Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Chapman seems very consistent and definite about what he saw, which has been rare throughout this case. I hope there is something out there to corroborate what he is saying. It's very difficult to get "fawn" and dark blue mixed up. He was insistent that the other car (the sedan) was blue so I doubt he is colour blind.

Mr Chapman seems very consistent and definite about what he saw, which has been rare throughout this case. I hope there is something out there to corroborate what he is saying. It's very difficult to get "fawn" and dark blue mixed up. He was insistent that the other car (the sedan) was blue so I doubt he is colour blind.
He's consistent and definite, but take note of his answers to questions like What is it that makes you sure/How did you form that opinion. Sometimes he can give reasons, sometimes he can't. On balance I'm moving toward thinking that he didn't see William.

He's consistent and definite, but take note of his answers to questions like What is it that makes you sure/How did you form that opinion. Sometimes he can give reasons, sometimes he can't. On balance I'm moving toward thinking that he didn't see William.
I agree and don't think Jubelin put too much stock into what Chapman said he witnessed either.

Looking at possible route taken.

If William was abducted sometime between 10.05 and 10.30 and taken somewhere close until it was realised a search for him was quickly escalating and then there was a mad dash via Laurel Street around 10.45 - the perpetrator would not travel past the CCTV at the tennis club if they were heading out to Logans Crossing Rd and on to Herons Creek as shown by the blue route on this map.

upload_2020-3-9_13-49-45.png

I agree, I think he's mistaken and over time he's convinced himself it was definitely William. If he was 100% sure at the time, he would have personally gone to the police. The way he did go about telling someone was like he wasn't sure at all but he observed an incident, and said so.

Looking at possible route taken.

If William was abducted sometime between 10.05 and 10.30 and taken somewhere close until it was realised a search for him was quickly escalating and then there was a mad dash via Laurel Street around 10.45 - the perpetrator would not travel past the CCTV at the tennis club if they were heading out to Logans Crossing Rd and on to Herons Creek as shown by the blue route on this map.

View attachment 237326
Could you please remind me where the tennis club was?

A man living in the NSW town where toddler William Tyrrell was last seen is "sure" he saw the boy in the back of a fast-moving car, a court has heard.

Mr Chapman said he didn't know William at the time but recognised him after seeing a TV news report about the boy's disappearance.

'I'm sure it was William Tyrrell', witness tells missing boy inquest

I'm certainly not saying that the possibility it was William shouldn't have been thoroughly checked out.
Yes definitely it should of been checked.
But i recall also what Jubelin said recently during his Trial as the lead investigator into WT's case, that there has been no DNA, forensics or witnesses as to what happened to William.
And a very difficult case to work on. There has been so much they have investigated into, some 6oo POI's etc. It really is a baffling case IMO, and not sure what the Coroner's findings will be when this CI is done? To try and determine if there is any possibility as to WT being still out there alive or not? But yet someone out there knows exactly where he is and perpetrated this crime. It's so sad there are no answers yet. All IMO.

Some people have the ability to be very observant. I'd be careful about dismissing what might well be the only eye witness to William's disappearance. There is no doubt that it would be rare for no one to have seen anything. Is it that Mr Chapman seems very definite about what he saw that makes you doubt? If he was less sure, then I might agree.

Some people have the ability to be very observant. I'd be careful about dismissing what might well be the only eye witness to William's disappearance. There is no doubt that it would be rare for no one to have seen anything. Is it that Mr Chapman seems very definite about what he saw that makes you doubt? If he was less sure, then I might agree.
youd think if he was so positive it was william he saw, he would have contacted police straight away though, instead of waiting,
it kind of seems like over time hes actually convinced himself it was, after being unsure at the start?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members