Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done for picking up on that!

IF the media has reported things correctly, that's an inconsistency in his story. From what I remember, the cafe manager didn't recall seeing him on that day, but I wonder how late into the investigation they questioned the cafe? I'm assuming it would have been around the time they questioned locals in Dunbogan? Judging by the date on that article the detectives went to Dunbogan on Wednesday 14 January. So long after William disappeared :(

Also from that article (this is very interesting - I'm sure I've read the article but due to the information overload at the time a few facts passed me by!)

"Police seized his telephone records and those of William’s grandmother as they have checked his statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

So does that mean that the calls showed up on the telephone records, but WS had deleted the calls from his call log? A strange thing to do if he was trying to cover his tracks. Surely he would know that the police have other means to check things? Maybe he had planned to give police a different story and deleted the calls from his log (or perhaps he DID give them a different story - e.g. that he never spoke to the family that day.) Maybe he thought that deleting the calls would be enough to avoid suspicion or further investigation.

"Mr Spedding has told police he then walked with his wife across the road to Laurieton Public School to attend a school assembly in which one of his grandchildren got an award.

It is understood Mr Spedding has asked a woman who was taking photographs at the assembly for a copy of the pictures."

I wonder what came of that?

I'd love to know what came of the photos from school too.

300ti8j.png

Green marker = Kendall
Red marker = Bonny Hills
Yellow marker = Laurieton
Yellow marker = Dunbogan
White lines through forests and labelled (drawn by me) = tracks (they are good size dirt roads and have names)

The only bridge to Dunbogan is near one of the tracks - the Laurieton Track, which changes name to Capt Cook Bicentenary Rd once it goes north from the summit. I would think that you can avoid the main part of Laurieton by taking these tracks.

The track up near Bonny Hills is called Wareloo Creek Rd. You can see various secondary roads/fire tracks/Forestry tracks quite clearly that go from Kendall to Wareloo Creek Rd.

I hope this makes sense.

Well done for picking up on that!

IF the media has reported things correctly, that's an inconsistency in his story. From what I remember, the cafe manager didn't recall seeing him on that day, but I wonder how late into the investigation they questioned the cafe? I'm assuming it would have been around the time they questioned locals in Dunbogan? Judging by the date on that article the detectives went to Dunbogan on Wednesday 14 January. So long after William disappeared :(

Also from that article (this is very interesting - I'm sure I've read the article but due to the information overload at the time a few facts passed me by!)

"Police seized his telephone records and those of William’s grandmother as they have checked his statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

So does that mean that the calls showed up on the telephone records, but WS had deleted the calls from his call log? A strange thing to do if he was trying to cover his tracks. Surely he would know that the police have other means to check things? Maybe he had planned to give police a different story and deleted the calls from his log (or perhaps he DID give them a different story - e.g. that he never spoke to the family that day.) Maybe he thought that deleting the calls would be enough to avoid suspicion or further investigation.

"Mr Spedding has told police he then walked with his wife across the road to Laurieton Public School to attend a school assembly in which one of his grandchildren got an award.

It is understood Mr Spedding has asked a woman who was taking photographs at the assembly for a copy of the pictures."

I wonder what came of that?
If WS has a smart phone then clearing the call log out regularly helps clear out the RAM out.

Myself and partner have a smart phone. I clear my log out maybe once a week, but my partner has established a pattern and he clears everything out before he goes to bed each night. It helps with performance and things running in the background for better battery usage.

So if he has a smartphone, I wouldn't think it to be suspicious that it had been cleared out however if the phone records didn't match up to what he said about ringing grandma then that's a different story

I wonder if police have had choppers go over those forests looking for evidence of anyone living off the grid. Honestly how could you keep a kid so well hidden? The person had to know the area well you would think.

If WS has a smart phone then clearing the call log out regularly helps clear out the RAM out.

Myself and partner have a smart phone. I clear my log out maybe once a week, but my partner has established a pattern and he clears everything out before he goes to bed each night. It helps with performance and things running in the background for better battery usage.

So if he has a smartphone, I wouldn't think it to be suspicious that it had been cleared out however if the phone records didn't match up to what he said about ringing grandma then that's a different story

That would make sense. I just wonder if he deleted those specific calls from that day, but not the all the calls from that day, to cause the police to become so interested. I can't help but think that when the case hit the news, I would feel funny about deleting calls from that day if I was him, just in case it would help somehow to keep them... but at that point everyone thought William was in the bush so maybe not.

So if he has a smartphone, I wouldn't think it to be suspicious that it had been cleared out

Until now I'd never heard of anyone doing this as a regular thing. I'd say its very uncommon, and it would make me suspicious.

I would say it's pretty unusual for people to clear call logs to save memory or improve smart phone performance from my previous job working for Telstra. Call logs are such a tiny percentage of storage and would not improve performance unless you were making 500 calls per day and storing logs for years on end, even then it wouldn't make much difference. It's more likely that the logs were set to only store the last 30 days or so and when police checked they had automatically been deleted.

Most people know phone records are easy to check so I doubt he would have lied about the calls. Saying that if he called but didn't get through (as in no answer at grandmas) then there would be no record of the call (except mobile phone logs which can be deleted). To log the call on the telecom providers end there needs to be a connection (person picks up or answer phone picks up).

300ti8j.png

Green marker = Kendall
Red marker = Bonny Hills
Yellow marker = Laurieton
Yellow marker = Dunbogan
White lines through forests and labelled (drawn by me) = tracks (they are good size dirt roads and have names)

The only bridge to Dunbogan is near one of the tracks - the Laurieton Track, which changes name to Capt Cook Bicentenary Rd once it goes north from the summit. I would think that you can avoid the main part of Laurieton by taking these tracks.

The track up near Bonny Hills is called Wareloo Creek Rd. You can see various secondary roads/fire tracks/Forestry tracks quite clearly that go from Kendall to Wareloo Creek Rd.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks excellent map SouthAussie , it is interesting that if you knew of the dirt tracks you could move around freely without going on the main roads i wonder if Bill was known to use the back roads normally.

Until now I'd never heard of anyone doing this as a regular thing. I'd say its very uncommon, and it would make me suspicious.

I would say it's pretty unusual for people to clear call logs to save memory or improve smart phone performance from my previous job working for Telstra. Call logs are such a tiny percentage of storage and would not improve performance unless you were making 500 calls per day and storing logs for years on end, even then it wouldn't make much difference. It's more likely that the logs were set to only store the last 30 days or so and when police checked they had automatically been deleted.

Most people know phone records are easy to check so I doubt he would have lied about the calls. Saying that if he called but didn't get through (as in no answer at grandmas) then there would be no record of the call (except mobile phone logs which can be deleted). To log the call on the telecom providers end there needs to be a connection (person picks up or answer phone picks up).

Never heard of anyone doing this...

Well I guess we are just unusual

Did Mum come back out onto the porch after making the coffee and notice William missing or did the sister enter the house and that is when she asked where is William?

My son and my daughter ,both, do that as a regular thing. And they laugh at me because I never clear my calls. They say it slows my phone down. But I never download nearly as much as they do. they have apps and games etc.

In regard to the call log on the actual phone itself, we do not know when it was exactly that LE examined BS's phone. I doubt if it was the same day of the disappearance, since reportedly, he was not there on Benadroon (sp?) that day. When did his intended presence come to LE's attention? And how did his intended presnce come to LE's attention? Was it after questioning Grandma regarding 'who have you spoken to lately', 'who has come to the house lately', 'did you know your family was coming for a visit', 'who else knew', 'who did you tell'.... etc etc etc. When LE would have question the family THAT day, I think it would have been easy enough for them to forget about him or others, in the panic of everything else going on. MOO.

Then.. a few days later apparently, BS returns to the residence to actually do the repair. It could have been *that* event, (while searching is still going on and LE is still present on the street), which enlightened LE and reminded Grandma that he was actually supposed to have visited on the day of the disappearance. Depending on how thoroughly they were at that time investigating every person, they could have looked through his phone then. Or not?

On the day OF the disappearance, BS may not have joined the 2 things together in his mind, that of the missing boy in the news, and his inability to reach Grandmother on the phone, and go there and repair her machine. It did not list her name in media, and I'm not sure whether it listed her actual address, but her address may not have been burned into his memory at that time, to link the 2 things.

No idea what type of phone BS has, but my 'smart' phone automatically deletes numbers from my call log, I'm not sure if it only holds a certain number of calls, or if it goes by date, but the calls start falling off, and it annoys me, because I find it very useful in some cases to have that information for longer. Also, depending on when exactly he deleted his calls, he may do this as a matter or organization.. get rid of the calls as he finalizes his schedule with each person.

Also, if there are discrepancies in his story, and he was questioned perhaps days later, I would think it might be easy for someone to forget what they actually did throughout any given day, in trying to remember back. Depending on how BS's memory is to begin with, on what his thoughts are on, on how busy he has been, etc., he may have forgotten that he went for coffee with his wife. The fact that the purchase shows up on his bank transactions is good for him, and also remembering about the grandson's event at school. It sounds like his friend was the one to discover the banking info, that in itself could have been what reminded BS of his activities that day. ie 'oh yes, I remember now, I couldn't get hold of grandmother, so wife and I went.. blah blah'..

And surely with alllllllllllllllllllllllllll of the discrepancies in MSM in regard to this case, to find one more (whether it was morning or afternoon when BS had this other appointment that day) is not surprising, at all.

All MOO.

Or BS could of replaced/ exchanged his sim card in the phone. I know from experience when changing sim cards it deletes my call history.
Its an important point I did not see before, well spotted!

Someone up above mentioned the weirdness of BS's family member's statement, that she believes that no one in her family is responsible. I found that to be an awkward statement as well, because.. why mention the rest of the family, unless there was a reason, when it appears (at least to the public) that BS is the only one being questioned. It just kind of stuck out for me too.

Another thing that stuck out for me, and I hate to even mention this because personally, I feel horrible for Mr. S that he has been broadcast in the news this way, and I frankly can't see him being involved.... and of course, can we really rely, based on all of the other discrepancies from MSM in this case, on this being the actual quote.. but here it is (BBM):

“It has been very difficult,” he said. “We are co-operating with the police. If we stick together we will get through this.”

I thought that was a peculiar thing to say as well, because.. what do you *mean*, "IF" you stick together?.. why wouldn't you stick together?.. stick together about what exactly?? .. what's that about?? Unless of course, BS simply meant, 'as long as my wife doesn't leave me over these false allegations'.. but... there haven't BEEN any allegations.. it is merely an investigation. But it really stuck out for me also. So much can be read into that statement, rightly or wrongly.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/suspicion-torments-nsw-community-as-police-probe-toddlers-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

Yes, that is what LE could have meant and why that would be disturbing.. if he deleted the proof he had that he called.. however, that call should still be able to be verified from Grandma's telelphone records, that there was a call, even if unanswered? But until they got really thorough with that part of the investigation, that could have been an issue?

..... Saying that if he called but didn't get through (as in no answer at grandmas) then there would be no record of the call (except mobile phone logs which can be deleted). To log the call on the telecom providers end there needs to be a connection (person picks up or answer phone picks up).

It's been reported that the grandmother phoned BS the morning William disappeared. It's also been reported that the grandmother had phoned BS to cancel that morning's appointment. Other reports state that the grandmother's call was missed by BS. Did the grandmother leave a voice message on BS's phone? What made her decide to cancel the appointment to repair the washing machine? Because William had just disappeared? I really don't think so! Imagine if your grandchild had disappeared from your backyard. Would you be thinking "Oh I have to cancel the washing machine repairman." I don't know about anyone else but that would be the last thing on my mind. It would be interesting to know what time the grandmother supposedly phoned BS.

If true, the deleting of phone calls is very suspicious particularly if they were the only ones deleted. I also can't understand why he lied about his whereabouts ect. In my gut I feel an arrest is imminent, maybe for aiding and abetting a crime ..... 2 sons in and out of prison as well as an elder grandson all living in the vicinity too, all with fostered out children ???????

It's been reported that the grandmother phoned BS the morning William disappeared. It's also been reported that the grandmother had phoned BS to cancel that morning's appointment. Other reports state that the grandmother's call was missed by BS. Did the grandmother leave a voice message on BS's phone? What made her decide to cancel the appointment to repair the washing machine? Because William had just disappeared? I really don't think so! Imagine if your grandchild had disappeared from your backyard. Would you be thinking "Oh I have to cancel the washing machine repairman." I don't know about anyone else but that would be the last thing on my mind. It would be interesting to know what time the grandmother supposedly phoned BS.
Would be the last thing on my mind to ring and cancel if my son was missing....unless she rang to cancel prior to WT going missing.

Plus he had to order the part in. So when exactly did this part arrive??
Did it arrive on Thursday and BS rung grandma Thursday arvo to book it in the next morning, leaving it fresh in grandma's mind.

In all MSM it has stated what BS done that day, where he was and what jobs he had/was doing that day. But not once has it said that he was booked in to go to grandma's on the Friday. It's only mentioned that grandma rung him and he had tried ringing back.

Normally a business rings prior to book the job in. So why has it not been stated in MSM when exactly the job was rebooked to fit the part that had been ordered??

Doesn't sound to me that Spedding's whole call history was deleted. Just the supposed incoming missed call from the grandma, and the outgoing one where he supposedly tried to call back but couldn't get through.

In my experience, tradies don't delete their call logs. They generally have too many numbers in there from recent and potential clients that they need, but don't want to save to their contact list. And you can't delete individual calls/attempted calls/missed calls. You either delete the whole call log ... or you don't delete it.

And why would they be asking him why those calls were missing anyway? Because grandma said she didn't call him, and the family said their phone did not ring that morning? Because his phone had pinged in that area, and he had to think of a reason to be there? "Oh, she tried to call me so I presumed that she was ready for the repair and headed off that way to do it, tried to ring her back on the way, but I couldn't reach her. So I turned around and went back to my Laurieton office, and to meet my wife for a coffee. No, no, I did have a missed call from her, and tried to ring her back. I don't know why those calls aren't showing any more" ?

Sounds to me that they have checked his reason, and it doesn't hold up.

Police seized his telephone records and those of William’s grandmother as they have checked his statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195546202
On the new phone's individual calls can be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member