Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite true lol! Circulation 1.7m, population 60m.

I think the website is used more these days, as - despite its blatantly biased unreliable unconfirmed tabloidy sloppy reporting - it does have great photos and is often the first/bravest to publish stories.

In the scheme of things, it is a major player. In fact, if any papers in the UK are biased on unreliable unconfirmed tabloidy sloppy reporting any more so than the others, that would be The Sun and the Daily Mirror.

Uk Papers (population 64,100,000)
Monday - Friday Readership December 2014:
The Sun 1,802,945
Daily Mail 1,437,541
Daily Mirror 831,052
Daily Telegraph 439,098 and the rest of the papers go down from there.

Saturday the Daily Mail nets 2,246,196 readers compared with Saturday's The Sun 2,207,429 (i.e. higher than the Sun)

Australian papers (Population 23,490,000)
Monday - Friday December 2014:
The Australian 340,000
Daily Telegraph 638,000
Sydney Morning Herald 518,000, once again, the rest of the papers go down from there.

Saturday The Australian nets 663,000, Daily Telegraph 596,000.

Having lived in the UK I can assure you, it is a major player as far as newspapers go.

"Reputable" papers such as the Times and The Guardian figures respectively: 353,341 and 147,786, considerably lower than The Sun, Daily Mail, etc.

Although the figures may vary slightly depending on what resources you delve into, they pretty much tell the same story in comparison with competitor newspapers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_circulation

http://www.mailclassified.co.uk/advertising-tools/circulation-readership

http://www.roymorgan.com/industries/media/readership/newspaper-readership

Daily Mail is definitely tabloid and sensationalised.

Sure it may be relatively less dishonest than, say, Women's Weekly, but that doesn't mean I'll be looking to either of them for accurate data regarding Bec Cartwright's latest pregnancy.

Just because the tabloid style is popular doesn't make it good journalism.

All the tabloids should be taken with a pinch of salt in the UK. The times and independent would be the most reliable source. Reader figures as mentioned above don't mean good journalism, it just means more of the population are interested in sensationalism.

It is hard to believe 5 months have passed!! I look at my own children, and boy do they grow and change in 5 months - especially when they are still toddlers. Poor William, I hope and hope that he is safe, and with people who know and love him.

So.. they are now focusing on a 1km radius - But I note, that the centre of town is 1.5km. What is making them zone in on the 1km..

Anyone savvy enough to do a search on the 1km radius and let us know what is around? Shops, houses, parks, recreational centres etc... Once we have that info, it will probably shed a little bit of light, on just how much CCTV is around.

I have google earth, im just not sure how to mark out a radius with it ...

<modsnip>

BBM. I would love to help with this but I'm holidaying on the Sunshine Coast in our caravan right now. Not much of a holiday with tropical cyclone Marcia bearing down on us. Anyone else who is in the path of Marcia, please stay safe.

BBM. I would love to help with this but I'm holidaying on the Sunshine Coast in our caravan right now. Not much of a holiday with tropical cyclone Marcia bearing down on us. Anyone else who is in the path of Marcia, please stay safe.

Stay safe Makara!! I heard the cyclone hit the Sunshine coast this morning!

Sept 19
Supt Fehon said
"We need a new starting point we really do"

5 months later with one declared person of interest not a suspect, that may be able to help with the investigation - who's car, computer, and other things......... were seized during a raid of his home and office.

We are back at ground zero.
Is that because they have nothing or the investigation has lead them back?

The sex crime squad have been involved from early on. I would have thought that all known sex offenders known or unknown whereabouts would already have been investigated given it has been 5 months.

Tracking all human movement ... why was on computer mentioned? That seems like an intentional addition. imo
Child exploitation is a unit of the sexual crime squad.
Tracking - computer ?
Insp Jubelin said - If I was the person responsible I'd be feeling a little bit nervous.

At time I think they have someone on the radar and then I think maybe not.
imo

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/community_issues/children
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...yrrell-detective/story-e6frg6nf-1227224743038
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-st...yrell-3-turns-up-nothing-20140919-10j9tj.html

I have had a memory...
As a family we arrived at Newcastle, hired a car and drove to Port Macquarie on the same morning William disappeared.
I cant recall how far away we were maybe about 20 mins before the turn off to Port, there was a car accident heading south (we were traveling North ) on the Pacific highway.
It would have been around the 11am/12pm mark ? (my memory is a bit sketchy about times!) however there was traffic building up, and certainly moving slowly past the scene.
I think it was a single vehicle accident a white van that appeared to have roof damage.... it was upright by the time we went through though and police, ambo's were on the scene.

Maybe nothing? but it just came to me with all this talk of who was in the area at the time.

As for the man crossing his arms, it was a drizzly morning..... we were driving through some very rainy patches that day.
The ground was quite wet too, so more likely to leave tracks in that red clay soil that is everywhere up on the Mid North Coast.

Stay safe Makara!! I heard the cyclone hit the Sunshine coast this morning!

Thanks Blessed. No, it hasn't hit the Sunshine Coast yet. It's bearing down on Rockhampton further up the coast right now. Torrential rain, flooding and strong winds where I am.

Thanks Blessed. No, it hasn't hit the Sunshine Coast yet. It's bearing down on Rockhampton further up the coast right now. Torrential rain, flooding and strong winds where I am.

Oh there you go, I probably read it wrong! Still... Keep safe! Would be rather scary.

Daily Mail is definitely tabloid and sensationalised.

Sure it may be relatively less dishonest than, say, Women's Weekly, but that doesn't mean I'll be looking to either of them for accurate data regarding Bec Cartwright's latest pregnancy.

Just because the tabloid style is popular doesn't make it good journalism.

I'm not suggesting otherwise. It is however a highly read paper in the UK - like it or not.

All the tabloids should be taken with a pinch of salt in the UK. The times and independent would be the most reliable source. Reader figures as mentioned above don't mean good journalism, it just means more of the population are interested in sensationalism.

Totally agree. And therein you've hit the nail on the head - more of the population are interested in sensationalism.

To add to butterstick's post, and in your absence, Makara, I tried to do a kilometre path around grandma's house. Now, no laughing everybody. It is not so easy trying to draw a circle freehand on a laptop! And, no, my dog did not draw it. :floorlaugh:

But, you get the idea ..... I hope. The north, south, east, and west points are pretty accurate - but the wobbly line in between those points is obviously approximate. :)

qn0hdu.png

Wow SA! Thanks for the map. Not too many properties/people to focus on there. It really is quite spread out.

Wow SA! Thanks for the map. Not too many properties/people to focus on there. It really is quite spread out.

I hate to say this, but when you look at that (shaky) perimeter and what lies within it, it is almost as if they could have a focus on someone(s) already. And they are sending them that message. And by what they have said, about not covering up for anyone, that someone(s) could be living with another person/people.

I hate to say this, but when you look at that (shaky) perimeter and what lies within it, it is almost as if they could have a focus on someone(s) already. And they are sending them that message. And by what they have said, about not covering up for anyone, that someone(s) could be living with another person/people.
If it was an arranged abduction, could be possible the abductor was staying with someone in Albert St. Trekked threw the bush, staked it out for the opportunity to grab. Carried William back threw the bush to Albert St and then hightailed it out of Kendall by car

Thank you for posting the pic with pushpins.. now I think I'm more confused than ever. It looks like Benaroon Drive ends right at Grandma's house.. but I thought Grandma's house was on an angle on a corner lot, and it looks like there is no road for the neighbour that is away, to access his property. I have lost my bearings. Is there another map floating around that can show this neighbourhood a little more clearly? TY!

Yes, the people (next door, up the hill, before the forest trail) were just away, I believe. I don't think their house was for sale at the time.
The plot of vacant uncleared land across the road and down a little ways was for sale. We used to speculate that the mystery man asking for directions in town may have been going to look at the land that was for sale.

I think it goes like this.

2dm5p43.png

I'm not reading too much into the 1 km radius comment. I think it's just meant as a warning to people who were close by, not specific to that km. If someone of interest was nearby they would have been within 50 meters. Also possible the mobile pings trace to nearest km

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966