Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about the description cute being possible other reasons :( but that is only because of the twists and turns in this case.

William is so known as the little boy in the spider man suit, just like RC quoting he saw the boy in the spider man suit in the car driving past. You would think he would have said the little boy in the red suit or little spider man.

I agree Bear, Cannot imagine little William being calm and cute, being dragged away in a car with people he did not know. Would definitely be distressed IMO.

It may have just been poor reporting as we have seen before.
A beautiful, sweet little boy is "cute", distressed or not. IMO

It seems that police are putting alot of credibility on Chapmans sighting of William in the back of a car (beige old style box Toyota Landcruiser) driven by a plump blonde women. Is there any chance that this ? woman could be DP without the hair dye??? He/she seems like a likely POI. Followed closely by a blue sedan driven by a man. ????
Is he just a man with long hair ? Pretty normal. He fits the sighting FM saw in the teale car, maybe he had concerns about what may go down that day and drove into Benaroon

I'm missing the part of PS yet .... GJ had a reason to be "after him" (as PS told his deceased wife), I'm sure. MOO

My thoughts on this are that PS could have saw the abduction, but he already knew of FA’s scary/threatening behaviours and decided to not report it. His life, or that of someone that he loves, was probably threatened too, either at the time of the abduction or at a later stage. I could definitely imagine FA saying ‘I’ll break your wife’s neck’, after all the evidence we have heard this week.

Again, all IMO and speculative.

It seems that police are putting alot of credibility on Chapmans sighting of William in the back of a car (beige old style box Toyota Landcruiser) driven by a plump blonde women. Is there any chance that this ? woman could be DP without the hair dye??? He/she seems like a likely POI. Followed closely by a blue sedan driven by a man. ????

I wonder when the photo was taken. His hair is short and curly now.

Just wanted to add to my above hypothetical post about PS possibly witnessing FA abduct William. GJ obviously has his thoughts that PS did or knew something. He could have seen PS as the key to unlocking the whole case. PS only had to say what he saw and GJ would have his man. The problem is, PS probably denied/suppressed/ignored his thoughts about what he saw. Realistically, he would have looked very silly coming forward anytime after that first day, so he never cracked. He might have even felt responsible for not doing anything to stop it or help find William, so has kept the secret all this time, even with FA behind bars and his wife’s death.

MOO and just throwing some ideas out there.

Just wanted to add to my above hypothetical post about PS possibly witnessing FA abduct William. GJ obviously has his thoughts that PS did or knew something. He could have seen PS as the key to unlocking the whole case. PS only had to say what he saw and GJ would have his man. The problem is, PS probably denied/suppressed/ignored his thoughts about what he saw. Realistically, he would have looked very silly coming forward anytime after that first day, so he never cracked. He might have even felt responsible for not doing anything to stop it or help find William, so has kept the secret all this time, even with FA behind bars and his wife’s death.

MOO and just throwing some ideas out there.
My thoughts would be that PS knew these men and what they were,and to get himself involved would either make it known he did,or make him look like he was part of a group..some men will do anything to not let onto family etc that they have urges etc etc..Im sure a lot of people knew what was happening in their town but turned a blind eye kind of..all in my imo

I may have missed the part about the letter from Abbott to Ray Porter..... ?????

Paraphrasing from the late article in The Telegraph yesterday -

Irma was sorting out Mr Porter’s documents after his death when she found a letter sent to him from “your good friend Frank”.

The letter, appeared to be sent from a prison, asked Mr Porter to move “Frank’s boat” to a lady’s house, the inquest heard.

Irma said at the inquest that she destroyed the letter..

Unable to link article as Paywalled...

Last edited:
I was wondering about the description cute being possible other reasons :( but that is only because of the twists and turns in this case.

William is so known as the little boy in the spider man suit, just like RC quoting he saw the boy in the spider man suit in the car driving past. You would think he would have said the little boy in the red suit or little spider man.

I agree Bear, Cannot imagine little William being calm and cute, being dragged away in a car with people he did not know. Would definitely be distressed IMO.

It may have just been poor reporting as we have seen before.
Three year olds can be easily fooled at times. He may not have been distressed by the time he was dropped off later on.

He may have been told a story, of going to meet up with a family member, or maybe going to a carnival or something, that made him feel happy and comfortable.

Plus I gather that FA would be via video link from jail?

Definitely could be remembering this incorrectly, but I can still "see the vision" of witnesses, identified by number only, arriving in Police / Corrections vehicles at Daniel Morcombe's Inquest..... Prisoners gave evidence at the actual Inquest I think , and not just by video link... however technology may have improved by now???

I think they should be made to front the Inquest in person when giving evidence in a case like this..... IMO

I also think we need to remember that Ray had 2 friends - we have heard a lot about one of them in being F Abbot, but nothing yet about "Phil"??

I think there is a friend called "Phil"....... and interestingly, I imagine locals will know exactly who Phil is - now that the Inquest have released his name to the Public!

From Lia's twitter feed:
TJ:
  • Leaves home about 7.30AM to go scrapping with son, DG
  • DG says he was not out scrapping with TJ
  • He comes home drunk in afternoom and when questioned storms out the 'back'
  • Said he would go out looking but chose not to
  • MJ believes he saw TJ in a car at a reserve in Laurieton on day WT disappeared at about 10am-12pm - vehicle appeared all fogged up. 100%sure it was TJ after seeing him and his car on news months later. The reserve was Henry Kendall Reserve
  • TJ car was a white Ford Courier painted blue before Sep 2014
  • TJ's car was burnt out
  • DG sees TJ about 4-4.30pm day WT goes missing, in bed intoxicated and is told by TJ he was scrapping in forest that day
  • TJ apparently spends money supposedly for fuel for motorbikes to help search for WT, to buy alcohol with friend PB
  • TJ had permit to collect scrap metal in forest and says he went with DG 99.9% of the time to get scrap metal
  • TJ says if not scrapping he was having affair with ex wife's friend next door
  • TJ cannot remember what he did the morning WT disappeared
  • TJ's neighbour was FA's son in law
  • Says he crossed paths with FA in jail, did not know him before
  • TJ says it was not him at the reserve and never drove car of that description
  • TJ in jail from 20 Sep 2014 to Dec 2017
  • Witness Patrick Teeling tells court FA told him 'Tony Jones was being targeted by investigators after his car was seized for forensic examination'
  • TJ had 2 phones in 2014, and when asked about phone calls made on the day WT went missing, he says he has 'no recollection of that day'
  • FA says he saw 2 men in the bush in Kendall and one said he was Jones, TJ denies that was him
  • FA says he met TJ in prison in Grafton
  • In Oct 2018 FA tells an officer Dingle he was with RP going to property in Kendall, after his prison release in July 2015, and at a log dump saw 2 guys at a white station wagon with a young boy, about 7. One said he was Jones. He later saw the man on the news and recognized him as that man and a POI in the case
  • FA then says he is unsure if the encounter happened before he went to prison or after his release.
Lia Harris (@LiaJHarris) on Twitter

So my comments/questions on the above are:
1. MJ did not stipulate what type of car he saw in the reserve- or was this mentioned elsewhere? I know it says after seeing the description of cars on the news. Does this mean the 2 cars parked in Benaroon? Because none of those match the ford courier. But did TJ ever use another car?
2. So TJs car was painted blue, what colour car was burnt out? Didn't another 2 witnesses say they saw a ute on the day when they were at the cemetary?
3. TJ says he can't remember what he did the day, but knows it was not him in the reserve...
4. If TJ was in jail Sep 2014 to Dec 2017 (this info might be incorrect) - how could it have been him FA saw in the bush if that sighting might have been in 2015?

On a side note, who lives in Taree that the inquest was heard in Taree? Or were there other reasons?

All IMO.
Just slowly trying to digest the info from this tranche of the inquest.

I may have missed the part about the letter from Abbott to Ray Porter..... ?????

Paraphrasing from the late article in The Telegraph yesterday -

Irma was sorting out Mr Porter’s documents after his death when she found a letter sent to him from “your good friend Frank”.

The letter, appeared to be sent from a prison, asked Mr Porter to move “Frank’s boat” to a lady’s house, the inquest heard.

Irma said at the inquest that she destroyed the letter..

Unable to link article as Paywalled...
Curious if the boat was in RP possession when FA went to jail? Did he want it moved before police came to question RP and before he was going to the care home? Hopefully the boat was found and checked out.

COURTS SUSPEND ALL CORONIAL INQUESTS
QUEENSLAND Courts have announced that all coronial inquests scheduled in Brisbane up until June 30 will be adjourned amid the COVID-19 crisis.

Scheduled inquests in other locations across the State will also be adjourned to a date to be fixed after July 2020 unless the coroner is satisfied that safe social distancing practices can be achieved within the courtroom.

Category: | The Courier Mail

So did Ray live in Kendall or Wauchope?
Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
Mar 11

The court heard Abbott used to spend time with a friend named Ray who lived at the Kendall Showground. Mrs Northam couldn’t recall his last name.

And this version

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
Mar 18

The court heard Ms Porter told police “I got the impression Frank was not a very nice person. Ray told me one of his neighbours in Wauchope had told him to stay away from Frank”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member