Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking generally - there seemed to be some elements in this case that have been incorrectly reported (I thought). There seemed to be a few instances of conflicting reports in the media - that's all. I'm not suggesting anything to do with reporting the search on Spedding's property.

Fair enough. But I will still have to say that I don't agree with that perception. I think the media have covered this story very well, considering the constraints they have on them and the relatively small amounts of info that they have had to rely on. Any conflicting info that I have seen reported is info that has been supplied by a 3rd party (such as Spedding's friend Colin), and I can't blame the media for that.

I think MSM is truly aware that this is a small 3 year old boy that is missing, and they are not out for sensationalism and hype in this instance. They simply report every single thing that they are allowed to report, and have been quite good at keeping William on their pages whenever they can.

A strikeforce including sex crimes investigators has been established following William Tyrrel's disappearance, 5 days ago after the 3yrr old went missing near Kendall...........

It also includes officers from the State Crime Command and Forensic Services Group. .... in the strongest sign police are now focusing more on HOW and WHY.
The State Crime Command under its Serious Crimes Directorate investigates sex crimes as well as disappearance cases.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2563297/strike-force-established-in-search-for-william-tyrell/

Serious Crimes Directorate.
http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/about_us/structure/operations_command/state_crime_command

this article was first published Sept. 17, 2014, so its interesting port news published it again today feb 12? wonder why?
http://www.portnews.com.au/story/256...illiam-tyrell/

Maybe they are going to post an update? :thinking:
Wishful thinking...

this article was first published Sept. 17, 2014, so its interesting port news published it again today feb 12? wonder why?

Sometimes when I look at old articles, they look exactly like that. The article date on the article, and today's date at the top of the page in the banner. I don't think it means anything. It is just the way that some websites present old articles ... under today's banner. The banner stays static as today's banner, no matter what news you look at.

I think it is just the way the website is constructed. :dunno:

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2563297/strike-force-established-in-search-for-william-tyrell/

Wasn't republished today....today's date is just part of their header

268dc38a3bc52d7485ebfd20a2338654.jpg

Did the Speddings get their vehicles and computers back? Or are they still being tested?

MSM reported that 2 cars were returned but didn't mention the computer. This was a while ago but as has been the case in this MSM report very little most of the time.

wonder if any body else questioned filled out a 10 page recorded interview?

Mr Spedding took part in a 10-page recorded interview with detectives soon after little William went missing on the day the tradesman was due to fix the toddler’s grandmother’s washing machine.

As the search for the three-year-old ramped up, Mr Spedding returned to the grandmother’s house a few days later to complete the repair, which had required a spare part, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

Mr Spedding, 63, was one of hundreds of locals questioned by officers, coming to their attention only because of his contact with the family over the repair.

As they checked out everyone’s statements about where they were on that Friday, detectives allegedly found some inconsistencies in what Mr Spedding told them which led them to raid his former pawnbroking office in Laurieton and his home at Bonny Hills this week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...aring-family-man/story-fnpn118l-1227193777963

wonder if any body else questioned filled out a 10 page recorded interview?

This is another thing that bugs me about the reporting.

Some say it was a 10-page statement given to the police. Others say a 10-page interview.

There's a difference between 10 pages of statement and 10 pages of transcript.

A 10 page statement is quite a lot of information, I'd of thought? It implies there was a need to go in depth, or there were a lot of details to cover?

A 10 page interview transcript, not so much? It implies that the conversation with police wasn't especially long?

When my partner comes anywhere near me and my computer, I minimise the websleuths page (or the William fb pages), the man thinks I'm obsessed with this case :thinking: He'd probably be right. Although, I think I've run out of articles to read, fb pages, websleuths threads etc. I hope we do hear something about the forensic tests soon, not sure if the public will find out though.

Anyway, I wish I had something useful to add.

Folks WS doesn't allow discussions about psychics, tarot card readers etc.

IF something comes up in media or police reports about it then it's fine to discuss but until then it's not allowed.

When my partner comes anywhere near me and my computer, I minimise the websleuths page (or the William fb pages), the man thinks I'm obsessed with this case :thinking: He'd probably be right. Although, I think I've run out of articles to read, fb pages, websleuths threads etc. I hope we do hear something about the forensic tests soon, not sure if the public will find out though.

Anyway, I wish I had something useful to add.

My daughter's due date was WTs birth date. She came a few weeks early so they don't have same birth date but this case is doing my head in! I feel very close to it for probably no reason at all. My hubby is 'over' me discussing it. This case should have sooooo much more media coverage.

Police have described Mr Spedding as a person of interest who has been assisting them with inquiries.
Mr Spedding has acknowledged he is the focus of the police investigation and has sought advise from a lawyer.

I wonder is he POI because the police feel he has information that can move the investigation forward or maybe consolidate what they may already know.
Or is it thought he has direct involvement.
It is just so quiet.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-h...iam-tyrell-investigation-20150122-12v4n3.html

Somehow I think it will be quiet-ish till an arrest is made. Look at how quiet Daniel Morcombe’s case went, for 7 long years, before the arrest of slimy, murderous Brett Cowan.

The Morcombes busied themselves with programs to educate and keep children safer, to keep Daniel's memory alive, and to create a legacy in Daniel's name. But the case itself was not spoken of at all, after a relatively short period of time.

The police may need the silence to carry on their work. They may need to let the media die off to capture the perp … if there is, as it seems there may be, a perp. And it may take a long while.

An arrest was made in Daniels case due to the tireless efforts of the Morecombe family and they're insistence there be an inquest. Due to information that was revealed in the inquest police were able to focus on catching Cowen. Who's going to call for an inquest in Williams disappearance if police don't have much to go on, certainly not his family. As sad as it makes me I really am beginning to doubt they will ever find this little boy.

An arrest was made in Daniels case due to the tireless efforts of the Morecombe family and they're insistence there be an inquest. Due to information that was revealed in the inquest police were able to focus on catching Cowen. Who's going to call for an inquest in Williams disappearance if police don't have much to go on, certainly not his family. As sad as it makes me I really am beginning to doubt they will ever find this little boy.

Why do you think that William’s family/guardians cannot insistently request an inquest, Kyja?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24