Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I once supervised a much more elementary job and was shocked that I wasn't going to get a chance to speak to the supervisor who was taking over for the weekend. I left her a file with a detailed note of where things were at. She didn't read the file and there was chaos, lots of things that had been done were done over, and as a result I was effectively demoted for a while.
(In case I need to clarify: not police work.)

A new episode of Where’s William Tyrrell?, ‘More Questions Than Answers’, has dropped, discussing all the details of Gary Jubelin’s criminal case. It will be followed by a bonus ep featuring my interview with him after his conviction. @10NewsFirst @NatarshaBelling #WheresWilliam

Lia Harris on Twitter

Available here on Acast or Apple podcasts.

More Questions Than Answers

Lia Harris on Twitter

Gary Jubelin's podcast series has started. The first episode talks to Jason Evers about his experiences as a detective with NSW Police and in teams with Gary Jubelin. I don't know how to add a link because I found it on Apple Podcasts via a Google search. There's a Twitter link to the Daily Telegraph for subscribers or others who want to try their luck there.

Warning: At one point they talk about the post mortem examination of the body of a child, Jaydon Luke, who died in 2001, and it's distressing. The point of the discussion is that detectives are called to confront horrors throughout their careers, and it's a terrible burden, especially when the job involves cruelty against children. For anybody who would find this topic too much to bear, please skip from about 34:00 to 38:00. The rest of the podcast is nowhere near as horrifying, and at times is even funny.

"I've seen people die every way possible, but not this", in the series "I Catch Killers, with Gary Jubelin" (1 hr 27 min, 200.9 MB)

it’s just so sad. I hope professionals are working with her.

I haven’t looked, but on the off chance BM or anyone close to her is reading this I want to tell her, she is worthy, she is important, valued and loved and as another mum, I think of her when I think of little william and feel so much empathy for her.

Hi BB , as far as I can tell the article has been taken down by the papers .... even the regional papers have removed the story....
Better it’s not plastered everywhere IMO.
Everyone has their own personal battles in life & their crosses to bear - why make it harder for anyone, and especially in this situation. I’m a Mum. .. ..
IMO & re the situation with William’s family - OMG - I couldn’t even begin to understand their pain.

then to perhaps x it by previous experiences.

I just really want everyone please to pray for them, in their prayers for William.

Thank you

It's not complicated, Jubelin was questioning a poi, that's part of his job. You're expecting too much of one person, he hasn't got all the answers and doesn't pretend that he has.

Jubelin worked hard at his job and on this case and he was denied the right to give a handover, it's the ultimate humiliation. You're reading too much into this, he was ostracised and unable to speak to his team, he's giving us a glimpse into that experience, how do you explain a particular event in your life? Blah, blah, skip to the end..?

Yes he did work hard, but when you are found out doing something illegal - you are removed point blank - like in many organisations, you don't don't get to do a final goodbye. If you think there was no-one else on the team who knew exactly what was going on you'd be sorely mistaken... IMO

I found a photo of FGM's property which shows a retaining wall beside the lower driveway (the driveway which leads into the downstairs garage). Here's a magnified section:

image.jpeg

It's easier to see context in the full photo in the archive, but the section of the house shown above in the middle of the shot is the side which overlooks the driveways.

Does anybody know if there's a wall on the other side of the house too - between the upper lawn (where FFC last saw William) and the lower lawn (at the southeast corner of the house near the under-verandah water tank)? I have not been able to find any good views of that side of the house: it's always in shade, behind trees, or too far away to see details. If there is a wall it might have obstructed movement or forced a detour for William or an abductor.

Here is the acast link to Jubes 1st podcast, for those who are unable to find an accessible link and want to hear it.

"I've seen people die every way possible, but not this"

Hey, thanks for the heads-up about this Podcast, SouthAussie. Despite the serious cases that are mentioned, I found their banter hilarious (it's probably much needed in that line of work to stay sane).
I'm now following the series on Spotify.

I found a photo of FGM's property which shows a retaining wall beside the lower driveway (the driveway which leads into the downstairs garage). Here's a magnified section:

View attachment 244206

It's easier to see context in the full photo in the archive, but the section of the house shown above in the middle of the shot is the side which overlooks the driveways.

Does anybody know if there's a wall on the other side of the house too - between the upper lawn (where FFC last saw William) and the lower lawn (at the southeast corner of the house near the under-verandah water tank)? I have not been able to find any good views of that side of the house: it's always in shade, behind trees, or too far away to see details. If there is a wall it might have obstructed movement or forced a detour for William or an abductor.
Looking at the aerial view on Sixmaps, the wall you point out casts a shadow. If it extended in the same line on the other side of the house, I'd expect a corresponding shadow, which isn't there. There does seem to be a hedge a little way above that, edging the lawn and dividing it from the rest of the garden. But I don't remember noticing that in the old video of Jubelin in the general area.

The wall you point out seems to mean that if William and his sister had been literally running around the house, as has been said, they would have had to go quite close the road where it turns the corner.

Attachments

• Capture48B.PNG
    Capture48B.PNG
    527.7 KB · Views: 35
Looking at the aerial view on Sixmaps, the wall you point out casts a shadow. If it extended in the same line on the other side of the house, I'd expect a corresponding shadow, which isn't there. There does seem to be a hedge a little way above that, edging the lawn and dividing it from the rest of the garden. But I don't remember noticing that in the old video of Jubelin in the general area.

The wall you point out seems to mean that if William and his sister had been literally running around the house, as has been said, they would have had to go quite close the road where it turns the corner.
JLZ,

Following on from what you said (BBM), if William did run to that corner, the photo below (published in the first week of the search) shows that it would have been quite an exposed position, made worse because the view from the house seems to be blocked by trees (though maybe it only looks that way in the photo because of camera position?).

I circled a heap of rocks which looks to be close to the end of the wall, which might have the effect of extending the length of the wall. But again, maybe it only looks that way because of camera position. On the aerial view you posted, the wall-shadow seems to end about halfway out to the road, so maybe in fact there's a gap between the end of the wall and the start of the rocks, meaning that it wouldn't be necessary to go quite so close to the corner when passing from one side of the property to the other.

And it seems a bit odd that the residents would have their access to the lower lawn blocked by a long uninterrupted wall, so maybe there's a ramp in it somewhere, or stairs.

image.jpeg

- Photo 3 of 14, ABC News, 16 Sep 2014

Morning all! Do we have a date of when the inquest will continue yet? Or is it indefinitely? Thanks :)

It's not known when the inquest, before Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame, will conclude.

A directions hearing has been scheduled for June 1 and the coroner emphasised the police investigation was still ongoing.

Coronavirus halts William Tyrrell inquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member