Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also clear-fell logging that happens in Kendall State Forest, that is a matter of some controversy. So, loggers evidently frequent the area at times.

"In the south David visited forests west of Kew including the Kendall State Forest. He was taken in to these forests by Frances Pike, a local activist devoted to protecting native forests in NSW.

There was clearly visible evidence of unsustainable harvesting in these forests. This included sections of large scale clear-felling, a harvest method that has a devastating effect on species who live in these environments such as the threatened Sooty Owl and the Stuttering Frog.

The Regional Forest Agreements that cover these forests allow loggers to extract timber far exceeding the wood volumes that can be sustainably provided by native forests."

David-with-Francis-Pike-21-300x223.jpg

http://davidshoebridge.org.au/2011/07/28/devastation-in-our-state-forests-mid-north-coast/

RSBM: I think the patio faces north, TGY. When I look at the house on Google Earth, it shows it facing north.

If you look at this pic, the north indicator is on the circle at the top right of the pic. As the patio is at the rear of the kitchen part of the house, it would be facing in the same direction as the north indicator is pointing.

With the sun rising in the east, it would be NE by 9:30ish, I think. And at that time of the year, the sun will be more northerly toward the equator than overhead as it is in summer.

2w7guo5.png

Spot on SA. Thank you.

The image below gives a better indication as to which way William ran when he was playing outside. It's been reported that he was in the front yard, the backyard, on the front porch, the back porch etc.

The-disappearance2_zpsc8ebgvgf.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

I've been looking again at some Google images and I really am still astounded that William could disappear into thin air within a period of five minutes or so.

Back-of-house-showing-sunroom-copy_zpsdz9plgca.jpg

The image above is basically just a 'real time' view of the diagram above.

Where-did-he-go_zps32un5yrg.jpg

The aerial view above shows just how close William would have been to the house when he disappeared. Even if he'd managed to get down to the bottom section of Benaroon Drive, he still would have been easily seen in his Spiderman suit IMO. Surely he would have heard his mother and others calling out to him. Why would he just take off and not come back? Did he think he was in trouble? If someone did in fact grab William, wouldn't he have screamed or called out for Mummy? If this was an abduction, it was done very, very quickly and the abductor was gone within minutes, on foot no less. What kind of person would lurk around for an hour or more just to grab a little boy who just happened to be playing in his grandmother's backyard on that particular morning? A little boy who only arrived at his grandmother's place the evening before? Sorry this scenario just doesn't work for me.

Did William hear a car pull up in the driveway, and thinking it was his father, ran around to meet him?

I keep looking at that aerial shot and it gives me chills. Something is very off here.

This is tragic that no-one has yet been able to find this little boy.

In my opinion, there are 2 scenarios - he's either been abducted (which in a way, would be the better one, as he may still be alive somewhere), or he's wandered off, hurt himself, and not been found yet. (By now I would say it's a safe bet he'd be deceased).

First scenario, I'm suspicious regarding the lack of information being released regarding his past family history. Without any facts, it's a bit difficult to comment. I would have thought a random abduction, given the location and circumstances, would be very rare.

The second scenario - never underestimate children. Even a 3 year old can go quite a distance. They become very easily distracted, lost in their game, and can move at lightning speed. So even if he was missing for a short period of time, given the nature of the game, even if he heard people looking for him, he may have incorporated that in the game and gone further into his "game" and moved further away. I don't know the nature of the terrain in that area, but if he wandered further than anticipated, had a misadventure, or hid in a very obscure place, you'd be surprised how difficult he could be to find.

http://www.katv.com/story/19525955/update-missing-3-year-old-found-alive

In the above article, a 3 year old boy went missing and was found playing in a creek some 3 miles from where he originally disappeared. The area had apparently already been searched 3 times, yet they missed him each time. The Belangalo murders comes to mind, where they searched the bush, yet failed to find all the bodies, despite the growing evidence of a serial killer scenario.

Chills, Exactly.
I always thought the Grandmothers house was right at the end of the street backing onto the forest from the way MSM worded it.
Looking at the above aerial view the abductor would have had to venture past the front of the house again to escape into the forest or possibly through the neighbours back yard if there were no fences.
All the same for everything to go an abductors way in a 5 minute time frame seems almost impossible.
I would agree the goings on from say 9:15 to 10:30 hold the clues to solving this case.
:moo:

Chills, Exactly.
I always thought the Grandmothers house was right at the end of the street backing onto the forest from the way MSM worded it.
Looking at the above aerial view the abductor would have had to venture past the front of the house again to escape into the forest or possibly through the neighbours back yard if there were no fences.
All the same for everything to go an abductors way in a 5 minute time frame seems almost impossible.
I would agree the goings on from say 9:15 to 10:30 hold the clues to solving this case
:moo:

:welcome:

bbm: time is critical .... as you point out and a perfect exit seems questionable too given that the adults started looking for him immediately.....

Hi All.

I have been following right from the start but have not posted.

Looking at the photographs of the house I see what appears to be a verandah or porch on the side of the house.Highset at the back and low at the front. Could they have been sitting out here, rather than the front? The area at the front just does not seem big enough to me, to be the place where that photograph of William was taken. His sister was sitting in the background, which would not be possible in the small area at the 'front' of the house.

i read somewhere a resident in kendall said police searched the properties so thoroughly that their dead buried dog was dug up twice!

I understand the need for this but oh how sad for the owners :(

Hi All.

I have been following right from the start but have not posted.

Looking at the photographs of the house I see what appears to be a verandah or porch on the side of the house.Highset at the back and low at the front. Could they have been sitting out here, rather than the front? The area at the front just does not seem big enough to me, to be the place where that photograph of William was taken. His sister was sitting in the background, which would not be possible in the small area at the 'front' of the house.

that pic of William with his sister in the background & his grandmothers slippers in view was definitely taken on the back porch just behind the carport.
you'll be able to see that in the photo of the house posted on pg 3 by Makara…

The image below gives a better indication as to which way William ran when he was playing outside. It's been reported that he was in the front yard, the backyard, on the front porch, the back porch etc.

The-disappearance2_zpsc8ebgvgf.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

I've been looking again at some Google images and I really am still astounded that William could disappear into thin air within a period of five minutes or so.

I've always thought that William was abducted from the moment I heard he was missing. When they released his grandmothers address, I googled it to see the surrounds & still believe someone was laying in wait for the right moment, possibly someone who followed the family up from Sydney. From my own experience of being a foster carer for a very long time, I know certain individuals would not only lurk around for an hour or more, to either see the child or to try to take them, they'd happily do it for days or even weeks. Certain parents of some of the children I've cared for have blatantly stated that if they can't have their children then one day they'd make sure that no one could...a very scary & chilling thought! Just to be clear though I'm not stating it was his family, I'm saying that just because we couldn't imagine someone doing a certain act, doesn't mean that they wouldn't...or didn't. But again, this is where my thoughts end, because clearly the police found no scent...so really I have no idea what happened to little William :(

It's definitely interesting that the empty house is on the side he disappeared from. If someone was lying in wait, that would be the obvious place.

womder if both neighbours at number 30 went out that morning?
also wondering how this ties in with spedding, his vehicle would surely have been seen or heard right there in the driveway?
unless he parked further along the road?

The aerial view above shows just how close William would have been to the house when he disappeared. Even if he'd managed to get down to the bottom section of Benaroon Drive, he still would have been easily seen in his Spiderman suit IMO. Surely he would have heard his mother and others calling out to him. Why would he just take off and not come back? Did he think he was in trouble? If someone did in fact grab William, wouldn't he have screamed or called out for Mummy? If this was an abduction, it was done very, very quickly and the abductor was gone within minutes, on foot no less. What kind of person would lurk around for an hour or more just to grab a little boy who just happened to be playing in his grandmother's backyard on that particular morning? A little boy who only arrived at his grandmother's place the evening before? Sorry this scenario just doesn't work for me.

Did William hear a car pull up in the driveway, and thinking it was his father, ran around to meet him?

I keep looking at that aerial shot and it gives me chills. Something is very off here.

RSBM: Just wondering, do we actually know which side of the house William ran to? I know that we all speak of it being the lower side of the house, but could he have run to the carport side of the house? Which would make it even easier to take him and slip onto the forest trails without being seen.

I just can't recall anything specifically saying it was the lower side of the house, just 'the side of the house'.
Though something somewhere may have indicated which side it was, and I just don't remember it now (because I think that I may have asked this question before way back in the threads, or at least wondered this, way back when). :waitasec:

RSBM: Just wondering, do we actually know which side of the house William ran to? I know that we have all speak of it being the lower side of the house, but could he have run to the carport side of the house? Which would make it even easier to take him and slip onto the forest trails without being seen.

I just can't recall anything specifically saying it was the lower side of the house, just 'the side of the house'.
Though something somewhere may have indicated which side it was, and I just don't remember it now (because I think that I may have asked this question before way back in the threads, or at least wondered this, way back when). :waitasec:

Here you go SA the diagram in this link that Makara posted

The timeline of William Tyrell’s disappearance.

William runs around to the back of the house underneath the balcony several times, hiding from his sister

When I see those aerial views, I can completely understand why no neighbours saw anything at all. I'm almost back at my original scenario, I believe William was missing for more than five minutes, what if it was really twenty minutes, and no searcher happened to go in the direction he went immediately, everything soon increases exponentially, the fact that the children
n were playing hide and seek also means he may have kept quiet, or wandered further. This and the fact that three year olds seem very attracted to water makes me think he has simply been missed.

I'm not putting much weight on the lack of scent the dogs found, the more you read about these dogs, the less an exact science it seems to be.

I cant see any way this was a planned abduction, the odds weren't great that William would ever be alone that weekend, if the current person of interest is cleared I'm back to misadventure.

When I see those aerial views, I can completely understand why no neighbours saw anything at all. I'm almost back at my original scenario, I believe William was missing for more than five minutes, what if it was really twenty minutes, and no searcher happened to go in the direction he went immediately, everything soon increases exponentially, the fact that the children
n were playing hide and seek also means he may have kept quiet, or wandered further. This and the fact that three year olds seem very attracted to water makes me think he has simply been missed.

I'm not putting much weight on the lack of scent the dogs found, the more you read about these dogs, the less an exact science it seems to be.

I cant see any way this was a planned abduction, the odds weren't great that William would ever be alone that weekend, if the current person of interest is cleared I'm back to misadventure.

bbm: I have often wondered if it could have been a hit & run ......MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members