Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the situation was that ws called the house on the morning of the disappearance and the mother said not to come as not a good time (understandably)

Doesn't sound to me that Spedding's whole call history was deleted. Just the supposed incoming missed call from the grandma, and the outgoing one where he supposedly tried to call back but couldn't get through.

In my experience, tradies don't delete their call logs. They generally have too many numbers in there from recent and potential clients that they need, but don't want to save to their contact list. And you can't delete individual calls/attempted calls/missed calls. You either delete the whole call log ... or you don't delete it. (EDIT: apparently on the iPhone you can now, if he has an iPhone.)

And why would they be asking him why those calls were missing anyway? Because grandma said she didn't call him, and the family said their phone did not ring that morning? Because his phone had pinged in that area, and he had to think of a reason to be there?

Sounds to me that they have checked his reason, and it doesn't hold up.

Police seized his telephone records and those of William’s grandmother as they have checked his statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195546202

Just to verify you can delete individual call logs instead of all the logs on all the common smart phones. There may be some phones not for sale in Australia where you can't but certainly all the smart phones sold here allow this.

Also from further up the thread I can confirm if the call wasn't answered by a house phone (grandma) and the actual phone doesn't have a call log history function then the phone provider can't see a record of the call.

I don't believe the phone calls or lack of were instrumental in the focus on WS. I think it's more likely his van was seen on CCTV somewhere that he told them he wasn't. And I believe he wasn't driving the van when it was seen

Just to verify you can delete individual call logs instead of all the logs on all the common smart phones. There may be some phones not for sale in Australia where you can't but certainly all the smart phones sold here allow this.

Also from further up the thread I can confirm if the call wasn't answered by a house phone (grandma) and the actual phone doesn't have a call log history function then the phone provider can't see a record of the call.

I don't believe the phone calls or lack of were instrumental in the focus on WS. I think it's more likely his van was seen on CCTV somewhere that he told them he wasn't. And I believe he wasn't driving the van when it was seen
You seem to be the phone expert, so was wondering.....

If say LE are working off a ping from BS's phone that registered from grandma's area and given the fact all the towns are so close together would there be only the one tower and all calls from within the area register to just that one tower?

A close friend said the tradesman had to source a spare part but never installed it after failing to get in contact with William’s grandmother on the morning of September 12.

In the afternoon he called again and spoke to William’s mother, during the early stages of a frantic search for her son.

“She said to Bill `I am afraid you won’t be able to come to do the job, we will call when we are able’,” his friend said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...er-tyrell-search/story-fncynjr2-1227194638001

Would be the last thing on my mind to ring and cancel if my son was missing....unless she rang to cancel prior to WT going missing.

Plus he had to order the part in. So when exactly did this part arrive??
Did it arrive on Thursday and BS rung grandma Thursday arvo to book it in the next morning, leaving it fresh in grandma's mind.

In all MSM it has stated what BS done that day, where he was and what jobs he had/was doing that day. But not once has it said that he was booked in to go to grandma's on the Friday. It's only mentioned that grandma rung him and he had tried ringing back.

Normally a business rings prior to book the job in. So why has it not been stated in MSM when exactly the job was rebooked to fit the part that had been ordered??

Colin said Mr Spedding had visited William's grandmother's house on Monday, September 8, but needed to order a part, which arrived on Thursday September 11.

Mr Spedding, a 63-year-old electrician, had been due at the house of William’s grandmother in Kendall, 350km north of Sydney, to repair a washing machine the day the boy went missing.

Mr Spedding had been due to fix the boy’s grandmother’s washing machine on the day the child went missing from her home, police sources have said

On the morning William disappeared, Mr Spedding was supposed to be at the house to carry out repairs, but he was unable to contact William’s grandmother by phone, Mr Youngberry says.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-for-missing-boy/story-fni0cx12-1227192659824

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...liam-disappeared/story-e6frg6nf-1227193861228

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195546202

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

also posted a few pages back in one of the links.

BBM - I disagree - calls are timed and registered from the time you dial the number - but as neither of us are Verified Experts on this subject, and cannot confirm anything, we will have to agree to disagree.

Thanks Amee, thought it was ws calling grandma and not the other way around, thanks for clarification��

You seem to be the phone expert, so was wondering.....

If say LE are working off a ping from BS's phone that registered from grandma's area and given the fact all the towns are so close together would there be only the one tower and all calls from within the area register to just that one tower?

If I was still at my previous job I could check the location and number of towers in the area. I think there might be a public website that lists them so I'll see if I can find it.

BBM - I disagree - calls are timed and registered from the time you dial the number - but as neither of us are Verified Experts on this subject, and cannot confirm anything, we will have to agree to disagree.

What's a verified expert? I would think managing the systems that log calls for the biggest telecom provider in Australia (in my previous role) would make me at least "informed" on the matter

What's a verified expert? I would think managing the systems that log calls for the biggest telecom provider in Australia (in my previous role) would make me at least "informed" on the matter

That experience does give you credibility. But at this forum, the WS mods ask that anyone that offers 'expert' advice on a subject, be 'verified' as such. The reason being, anyone can say anything, if not. For example I can say I am a brain surgeon, and offer up my 'expert opinion' as such. If I do so, the mods would ask me to tell them privately where I practice etc.

No big deal.

It's been reported that the grandmother phoned BS the morning William disappeared. It's also been reported that the grandmother had phoned BS to cancel that morning's appointment. Other reports state that the grandmother's call was missed by BS. Did the grandmother leave a voice message on BS's phone? What made her decide to cancel the appointment to repair the washing machine? Because William had just disappeared? I really don't think so! Imagine if your grandchild had disappeared from your backyard. Would you be thinking "Oh I have to cancel the washing machine repairman." I don't know about anyone else but that would be the last thing on my mind. It would be interesting to know what time the grandmother supposedly phoned BS.

I know, there are so many versions of this story.

From what I understand (this is just my interpretation), Grandma called WS on Friday morning to check if he was coming around to fix the machine that day. She didn't get through to WS so he tried calling her back, but he couldn't get through to her. He then tried again and the mother answered and told him not to come around (I assume this must have been the house phone if the mother answered) - at this point WT was missing.

Yes, I wonder if Grandma left a message and what it said?

IF WS is implicated in some way, he could have called when he knew everyone was out searching - to look innocent.

When I was going back through some of the previous threads, there was mention of finding blood, which was tested and found to be animal blood. I also noted a tracker found a knife sheath and a set of small footprints, although I don't know the specific location.

Given that hunting is not permitted in that forest, why would there be blood found? Would it have been a sufficient amount to physically see, or do you think the sniffer dogs lead them to it? How else would animal blood be found in a forest, if not from hunting? I would imagine if a dog killed a native animal for example, there would be more evidence than just blood.

I really don't know where I'm going with this ... I supposed what I'm thinking is if the blood was there from human intervention, it means there is illegal hunting going on in the forest. Is there any relevance to William? I have no idea, just thinking out loud I guess. Thoughts?

I suspect many peoples phones pings have or could be looked at.
WS, MS, dad??

When I was going back through some of the previous threads, there was mention of finding blood, which was tested and found to be animal blood. I also noted a tracker found a knife sheath and a set of small footprints, although I don't know the specific location.

Given that hunting is not permitted in that forest, why would there be blood found? Would it have been a sufficient amount to physically see, or do you think the sniffer dogs lead them to it? How else would animal blood be found in a forest, if not from hunting? I would imagine if a dog killed a native animal for example, there would be more evidence than just blood.

I really don't know where I'm going with this ... I supposed what I'm thinking is if the blood was there from human intervention, it means there is illegal hunting going on in the forest. Is there any relevance to William? I have no idea, just thinking out loud I guess. Thoughts?

i think the tracker asked for a photo of williams shoes to assist in identifying the small footprints found, but there was some delay or maybe no response from family? and depending on the amount of blood, it could be illegal hunting or just an animal killing its prey and dragging the body off to eat elsewhere?
the tracker said he was going to further investigate the small camp he found but we didnt hear any more about it.
lots of interesting people in this case who msm could interview but nothing, unless its not interesting enough or everyone involved in any way has been forbidden to talk!

A cow, in state forest? That sounds odd. You don't normally come across cows, sheep, etc in State Forests, unless they've got bad fencing. State forests are usually pretty well maintained - well, in the areas I've been in, anyway.

Or BS could of replaced/ exchanged his sim card in the phone. I know from experience when changing sim cards it deletes my call history.
Its an important point I did not see before, well spotted!

I guess BS could have changed his sim card.
Just seems unlikely a businessman would do that though, wouldn't he want his number known so as the work kept coming.
imo

I guess BS could have changed his sim card.
Just seems unlikely a businessman would do that though, wouldn't he want his number known so as the work kept coming.
imo

Maybe not changed. But taken it out and put it back in. I know if I've had to put my sim in another phone the call data was deleted. More likely however he deleted it himself though, and that's seedy to me I've never done that or heard of anyone doing it unless they wanted to hide something.

Can look up Telstra towers in the area at this site.
Postcode 2439
Brings up towers at:
Kew
Kendall
Bobs creek
Batar Creek
Black Creek
Rossglen
Swan Crossing
Logan Crossing
Kerewong
Lorne

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/coverage-networks/our-coverage/

Maybe someone (SA, Makara) could place some pins on a map ... please.
I have no idea how to do that.

Telstra-Towers-Kendall-NSW_zps7xbbxrlj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members