bracken about 200 metres from where the boy was last seen alive, according to a statement released by the NSW Coroner today.

Besides the red fluff, police bagged a strand of “strawberry blonde” hair found snagged on barbed wire, in a gully close to where William had last been seen.

Its significance is not yet known

William Tyrrell search: Police find red fluff
NoCookies | The Australian
also......
https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/willi...ant-new-evidence-released-in-inquest-c-142867

The dense bush offered up more items of interest, including marijuana plants, men’s underwear, red fluff and a child’s toy.

One volunteer found blood near a road on the afternoon of the fifth day of searching, and Sen Const Rowley was approached by a woman offering information. “She told us a male in a white ute had been sitting off the side (of the road) watching the actions of police around the ‘blood find’ for about 15 minutes,” the officer said.
Disturbing early clues in William Tyrrell search

Is this PS place as well subdivission?

https://homesales.com.au/details/sold-properties/kendall-nsw/lot-43-benaroon-drive/2332297
Vendor says SELL!
What a wonderful opportunity to secure a great 4800 square metre block in a quiet estate. Recently cleared of undergrowth this good sized block is awaiting plans for your dream home. You can walk through tracks winding their way through State Forest and commune with nature. Just 5 minutes by road to Kendall, 15 minutes to the beach and 30 minutes to

BENAROON (DR|DRIVE|PLACE) Kendall Real Estate Old Listings
LOT 43 BENAROON DRIVE, KENDALL

4800 Sqm

Residential

Last Advertised Price : June 2016
$149,000 Offers invited
Historical Prices:
  • June 2016$149,000 Offers invited
  • May 2016$149,000 Offers invited
  • April 2016$159,000
  • January 2016$159,000
  • August 2015$165,000
  • March 2015$165,000
  • June 2013$199,000

We found that the lot numbers do not correlate directly with the street numbers.
I believe that could be the piece of then-forested/now-cleared piece of land across the road from FGM's place.

So, here's my latest thought. Is it possible that Jubes' trial will help William's case?

It is said that Savage may need to testify there. So that puts him in front of yet another court, under oath.

What I am wondering is if the judge will be called upon to gauge if the recorded conversations were for valid operational purposes and therefore allowable (under an 'in the interest of justice' rule that I am sure I have linked before).
And if so, would the content of the recordings come into consideration, and maybe be somewhat answerable by Savage?

Not sure if I am explaining this very well.

Jubelin has vowed to fight the charges and is set to face court later this month. If his case goes to trial, Savage could be called to testify.
Revealed: Man Questioned Over William Tyrrell Breached Restraining Order
Im pretty dam sure ps wont remember anything

From the previous thread:
@Blues Clues
(thread #46, post #1244)
"If we were to overlay a map of the June 2018 search area and the area encompassed by PS's walk on the morning of Sept 12th 2014, might they line up reasonably closely?"
My reply:
I had a go at doing a map, but it's ended up being three images and a big mess, and I can't manage to explain in words either: each map relates to the others and there are lines everywhere.

To me, IMO, it looks like the 2018 forensic search might have covered the areas where PS walked when first setting off (regardless of whether he took the CuriousCritter-suggested route or the drsleuth-suggested route) but it didn't cover his trip through Kendall State Forest (if he did go that way), or home along Batar Creek Road and Benaroon Drive. I think it's possible the walking routes we've been shown are for his regular morning walk, though, not the route when he was out searching.

Map links, with thanks:
- 2018 forensic search: sleepinoz (thread #43, post #1096)
"Nowhere Child: New documents released at inquest into William Tyrrell's disappearance", The Australian, 16 August 2019
- the short PS walk: drsleuth (thread #46, post #960)
- the long PS walk: CuriousCritter (thread #46, post #1016)

w
The dense bush offered up more items of interest, including marijuana plants, men’s underwear, red fluff and a child’s toy.

One volunteer found blood near a road on the afternoon of the fifth day of searching, and Sen Const Rowley was approached by a woman offering information. “She told us a male in a white ute had been sitting off the side (of the road) watching the actions of police around the ‘blood find’ for about 15 minutes,” the officer said.
Wasnt one of the cars pushing something down or getting cell coverage a white ute ?

@Blues Clues
(thread #46, post #1244)
"If we were to overlay a map of the June 2018 search area and the area encompassed by PS's walk on the morning of Sept 12th 2014, might they line up reasonably closely?"
My reply:
I had a go at doing a map, but it's ended up being three images and a big mess, and I can't manage to explain in words either: each map relates to the others and there are lines everywhere.

To me, IMO, it looks like the 2018 forensic search might have covered the areas where PS walked when first setting off (regardless of whether he took the CuriousCritter-suggested route or the drsleuth-suggested route) but it didn't cover his trip through Kendall State Forest (if he did go that way), or home along Batar Creek Road and Benaroon Drive. I think it's possible the walking routes we've been shown are for his regular morning walk, though, not the route when he was out searching.

Map links, with thanks:
"Nowhere Child: New documents released at inquest into William Tyrrell's disappearance", The Australian, 16 August 2019

Great that you looked at this, stormbird. Not the easiest task.

Yes, I agree. We really can't say which route Savage took when he went out searching. He has stated a couple of versions of that already. One version said he searched the then-forested lot across the street, then went up the hill. Another version said he stopped at the then-empty-due-to-owners-being-away house and searched there and then went up the hill. And then, he became disoriented so it took him a while to get back.

Last edited:
Police investigating the disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrrell recovered a small tuft of red fluff, snagged in bracken about 200 metres from where the boy was last seen alive, according to a statement released by the NSW Coroner today.

Besides the red fluff, police bagged a strand of “strawberry blonde” hair found snagged on barbed wire, in a gully close to where William had last been seen.

Its significance is not yet known

William Tyrrell search: Police find red fluff
NoCookies | The Australian
also......
https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/willi...ant-new-evidence-released-in-inquest-c-142867

Yes, so the red fluff was found ... then detectives also found the strand of hair nearby. When they were called over to view the red fluff? I think it could have been anyone who found the red fluff.

And I would love to know if it was someone who perhaps tried to insert themselves into the investigation - and found it important to stay home on 12th September when he had committed to his brother to care for him because there was no-one else to do so.

Just want to look at this completely - because Jubes recorded him for a reason, and all those inquest questions were asked for a reason.

There is also a map showing this article showing the searches undertaken. And yes... they do seem to overlap with the area PS walked in.

No inference drawn, just remembered someone asking about this recently.

Edited to say sorry... others have made better responses. Wasn't sure how to delete!!

Last edited:
@Blues Clues
(thread #46, post #1244)
My reply:

Map links, with thanks:
The place where the searching suddenly shifted to was further down Batar Creek Road, about 1.5km south-west of the caravan as indicated by CC.
William Tyrrell: Police Narrow Search To Small Area Of Bushland

Last edited:
The only person to come forward as a possible witness to the likely abduction of William Tyrrell has previously been credited with helping police solve a vexing crime, according to new documents....................

“Have you heard of Ruth Styles? She was the first lady detective in NSW, plain clothes,” he said (she was in fact one of a handful of female recruits to the NSW police force in the 1950s, and the first female detective inspector in a country station, Warilla, known now as Oak Flats. She died in 1998.)

“Anyway, they were looking for a person, and I knew the person that they were looking for,” Mr Chapman said.

“I used to work on the counter in the post office at Wollongong, and I saw this codger walk past so I just got on the phone and rang the police station, and I just said, is Ruth Styles on duty?

“(They said) yes, I’ll put her on. So anyway. I said, Ruth, that fella you’re looking for has just walked down going east past the post office. (She said) thanks, Ron, we’ll be up there in no time. And so anyway, she rang back and said, we’ve nabbed him.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/podcasts/william-tyrrell-disappearance-ronald-chapman-waited-for-a-knock-on-the-door/news-story/8bb6b45198417f3d323f56e68efa772c
William Tyrrell disappearance: Ronald Chapman waited for a knock on the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member