Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's my latest thought. Is it possible that Jubes' trial will help William's case?

It is said that Savage may need to testify there. So that puts him in front of yet another court, under oath.

What I am wondering is if the judge will be called upon to gauge if the recorded conversations were for valid operational purposes and therefore allowable (under an 'in the interest of justice' rule that I am sure I have linked before).
And if so, would the content of the recordings come into consideration, and maybe be somewhat answerable by Savage?

Not sure if I am explaining this very well.

Jubelin has vowed to fight the charges and is set to face court later this month. If his case goes to trial, Savage could be called to testify.
Revealed: Man Questioned Over William Tyrrell Breached Restraining Order
You make a good point, South Aussie.
I wonder.....
So for Jubelin to be found guilty, Savage is going to have to prove that the recordings were unnecessary (so, not for 'operational' reasons). You would therefore think that the recordings would then have to be played to prove that?
I need to think more on this.

The only person to come forward as a possible witness to the likely abduction of William Tyrrell has previously been credited with helping police solve a vexing crime, according to new documents....................

“Have you heard of Ruth Styles? She was the first lady detective in NSW, plain clothes,” he said (she was in fact one of a handful of female recruits to the NSW police force in the 1950s, and the first female detective inspector in a country station, Warilla, known now as Oak Flats. She died in 1998.)

“Anyway, they were looking for a person, and I knew the person that they were looking for,” Mr Chapman said.

“I used to work on the counter in the post office at Wollongong, and I saw this codger walk past so I just got on the phone and rang the police station, and I just said, is Ruth Styles on duty?

“(They said) yes, I’ll put her on. So anyway. I said, Ruth, that fella you’re looking for has just walked down going east past the post office. (She said) thanks, Ron, we’ll be up there in no time. And so anyway, she rang back and said, we’ve nabbed him.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/podcasts/william-tyrrell-disappearance-ronald-chapman-waited-for-a-knock-on-the-door/news-story/8bb6b45198417f3d323f56e68efa772c
William Tyrrell disappearance: Ronald Chapman waited for a knock on the door
Quite the hero isnt he?

The latest edition of The Australian newspaper’s Nowhere Child podcast has just dropped:

This is Not the End

‘The truth about William Tyrrell will be revealed, and we will find out what happened to him. The truth will not be forever concealed.’
Well, that episode was a bit of a tearjerker toward the end.

Yes, so the red fluff was found ... then detectives also found the strand of hair nearby. When they were called over to view the red fluff? I think it could have been anyone who found the red fluff.

And I would love to know if it was someone who perhaps tried to insert themselves into the investigation - and found it important to stay home on 12th September when he had committed to his brother to care for him because there was no-one else to do so.

Just want to look at this completely - because Jubes recorded him for a reason, and all those inquest questions were asked for a reason.
Are you thinking along the lines of:

-someone specifically seeking out red fluff (actually linked to William) as they knew where to look?

Or

- someone planting red fluff as a "red herring" ?

In both scenarios the motivation for the finder is being seen as a being helpful/heroic to deflect attention away from any other lines of enquiry?

The police weren't aware of what he saw till 3/15, CCTV would have been long gone by than.

In response to Karinna and dr, I believe there's a strong possibility LE have corroborated the 2 speeding vehicles on the tennis club's CCTV, which I believe is situated at the T intersection at the end of Laurel St (the cars were approaching that end). On Google maps you can see a CCTV camera facing Laurel St at the club. I believe LE got the tennis club CCTV footage quickly from memory. Also, add the police profiler Beaumont's comment about Chapman being a trustworthy witness in her eyes, and I come to this conclusion. That comment makes more sense to me if they have CCTV to corroborate the sighting (of the cars). Why else would she be asked to comment or would she share that opinion of him?

More interesting is the question: if they have the CCTV footage, why not say so? My heart sank when I heard of FA but I still think there's a chance Chapman saw something relevant.

“Anyway, they were looking for a person, and I knew the person that they were looking for,” Mr Chapman said.

“I used to work on the counter in the post office at Wollongong, and I saw this codger walk past so I just got on the phone and rang the police station, and I just said, is Ruth Styles on duty?

“(They said) yes, I’ll put her on. So anyway. I said, Ruth, that fella you’re looking for has just walked down going east past the post office. (She said) thanks, Ron, we’ll be up there in no time. And so anyway, she rang back and said, we’ve nabbed him.

SO WHY DIDN'T HE DO THE SAME WITH WILLIAM'S CASE?

The latest edition of The Australian newspaper’s Nowhere Child podcast has just dropped:

This is Not the End

‘The truth about William Tyrrell will be revealed, and we will find out what happened to him. The truth will not be forever concealed.’

Yeah, a bit like the ending of Exposed about Kelli Lane :rolleyes:

I actually thought Mr Chapman was credible until this. Is he a glory hunter that likes to 'be in' with Police? I don't know what to think now.

Because he didn't realize anyone was missing. Which they weren't at that stage,William was only gone approx 30 mins,FFC had not yet phoned police.

During the almost four-hour interview, Mr Chapman said he didn't take greater note of the cars because: "I sort of didn't realise that, um, that anyone was missing, or taken, or whatever.
"Otherwise I might have taken a bit more notice. It's a shame I didn't," he said.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...he-went-missing-released-20190912-p52qth.html

Because he didn't realize anyone was missing. Which they weren't at that stage,William was only gone approx 30 mins,FFC had not yet phoned police.

During the almost four-hour interview, Mr Chapman said he didn't take greater note of the cars because: "I sort of didn't realise that, um, that anyone was missing, or taken, or whatever.
"Otherwise I might have taken a bit more notice. It's a shame I didn't," he said.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...he-went-missing-released-20190912-p52qth.html
That may have been true, initially, but he knew William was missing as early as that night (according to the following article in the Sydney Morning Herald) but still did not get ‘on the phone and call police’.

‘Mr Chapman said he realised the significance of what he had seen when he saw a news story about William's disappearance that evening.

"I recognised the boy's face and features," he said.’

https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-recognised-the-boy-neighbour-saw-william-being-driven-away-inquest-told-20190828-p52lj5.html
‘I recognised the boy': neighbour saw William being driven away, inquest told
August 28, 2019

Last edited:
That may have been true, initially, but he knew William was missing as early as that night (according to the following article in the Sydney Morning Herald) but still did not get ‘on the phone and call police’.

‘Mr Chapman said he realised the significance of what he had seen when he saw a news story about William's disappearance that evening.

"I recognised the boy's face and features," he said.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-recognised-the-boy-neighbour-saw-william-being-driven-away-inquest-told-20190828-p52lj5.html
I recognised the boy': neighbour saw William being driven away, inquest told
August 28, 2019
There is also a chance that RC fits the classification of a "super recogniser". The type of person who literally doesn't forget a face. This might be the reason he can remember so many details from a fleeting glance and why he recognised the "old codger" from the other crime he reportedly help solve.

There is also a chance that RC fits the classification of a "super recogniser". The type of person who literally doesn't forget a face. This might be the reason he can remember so many details from a fleeting glance and why he recognised the "old codger" from the other crime he reportedly help solve.
I agree; especially given that he was a flower judge. What I find puzzling is that he did not call the police as soon as he realised the little boy in the car — William — was missing, as he had done with the wanted codger he saw walking east past his Wollongong Post Office all of those years ago.

Last edited:
In response to Karinna and dr, I believe there's a strong possibility LE have corroborated the 2 speeding vehicles on the tennis club's CCTV, which I believe is situated at the T intersection at the end of Laurel St (the cars were approaching that end). On Google maps you can see a CCTV camera facing Laurel St at the club. I believe LE got the tennis club CCTV footage quickly from memory. Also, add the police profiler Beaumont's comment about Chapman being a trustworthy witness in her eyes, and I come to this conclusion. That comment makes more sense to me if they have CCTV to corroborate the sighting (of the cars). Why else would she be asked to comment or would she share that opinion of him?

More interesting is the question: if they have the CCTV footage, why not say so? My heart sank when I heard of FA but I still think there's a chance Chapman saw something relevant.
From memory there was nothing of any significance found on the CCTV at the tennis club ( from my memory of the 1st tranche of the inquest) & the view of the road was very limited. I'm not able to check my notes atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice