Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he didn't realize anyone was missing. Which they weren't at that stage,William was only gone approx 30 mins,FFC had not yet phoned police.

During the almost four-hour interview, Mr Chapman said he didn't take greater note of the cars because: "I sort of didn't realise that, um, that anyone was missing, or taken, or whatever.
"Otherwise I might have taken a bit more notice. It's a shame I didn't," he said.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...he-went-missing-released-20190912-p52qth.html
But he did realise very soon afterwards, that William was missing. He said he saw it in the news, I think that very evening. So once he realised that he had seen the child being kidnapped, and he knew what kind of car, and he saw the driver, and what street they were driving away on, why not call police then?

There is also a chance that RC fits the classification of a "super recogniser". The type of person who literally doesn't forget a face. This might be the reason he can remember so many details from a fleeting glance and why he recognised the "old codger" from the other crime he reportedly help solve.
If he was, then why not report seeing the child as soon as possible?

I actually thought Mr Chapman was credible until this. Is he a glory hunter that likes to 'be in' with Police? I don't know what to think now.
I still think he is credible.

I am sure he beats himself up about not calling the police, but in his mind he thought he had passed the message on & it had gotten to police IMO

From memory there was nothing of any significance found on the CCTV at the tennis club ( from my memory of the 1st tranche of the inquest) & the view of the road was very limited. I'm not able to check my notes atm.

From memory only... the Police did ask locals to bring their cars down to the Tennis Club as a process of elimination.... but they haven’t released any images of cars that they couldn’t identify AFAIK ....
Definitely would love to hear Doc if you have any more info when you are able to check your notes...

From the previous thread:
@Blues Clues
(thread #46, post #1244)
"If we were to overlay a map of the June 2018 search area and the area encompassed by PS's walk on the morning of Sept 12th 2014, might they line up reasonably closely?"
My reply:
I had a go at doing a map, but it's ended up being three images and a big mess, and I can't manage to explain in words either: each map relates to the others and there are lines everywhere.

To me, IMO, it looks like the 2018 forensic search might have covered the areas where PS walked when first setting off (regardless of whether he took the CuriousCritter-suggested route or the drsleuth-suggested route) but it didn't cover his trip through Kendall State Forest (if he did go that way), or home along Batar Creek Road and Benaroon Drive. I think it's possible the walking routes we've been shown are for his regular morning walk, though, not the route when he was out searching.

Map links, with thanks:
- 2018 forensic search: sleepinoz (thread #43, post #1096)
"Nowhere Child: New documents released at inquest into William Tyrrell's disappearance", The Australian, 16 August 2019
- the short PS walk: drsleuth (thread #46, post #960)
- the long PS walk: CuriousCritter (thread #46, post #1016)
As someone, who unfortunately can't follow the great maps, done by intelligent members here, I only would think like a silly thing: Where exactly was PS during the 2 hours, he allegedly got lost?

I was just taking a google walk around Benaroon Drive (for the millionth time) and I noticed the clear view to FGM's patio from the road on the hill just up from her house and Savage's house. Was actually looking for the house that the police were raking next to in the footage on the previous page.

Much of the back garden where the children were playing can be seen clearly also.

Just going to put that view here, in case we want to look at it further at some point.

View attachment 203903 View attachment 203904

Great vantage point. Thanks SA.
Do we know what houses were in that position ?
Cars parked ?

The latest edition of The Australian newspaper’s Nowhere Child podcast has just dropped:

This is Not the End

‘The truth about William Tyrrell will be revealed, and we will find out what happened to him. The truth will not be forever concealed.’

Well, that was a decent listen. I am happy that they have revealed what the life of a typical foster child and typical foster parents is like, straight from the mouths of current examples. The good that it does for an otherwise little-supported child. That revelation in this case has been long overdue.

“The police were excellent in everything they did and they kept it up and kept popping back.”

“(But) somebody somehow managed to get him and disappeared down the road.”

“I don’t know how it happened of course. He’s been taken to a place unknown.”

Interesting comments from PS.. “disappeared down the road” hmmmmmm IMO

What happened on the day William Tyrrell vanished?

Last edited:
From memory there was nothing of any significance found on the CCTV at the tennis club ( from my memory of the 1st tranche of the inquest) & the view of the road was very limited. I'm not able to check my notes atm.

Craddock said in his opening address ..............................
The forensic search did not turn up any clues.
Neither did the "hundreds" of alleged sightings called into Strike Force Rosann investigators, the $1 million reward proffered by then-premier Mike Baird, the canvas and "recanvas" of Kendall's residents, the checking of CCTV and the investigation of up to 600 persons of interest.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...lve-tyrrell-inquest-told-20190807-p52enc.html
August 7, 2019

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 40s41 seconds ago
The Kendall Tennis Club CCTV camera “turned out to be the only CCTV camera which captured traffic... that could have accessed Benaroon Drive” and only showed “a small segment of the road”, the court heard. That vision was obtained by police. @10Daily @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 37s38 seconds ago
Police then had to try to identify the cars that drove past that day without number plates, as the plates were not visible in the vision, the court heard. @10Daily @10NewsFirst

Is it any indication of the Coroner's office to give a phone number directly from them to the public to call in any further information anyone could further reveal about this case that they are still looking to the public for help to get this case solved? It certainly seems that way to me regardless of what LE have come up with in their investigations to date.

Great vantage point. Thanks SA.
Do we know what houses were in that position ?
Cars parked ?

Just two houses up there at the time. One empty (next door to FGM), and one across the road and up a bit - perhaps with not the same view. Lots of tall trees around it. No cars reported there either.
I was just wondering if Savage walked up there as he set out on his morning walk and saw the family all out there on the patio. Maybe they saw him, too.

Last edited:
“The police were excellent in everything they did and they kept it up and kept popping back.”

“(But) somebody somehow managed to get him and disappeared down the road.”

“I don’t know how it happened of course. He’s been taken to a place unknown.”

Interesting comments from PS.. “disappeared down the road” hmmmmmm IMO

What happened on the day William Tyrrell vanished?

However the same article also says ...

At 9.45am, William’s foster mother took three photographs of the boy.“.

Which we now know isn’t actually true... there were at least 5 photos and they weren’t taken at 9.45 am

Just making the point that not all you read in the media is the truth ...

So where does this all fit in with the encounter FFC had with the man in the car with a thick neck, big gut & sandy color hair who stared at her and she stared back at him? What type car was he driving?

Good question Katinna. IMO if only we could answer some of these type of questions ! Plug the Gaps & the answer is there

I've had 3 attempts at a timeline ( as per my thoughts) with a few considerations, but my iPad collapsed as it so often does - possibly in consideration of sparing you my ramblings !

Power to the Cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member