Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

This is just the saddest, saddest case.
So much loss, harm, and pain - for so many.
And someone is sitting out there, untouched, after causing all of this.

Sometimes I feel like someone is protecting someone who is protecting someone who is protecting someone.

And someone knows what happened to William. The case has caused so much pain to so many people. Indeed this is a very dark and sad time.

RSBM

This is just the saddest, saddest case.
So much loss, harm, and pain - for so many.
And someone is sitting out there, untouched, after causing all of this.

Sometimes I feel like someone is protecting someone who is protecting someone who is protecting someone.

And someone knows what happened to William. The case has caused so much pain to so many people. Indeed this is a very dark and sad time.

My comments about BS and PS were not how I think Jubelin approached the investigation. I was referring to the treatment of these two men by some members of the public who have an attitude that what has happened to these two men doesn't really matter because they were "creepy".
probably has to do with info that has come to light about them as well

This is a sad case for Gary for sure, such a victim's advocate... but since his retirement, haven't new POIs become the focus, and because he wasn't dealing with them (?) the fruit of the poisoned tree may not apply to him/nor them? I hope so @Cleaver Greene. Maybe this case will go on & get solved..

Please don't give up everyone. Don't forget that if William is ever found there might well be some evidence - trace evidence for example - fibres and so much more. Even fingerprints can last for 50 years! We can't give up on William because Gary has been found guilty ... it is still an active investigation
edit - to take out emotion
I dont think anyone here will give up,and i doubt GJ will either,the only winners in this case are some who so far have got away with kidnapping a 3 yr old child and some who have fought hard to keep their secrets..the only advantage i see is people have woken up to the amount of scum living in the area and every area all over the world,these scum get away with it because they can,justice isnt hard enough..money is more important and so are the jobs of some..until it happens to their child...how can an entire system not find a 3yr old....because of to many rules that protect the scum.

This is such a depressing and frustrating case. ALL missing children cases are, of course.

But Lil William's case has so many layers of circumstances which made it so complicated and difficult. And it seems that whenever we get close, something overwhelming happens to block the action....

The Foster/caregiver situation blocked all the early information, making things 'invisible' and redacted and unreportable.

Then the press went aggressively in the wrong direction, taking us all on a wild goose chase for a year or two.

Then our hero, who the family put all their hope and trust in, gets dethroned and prosecuted, in a public way, and it is very sad.

The Inquest, makes stops and starts, and when it finally gets going again, after horrendous horrifying wildfires, the global pandemic moves in, and shuts it down once again...

And still, no one has found little Superman...:(

This is a sad case for Gary for sure, such a victim's advocate... but since his retirement, haven't new POIs become the focus, and because he wasn't dealing with them (?) the fruit of the poisoned tree may not apply to him/nor them? I hope so @Cleaver Greene. Maybe this case will go on & get solved..

Please don't give up everyone. Don't forget that if William is ever found there might well be some evidence - trace evidence for example - fibres and so much more. Even fingerprints can last for 50 years! We can't give up on William because Gary has been found guilty ... it is still an active investigation and we can't give up

I dont think anyone here will give up,and i doubt GJ will either,the only winners in this case are some who so far have got away with kidnapping a 3 yr old child and some who have fought hard to keep their secrets..the only advantage i see is people have woken up to the amount of scum living in the area and every area all over the world,these scum get away with it because they can,justice isnt hard enough..money is more important and so are the jobs of some..until it happens to their child...how can an entire system not find a 3yr old....because of to many rules that protect the scum.

I hear you Interested yes. Justice (please) has to come for William & hopefully it happens soon. Hopefully there is some kind of evidence in the end. We haven't heard the last of the inquest yet - so hopefully something will come of that... like it did for Daniel Morcombe

I do understand that there are restrictions generally about "recording" people's words without their knowledge or consent. But it is accepted that in the past, before mobile phones were in everyone's pockets, the Police had (and still do have) a notebook in which they wrote down what a witness or suspect said, whether or not the interview was a formal or informal one and whether they did this in the presence of the subject or afterwards. In fact, there was always a suspicion that the record of these types of interviews may not be word for word and could even have been "embellished" on occasion. However, they were permitted to be read as evidence in court.

So the recording of the actual words, including the context and in the vernacular of the subject, would have to be an improvement. The fact that warrants were previously granted to record PS (in the privacy of his home and without his knowledge) provides further confirmation that GJ's suspicions were valid and that his behavior was not simply reckless or rash. PS had already exhibited a pattern of accusing GJ of things that were not correct, so it would not be unreasonable for him to record their exchanges, if for no other purpose than for him to be able to swear in Court under oath, that what PS said was free from error or omission or to refute any scurrilous accusations made against him by the witness.

It is regrettable that such a fine investigative officer has been betrayed by his colleagues in this way and his excellent record has been besmirched. I hope you contemptible people are proud of yourselves!!

Well said Tinker - so many people these days are going through so much pain & so many challenges that seem / are so unfair.
I just pray for better times & justice for all, including for little William & his supportive Det Jubelin.

William’s foster parents have released a statement following the verdict:

View attachment 242069

Lia Harris on Twitter

It's so sad for police, like Jube's, who wanted the best - yet even the foster parents say Jubelin went above & beyond etc... That's not want the legal system wants from the police. They expect them to abide by the rules. It sucks, but it's the truth... I feel sorry for him - but he stepped out of line. I hope they are lenient with him, considering he was trying to do his best... for a missing child. But you have to consider the facts, which are not good ... unfortunately

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 21.43.32.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 21.43.32.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 15
I have no doubt that Jubelin was a very thorough and determined investigator and went over and above to find out what happened to WT. The victims families of the investigations he has led all speak so highly of him. They believe in him. And most people who have been victims of crime would want him on the case.

I think that everyone wants justice, but justice looks different to different people. Is justice finding out what happened to WT to bring some closure, or is it ensuring that whoever took him is brought to account? Jubelin may have been very close to finding out what happened to WT, but by acting illegally, he has likely ensured that no-one will ever be charged, unless completely new evidence comes out. No evidence collected on Jubelin's watch can be used: the whole investigation has been tainted. Without having any involvement in this case, I think that this is the reason he was removed from the investigation and hasn't been called at the Inquest. Police wanted to completely sideline him to preserve what they could of the evidence gathered.

What if BS or PS cracked under the pressure and admitted to taking WT just because they couldn't cope with the constant intrusions? Case closed. Is that justice if the real perpetrator remains free? Is it justice if BS is locked up for the murder of a little boy because people suspect that he has committed other offences, even though all charges were dismissed? Is it justice if PS is locked up for the murder of a little boy, just because there is an AVO against him and he is "creepy".

The only winner in this case is the person who took WT because he/she/they are unlikely to ever held to account.

Hi Cleaver & thanks for your apparent learned input at this time. We’ve missed you.

I did underline as above as I’d like to understand more of what you mean by that sentence.

I’m also not endorsing your insinuation that any evidence that Jubelin may have collected is useless.
I also suggest members of our investigative forces may be insulted by that comment, since all such evidence would be at their disposal, for their own investigations to follow.

Also on your comment that someone may have ‘caved under pressure’ and pled guilt to something they didn’t do - I don’t buy that in this day & age. He / they may’ve been asked many questions, many many questions, and anyone with half a heart & soul would want to have those questions asked, and answered, IMO.

They weren’t having their finger nails torn out, bits chopped off, questioned at gun point etc... they were being questioned because there were reasons for that questioning ( reasons IMO the general public is not aware of )

There’s a little boy missing, and missing for far too long.

IMO, this isn’t a time for self-promotion or boys throwing it on the table. It’s a time to Get Real - that’s what’s counts in the long run, and why so many still hope to have our faith in our Authorities prove to be worthy.

And I’ll add, just for those who are involved, either directly, indirectly, or even just wondering about something that you wondered if you did see or hear - you need to speak up now.

* Those implicated will do better with coming clean sooner rather than being discovered later - and you will be, no matter the years ahead.

* Those wondering - please do yourself a favour & step up for something good - don’t be put off by crap reasons & scare mongers. Only good can come from what you can provide - possibly even that massive reward!

Take care all in these challenging times, be mindful & careful of yourselves & all others please.

Plus Gary was after the wrong guy - so perhaps it's good in an awful way via hindsight? The team can- & has - moved on to other POIs, which may get some wanted results?

its very possible jubelin knows exactly who is responsible for williams disapearance and all the "pois" he was focussing on was all part of his strategy,
was he getting too close to arresting the real culprit/s ?
a lot of the local creeps have been exposed and dealt with, but in my opinion,
doubt any named by msm are respnsible for taking william
Hey Bearbear, those who know me have seen me reaching for a ‘double like’ Button - this is one of those times.

Jubelin's credibility on this investigation has taken a massive hit. Any evidence gathered on his watch will be scrutinized and questions asked about how it was obtained, regardless of the POI. The judgment yesterday was very damning for him because criticized his entire strategy of focussing in on one suspect regardless of whether the evidence warranted it. The lead investigator on the investigation has been convicted of obtaining evidence unlawfully. This is getting quite technical, but usually the onus is on defence to prove that evidence was obtained unlawfully. Because of the judgment, and the criticisms of Jubelin's investigation technique and his credibility as a witness, prosecution will now have to prove that all the evidence it wants to rely on was obtained lawfully. That will be almost impossible to do.

Cleaver would you please elaborate more on this point

My comments about BS and PS were not how I think Jubelin approached the investigation. I was referring to the treatment of these two men by some members of the public who have an attitude that what has happened to these two men doesn't really matter because they were "creepy".
Not how your comments came across Cleaver.

If I understand you, you're implying that FA is being set up, either to ensure that Jubelin isn't proved right, or because police know they won't get a conviction against PS under the circumstances (in line with what Cleaver was saying); FA looks a relatively easy target and they'd rather charge the wrong person than no-one?
At the very least, JLZ.

Plus Gary was after the wrong guy - so perhaps it's good in an awful way via hindsight? The team can- & has - moved on to other POIs, which may get some wanted results?

Jubes was after the wrong guy? Who is the right guy? From what I have read, there is no evidence/forensics/anything directly pointing to anyone's guilt.

I wonder what 'reasonable grounds' were given for the warrant(s) to surveil Savage.

Last edited:
Its a new day :)and tweets have begun......

Ahead of former detective Gary Jubelin’s sentencing hearing this morning, NSW Police Comissioner Mick Fuller says his crimes were “a breach of trust”, but that “he shouldn’t be demonised” and his many years of service to the force shouldn’t be forgotten.
@10NewsFirstSyd
@10Daily
8:47 AM · Apr 8, 2020 from Sydney, New South Wales·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1247657329593446400/retweets
https://twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1247657329593446400/likes

[URL='https://twitter.com/LiaJHarris']Lia Harris

@LiaJHarris[/URL]
·
14m

Replying to
@LiaJHarris
Several high profile people are expected to testify about Jubelin’s character at the hearing today, before the Magistrate decides his sentence.

Kelly Fedor
@KellyFedor

William #Tyrrell's foster mother is among those at Downing Local Court to support fmr lead investigator Gary #Jubelin as he faces sentencing for illegally recording a suspect. His immediate family isn't allowed in because of #COVID19 restrictions.
@9NewsSyd
9:40 AM · Apr 8, 2020

This morning Police Commissioner Mick #Fuller said "it's a serious breach of trust..." but we shouldn't forget about his three decades of "good police work."
@9NewsSyd
9:42 AM · Apr 8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members