Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only quoting , what was written in CO book!
Not insider information ??

I think you insinuating that you could contact CO, led members to believe that you knew her and could answer questions that some members have. Maybe just incorrectly saying what you know, think you know or whatever. I can understand people thinking that you have insider info. No sweat.

For example:

It w

It was cctv evidence. I can message Caroline and ask if her quote in the book, came from police statements?
I know police statements can be obtained under the freedom of information Act, for journalist's.

And to add, you don't have to be a jurno to access info released by the court.

I think you insinuating that you could contact CO, led members to believe that you knew her and could answer questions that some members have. Maybe just incorrectly saying what you know, think you know or whatever. I can understand people thinking that you have insider info. No sweat.

For example:

And to add, you don't have to be a jurno to access info released by the court.

Anyone from the public can message or email CO .

definitely no connections , just a message to clarify the cctv of FF at 8:40am, if it was from police statements etc..

definitely no connections , just a message to clarify the cctv of FF at 8:40am, if it was from police statements etc..

I think the problem here is that the police have already looked at all of this - fair make sure the time’s right but... seems all these comments just lead back to insinuations that the foster family have lied. Hopefully swift is also getting clarifications on some other more likely matters of interest as well.

edit to add: and I hope that the book isn’t making the same insinuations as well.

The only clarification you can get to show that was actually said in a Police statement is the actual Police Statement. CO's sayso doesn't really prove anything IMO.

I think the problem here is that the police have already looked at all of this - fair make sure the time’s right but... seems all these comments just lead back to insinuations that the foster family have lied. Hopefully swift is also getting clarifications on some other more likely matters of interest as well.

The Police have looked at this, several times.

These comments insinuating that the FF have lied are just Victim Blaming, which is against TOS and shouldn't be entertained at all.

I don't think Swift is doing a whole lot of clarification of anything, just appearing to do so. All IMO.

I’m sure the book doesn’t add anything new that’s not already out there given the inquest is still running? So much has already been suppressed?
Sorry to quote myself.

All for CO writing a book good on her -more attention to the case the better - but timing is odd, an inquest is in progress so it can’t really bring anything further at this point than the inquest would?

I think post inquest would have been a better time then sure - add what you think was missed etc? Just my opinions only.

edit to add: and I hope that the book isn’t making the same insinuations as well.
The book is unbiased, and why wouldn't it be?
It discusses , past and present poi.

Re MFC's departure time:

"William's foster dad packed up his laptop and his mobile. The evidence - CCTV on the road out of town - suggests that he left the house at around 8.40 a.m. William's foster nana was up by then, shuffling around in her slippers, and the children were having their breakfast."

- Caroline Overington, "Missing William Tyrrell," HarperCollinsPublishers, 2020, p.15.

This quote is from chapter 2, and there are a number of places where this chapter and a few others can be seen for free.

Re MFC's departure time:

"William's foster dad packed up his laptop and his mobile. The evidence - CCTV on the road out of town - suggests that he left the house at around 8.40 a.m. William's foster nana was up by then, shuffling around in her slippers, and the children were having their breakfast."

- Caroline Overington, "Missing William Tyrrell," HarperCollinsPublishers, 2020, p.15.

This quote is from chapter 2, and there are a number of places where this chapter and a few others can be seen for free.

BBM
When it's not written in factual terminolgy - it shouldn't be taken as factual imo.

There is no mention of what the evidence is ie the time shown on the CCTV or if it is the CCTV at the tennis club. Unless it is presented factually or in quote form from police or the coroners court it's just part of a story imo.

It w

It was cctv evidence. I can message Caroline and ask if her quote in the book, came from police statements?
I know police statements can be obtained under the freedom of information Act, for journalist's.
Get Smart,

It would be interesting to know where the information about the CCTV/8.40 am came from - it does seem to have appeared suddenly without being aired in the podcast beforehand (as far as I noticed). But just in general about other information: "[FFC's] remarks, as with others in this book, come from statements given to police, testimony given to the Coronial Inquiry into William's disappearance and personal interviews".
- CO, Missing William Tyrrell, 2020, p.7.

BBM
When it's not written in factual terminolgy - it shouldn't be taken as factual imo.

There is no mention of what the evidence is ie the time shown on the CCTV or if it is the CCTV at the tennis club. Unless it is presented factually or in quote form from police or the coroners court it's just part of a story imo.
Blues Clues,

I thought it was interesting that CO didn't specify where the CCTV camera was. If it was at Kew, say, it might be more difficult to estimate a time of departure from FGM's (just because the trip as far as Kew would be longer than the trip as far as the Kendall tennis club, leaving more room for variation in speed).

I agree we can't take information as fact without knowing the source. I wish there were footnotes. And an index.

Blues Clues,

I thought it was interesting that CO didn't specify where the CCTV camera was. If it was at Kew, say, it might be more difficult to estimate a time of departure from FGM's (just because the trip as far as Kew would be longer than the trip as far as the Kendall tennis club, leaving more room for variation in speed).

I agree we can't take information as fact without knowing the source. I wish there were footnotes. And an index.
Perhaps we could ask the people here who attended the inquest if FF's purported 8:40am departure was spoken of/testified to/evidenced at the inquest? I believe there are a few here who attended.

Perhaps we could ask the people here who attended the inquest if FF's purported 8:40am departure was spoken of/testified to/evidenced at the inquest? I believe there are a few here who attended.
Specific times from the foster parents are rather difficult to clarify and confirm. Is it because this information has been suppressed why has it been suppressed I wonder.

Specific times from the foster parents are rather difficult to clarify and confirm. Is it because this information has been suppressed why has it been suppressed I wonder.
Why would you think it has been? Are you implying guilt on their part? Or as part of a well planned police sting to entrap a main player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member