Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
youd think if he was so positive it was william he saw, he would have contacted police straight away though, instead of waiting,

Yes, you would think.

it kind of seem like over time hes actually convinced himself it was, after being unsure at the start?

Maybe he was sure but not sure about reporting it. People worry about getting tangled up in criminal activity or in something they don't understand.

Some people have the ability to be very observant. I'd be careful about dismissing what might well be the only eye witness to William's disappearance. There is no doubt that it would be rare for no one to have seen anything. Is it that Mr Chapman seems very definite about what he saw that makes you doubt? If he was less sure, then I might agree.
If Mr Chapman had answered something like, I can't say which features I recognized, faces are a Gestalt thing, but I'm unusually good at facial recognition even based on a quick glimpse, . . . then that would be more persuasive than just that he feels sure. Is there any reason to think he's very observant? He admits he's hopeless distinguishing cars. I'm bad at faces and bad at cars . . . I don't know whether there would be a correlation.

Yes, you would think.

Maybe he was sure but not sure about reporting it. People worry about getting tangled up in criminal activity or in something they don't understand.
thats true, not wanting to get involved etc
pretty tragic if it was william, his early reporting could have possibly saved him:(

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

She told the court Tony then arrived home that afternoon “drunk”. She said she confronted him about “why he lied” about going scrapping with their son and he “stormed out the back”.
I can sort of relate to that. If I changed my plans and then someone asked why I'd lied about what they were, I'd storm one way or another.

If Mr Chapman had answered something like, I can't say which features I recognized, faces are a Gestalt thing, but I'm unusually good at facial recognition even based on a quick glimpse, . . . then that would be more persuasive than just that he feels sure. Is there any reason to think he's very observant? He admits he's hopeless distinguishing cars. I'm bad at faces and bad at cars . . . I don't know whether there would be a correlation.
probably all different, im bad at faces, dont ever recognise my neighbours, but could remember a colour or what someone was wearing or car type, dog etc, i think you notice whats important to you subconsciously?

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

She told the court Tony later said he would go out and help look for “the missing child” after they heard William had disappeared. He then decided not to because “he figured there was enough people looking”
A drunk convicted child abuser, yep just who you’d want searching

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Local man Max Jones has now taken the stand. He told the court he used to regularly walk his dogs at a reserve near Laurieton, about 15 minutes drive from Kendall. The court is now being shown a video walkthrough he did with detectives at the reserve in 2018.
Have we heard of this previously?

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Jones told the detective in the video he pulled up at the reserve and saw a man sitting in another car parked there. He said “he was looking at me and I was looking at him” before he wound up his window “very quickly”. He said he noticed the vehicle was “very fogged up”.
Oh no

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Jones told the detective in the video he pulled up at the reserve and saw a man sitting in another car parked there. He said “he was looking at me and I was looking at him” before he wound up his window “very quickly”. He said he noticed the vehicle was “very fogged up”.
When, Lia, when?

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Mr Jones told the court he later saw Tony Jones and his car “on the news” and believed “it was definitely him” he had seen at the reserve that day. He said it was “at least eight months” later but he was “100% sure” it was him.

Edit: this tweet has been removed, nope, still there, sorry it disappeared for a few seconds. o_O :D

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Mr Jones told the court he later saw Tony Jones and his car “on the news” and believed “it was definitely him” he had seen at the reserve that day. He said it was “at least eight months” later but he was “100% sure” it was him.
Seems she’s now deleted this tweet ???? Sorry my mistake, it’s appeared again, seems she just corrected timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper