DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
1m

Convicted paedophile Frank Abbott, who was living near Benaroon Drive when William disappeared, is up on the court screen via video link from jail and is expected to testify at some stage.

Show this thread

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
3m

Coroner Harriet Grahame has again opened the inquest by thanking William’s “family and friends” for being here and told the court she acknowledges “keeping the faith is challenging”. She said her legal team had “worked tirelessly” and “committed to finding answers”.

IIRC, he was sleeping when W disappeared. He did not answer the door when AMS and FM came knocking, and police later looked into his attic, etc. I remember reading that this individual has been cleared, however I'm not sure why or how - (only because if a resident of that neighbourhood happened to have been home at the time and there are no witnesses to corroborate their actions, how can anyone really be cleared?).
He still interests me.

Oldest tweet at the bottom, newest at the top ....

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·
9m

Ms Lee told the court she asked her son to take off his Spider-Man suit after she learned a little boy in a Spider-Man suit had gone missing nearby.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris:
14m

She told the court her son was wearing the Spider-Man suit while at his grandparents house that day.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris
20m

Craddock asks her if there was any chance her son may have been unrestrained in the backseat when she drove to her parents house that day. She told the court it was “extremely unlikely” and the children knew not to take off their seatbelts in the car.

Harris @LiaJHarris ·
19m

She told the court she arrived at her parents house “a little earlier” than 10.45am that day and her son was wearing the Spider-Man suit at their house at some stage.

Lia Harris @LiaJHarris ·
21m

She told the court her son was not wearing the Spider-Man suit when they left home on September 12, 2014, to visit her parents “as far as I can recall”.

Lia Harris @LiaJHarris·
23m

Ms Lee told the court her son had a Spider-Man suit around that time. She has since tried to find photos of him wearing it to determine exactly when he had the suit.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris
28m

Mid North Coast local Kellie Lee is now on the stand. Her parents lived on the same street as Ron Chapman at the time William disappeared and she had a “blonde haired” son about the same age as William at the time.

LiaHarris@LiaJHarris

29m

Craddock told the court “it’s an appalling thing we still have no certainty as to what became of a three year old simply playing in the garden”.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·
30m

Craddock appeals to the woman Ron Chapman claims to have seen driving a car with a little boy in a Spider-Man suit in the backseat to come forward, saying “that person would have nothing to fear coming forward”.

Lia Harris @LiaJHarris·
31m

Counsel Assisting the Coroner Gerard Craddock SC has opened by saying “someone knows something” about William’s disappearance and assured them they “need not be afraid” to come forward.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·
42m

Convicted paedophile Frank Abbott, who was living near Benaroon Drive when William disappeared, is up on the court screen via video link from jail and is expected to testify at some stage.

Oldest tweet at the bottom, newest at the top ....

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·
5s

Mr Chapman told the court he knew Ms Lee’s parents and was aware they had small grandchildren at the time.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·
2m

Ronald Chapman has now taken the stand for a second time. He previously claimed to have seen a little boy in a Spider-Man suit in the backseat of a car driving past his house the morning William Tyrrell disappeared.

Police arrived to search the house and surrounding area and the scene descended into "pandemonium", the foster grandmother stated at the time.

"I can't think of anyone who would want to harm William," she said, noting local police officer Wendy Hudson first asked the question.

"I suggested (a neighbour) across the road (as he keeps odd hours and lives alone).

"Wendy assures me that she has checked him out thoroughly."

Read more: "Somebody knows" what happened to William

The neighbour was investigated and ruled out as a suspect, according to police sources.

Tyrrell's foster nan named neighbour

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

The court heard Ms Lee was driving a dark blue Subaru Outback at the time. Mr Chapman claims he saw the child in a “fawn or light brown” car followed by a blue sedan.
Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
1h
Craddock asked Mr Chapman if he could have mistaken Ms Lee’s son for William Tyrrell. Mr Chapman told the court “I’m sure it was William Tyrrell”.
Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
40m
Craddock asked Mr Chapman if it was possible the car he saw the boy in was Ms Lee’s car and he responded “no”.
Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris
·
13m
Craddock asked Mr Chapman “given it was a blink and you miss it kind of moment, what makes you so sure it was a Spider-Man suit?”. Mr Chapman responded “that’s just what it appeared to me” and told the court “I’m sure it was William”.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
1m

Show this thread

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
3m

Coroner Harriet Grahame has again opened the inquest by thanking William’s “family and friends” for being here and told the court she acknowledges “keeping the faith is challenging”. She said her legal team had “worked tirelessly” and “committed to finding answers”.

Thank you SA, TBL & JLZ

Last edited:
Mr Chapman was asked whether it was possible he had mistaken the boy - in the back seat of a white Toyota Landcruiser that went by his home - for the grandson of a neighbour who also owned a Spider-Man suit.
He stated he was "the worst in the world" at telling the makes of cars but later saw a Toyota Landcruiser while stopped at roadworks.
The inquest continues.
'I'm sure it was William Tyrrell', witness tells missing boy inquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members