Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
However indigenous tracker and bush survival expert Jake Cassar, who has joined the search, said it was "absolutely possible" William might be alive.

"I've known young people to go up to a week without water before the body breaks down," he said. "The weather here has been quite temperate but the issues will be the asthma and that he wouldn't have a great deal of energy."

He was concerned by footprints he detected on Tuesday from an "enormous" wild dog in the thick bushland nearby.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/survival-...-kendall-boy-say-experts-20140917-10ibop.html

Volunteers have either been searching bushland or refuelling volunteers and emergency service crews with warm cups of tea and sandwiches.
Among the volunteers is tracker Jake Casser who has come up from the Central Coast with his friend Charlie, the self proclaimed 'bushie'.
Jake has been working as tracker for the past six years and has given up work this week to look for William.

"The fact that he's got asthma is really concerning, so when the weather turned last night we formed a little posse with some of the local teenagers and we searched till midnight," Jake said.
"We got deep into a rainforest and we found a campsite out there where someone has been camping and leaving some supplies.
"So we're going to go and suss around that area and see who's doing that," he said.
Jake is on the lookout for a foot print or any sign of the bush being disturbed.
"I've sharpened my big knife so we're going to go to crawl around in some lantana and cut my way through to some areas which I believe haven't been penetrated yet," he said.
"Often people get to the lantana and think that's too thick, but in the mind of a three-year-old they just crawl underneath and through.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/09/16/4088629.htm

However indigenous tracker and bush survival expert Jake Cassar, who has joined the search, said it was "absolutely possible" William might be alive.

"I've known young people to go up to a week without water before the body breaks down," he said. "The weather here has been quite temperate but the issues will be the asthma and that he wouldn't have a great deal of energy."

He was concerned by footprints he detected on Tuesday from an "enormous" wild dog in the thick bushland nearby.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/survival-...-kendall-boy-say-experts-20140917-10ibop.html

Thanks heaps for putting that link in, lack of time is making it very difficult to trawl through all the info from the various threads.

So the footprints were from an enormous wild dog! Holy moly, that would explain why nothing further has been mentioned regarding "footprints"! Could also explain the animal blood I guess.

Is he actually a tracker or is that what the media have said?

I recall reading the media got it wrong calling him an indigenous tracker.

His FB I think.

I was once driving by a forest near Bonny Hills at night time, and an "enormous wild dog" jumped in front of my car. My car was dented and I tried to find the dog, but it had disappeared. I was told the council has put baits in the forest because the wild dogs and foxes are a problem.

the tracker was mistakenly called an aboriginal tracker by msm,
apart from tracking hes also an environmentalist, and after reading his public fb and his other social media sites,
he seems like a genuine caring person so it seems odd he would make up finding a knife sheath,
so maybe something was misheard or misinterpreted?
strange we never heard any more results of his searching.

I was once driving by a forest near Bonny Hills at night time, and an "enormous wild dog" jumped in front of my car. My car was dented and I tried to find the dog, but it had disappeared. I was told the council has put baits in the forest because the wild dogs and foxes are a problem.

thats sad, people must just dump their poor dogs in the forests

Bush trackers have found clues such as a knife sheath and a set of small footprints but police have investigated all tip-offs from bush searches and still don't have a solid lead.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-hope-finding-alive-fades.html#ixzz3RPSYmRee

But time went on with no new clues. "It's like this hour-glass and you see the grains just disappearing," said volunteer tracker Pete Moss. "There was a point where everyone just changed. It moved from rescue to recovery and now we're just staying until we find something, anything."

Tracker Pete Moss said he went missing from this area as a five-year-old in 1963 and managed to wander three kilometres until he was found five hours later. He joined the search a week ago and has noticed the mood sink further each day as crews return with nothing.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/tod...-where-is-william-tyrell-20141016-1171am.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-in-agony-over-mystery-of-a-little-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html

And feral pigs :(

I read that on one of the earlier threads and did some research on them. I'm going to have nightmares now after reading what I did. :gaah:

The animals that Jake had captured on his motion detectors he set at night was quite interesting.

thats sad, people must just dump their poor dogs in the forests

They aren't wild dogs as in old pets....or were you joking? Google "dingo" if you weren't joking....I can never tell on here especially as not everyone is Australia based

The homicide squad took over the investigation into the disappearance of WT shortly after he went missing, but are not convinced he is dead

Mr Spedding said;
They are following up each and every lead they have and it was our turn to be that lead to be investigated.

Kylie Handsaker (niece) said;
"I really believe no one in our family has any involvement in this.

WS was interviewed soon after WT disappeared.

His office was search and items seized.
His home was search items seized - septic's drain, area's excavated, cars, phones seized and dna taken.

That's a lot of attention.
Wonder if anyone else has/will received such attention during the investigation?

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2850333/top-investigator-appointed-in-search-for-william-tyrrell/
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...195778466?nk=5dc524d431a937b164c6036e40f898c9
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...aring-family-man/story-fnpn118l-1227193777963

They aren't wild dogs as in old pets....or were you joking? Google "dingo" if you weren't joking....I can never tell on here especially as not everyone is Australia based

Early in the first threads, I raised the question whether or not dingoes could have dragged WT away.
I was stunned recently to read that there is even evidence of large cats such as pumas in Australia as well.
Do locals think that a large predatory animal (four legged) is even a possibility??

that's a serious question on my part.....

Early in the first threads, I raised the question whether or not dingoes could have dragged WT away.
I was stunned recently to read that there is even evidence of large cats such as pumas in Australia as well.
Do locals think that a large predatory animal (four legged) is even a possibility??

My personal opinion is no but it's purely an opinion. I would think that wild animals are very unlikely and even more so with a toddler rather than a baby. however that's not to say it didn't happen

Extremely doubtful in my opinion, but as Sheepman said, that's not to say it didn't happen - just very unlikely.

haha! no not joking, i was thinking sad dumped pet dogs!
was having a blonde moment and didnt even think about dingos!

Can we just make it clear that the tracker that made something up about finding the knife sheath, was not Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179