Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well said, some of these opinions are way off!

This thread is taking a strange turn, it seems now Jubelin is portrayed as some vigilante rogue cop who's targetted these poor poi's, and should be personally responsible for the conduct of the entire NSW police force and their investigation practices!
The general public are not aware of how often these internal investigations occur and can lead to charges and a trial, this one gained a lot of attention because Jubelin worked on WT's case, the most talked about disappearance in the country! I've followed other such investigations for personal reasons, they're common and to single Jubelin out like he's a oddity, is quite undeserving!

hi Prime, i don’t personally get that same sense of things. Imo, I see Jubelin positioned as a passionate advocate for solving a crime & seeing justice delivered.
I can’t begin to imagine how hard it must be; to harness the emotions & willpower required; to play the game & find the ways & smarts to extricate the necessary information, bit by bit, to eventually have enough to nail these maggots.
I applaud all those who do such an honourable & often thankless job, in the protection of all in our society.
Similarly, I’m must disappointed in those selfish & self-serving people who inhabit all professions & hide under so many rocks, sowing their destructive venom as they go.

May God Bless & shine a light on the Good, so that the destructive in society is cast in an unattractive shadow.

Everything I have read thus far seems to indicate that PS wasn't being looked at until sometime in 2017. .. I guess 18 months from Dec 2018 would be mid 2017, so I guess that makes sense. I wonder if the 'Coronial Investigation Scene Order' to grant a search of Savage's property is the reason why PS seems to not be considered a POI any longer? Weren't GJ and Lambert removed from the WT case after they had the physical spat, which would've been somewhere around August 2018?
March 2019 Deugirtni
High-profile detective resigns after being stood down from William Tyrrell case

Top NSW detective removed from William Tyrrell case

60 Minutes appear to have exaggerated the similarity of the two cars. PS's Pajero wasn't such a modern model and the colours were not the same imo. Silver Pajero and dark grey/green Range Rover IIRC. Still, to a 3yr old just the shape might be enough.
Or I guess to a 5/ 6 year old given L’s comments

edited to add:

I’m not convinced that we’re privy to any of L’s actual testimony.

I’m also struggling to reconcile some suggestions:
William was running around the house ‘roaring & hiding’
Hiding from / playing with - who ?
Had L given up her drawing and was now running & playing with him
So from that, there’s the suggestion of him then disappearing down the driveway - and no sight of that by FFC or FGM (that we know of)

Last edited:
There could be other factors involved, idk, and yes, everyone is asked the tough questions, especially close family members, neighbours and anyone who's visited the FGM's property.

But if anyone wants to gain perspective about these internal investigations and their occurrence, they're published when a trial is active, usually reported in the telegraph, little to no publicity otherwise but the public can follow if they want.
Jubelin thought this wasn't going to amount to charges, he was assured by the assistant commissioner it wouldn't be, but someone dug their heels in and it went to court, you'd be surprised how petty these charges can be.
Do you have some inside knowledge Prime ?

Sorry to side step here but can anyone tell me if PS was ever questioned about whether or not he knew FA personally or if FA had done some work for PS around the house? I can’t recall if a link was ever made or attempted to be made between the 2

not aware / not heard Chrissy74.

Would sure like to know though

I don't recall hearing that Lambert was removed from the WT case in January 2019, the same time GJ was removed from the case? Is there a link to show that? I thought he had been moved to a different department and/or taken sick leave after the July/August 2018 blows with Jubelin?
It’s my understanding that Lambert is on extended leave

Thank you for your post Warshawski, however I'm not sure what you're trying to show me in these two linked articles (I could easily be missing something though!).

I understand that GJ was removed from the WT case (and I believe all homicide cases, if I'm not mistaken?) in January 2019.. but it is Detective Craig Lambert I am confused about. SA had posted that both GJ and CL had been removed in January 2019, but I haven't seen anything to that effect? (post here: Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54)

My understanding was that Lambert had been moved to a different department and/or taken sick leave after the July/August 2018 blows with Jubelin, so was just asking for a link re Lambert's timing and status, and even that he was removed from the case, etc.

Sorry to side step here but can anyone tell me if PS was ever questioned about whether or not he knew FA personally or if FA had done some work for PS around the house? I can’t recall if a link was ever made or attempted to be made between the 2
I don't believe so but then some of the inquest was not made public. It would be very interesting to know.

60 Minutes appear to have exaggerated the similarity of the two cars. PS's Pajero wasn't such a modern model and the colours were not the same imo. Silver Pajero and dark grey/green Range Rover IIRC. Still, to a 3yr old just the shape might be enough.
Totally agree with that statement Blues Clues.... I was quite shocked when watching it air, that they pictured both cars the same colour as well...... ?? Sensationalism at its best....

With the whole handover debate ..... didn't we hear in Jubes' Trial that a written handover was done by Jubes and was submitted to the Coroner basically as it was written??? It was just signed off by someone else??? Laidlaw possibly ???

Totally agree with that statement Blues Clues.... I was quite shocked when watching it air, that they pictured both cars the same colour as well...... ?? Sensationalism at its best....

With the whole handover debate ..... didn't we hear in Jubes' Trial that a written handover was done by Jubes and was submitted to the Coroner basically as it was written??? It was just signed off by someone else??? Laidlaw possibly ???

BBM - No that was the Police report to the Coroner, the handover should have been from Jubelin to Laidlaw in regard to the case.

BBM - No that was the Police report to the Coroner, the handover should have been from Jubelin to Laidlaw in regard to the case.

It was Jubelin's "Statement to the Coroner" I was remembering..... apologies

I guess it depends on what you consider to be a handover?? A written handover is usually much more accurate than a verbal one, IMO
I would have thought his Statement to the Coroner would have included all of the relevant investigation details? But who knows???

"The Comissioner’s lawyer was trying to suppress Jubelin’s testimony that Det Chief Insp David Laidlaw, who took over the investigation, had put his name on Jubelin’s statement for the Coroner. The Magistrate didn’t allow the application it and it was withdrawn."
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #51

EXCLUSIVE: The target of Gary Jubelin's illegal recording lashes out at ousted William Tyrrell cop for 'painting himself like a hero' - claiming his record of locking up killers isn't as strong as he makes out
Mr Savage, 75, also unloaded on the former NSW Police Force posterboy's reputation as a 'wonderful' investigator. He suggested his track record of locking up killers isn't strong as he'd like people to think it is.

Mr Savage said: 'I'm not impressed with him, to tell you the truth.

'He doesn't know the truth, the facts from the fiction.'
William Tyrrell: Paul Savage lashes out at Gary Jubelin after 60 Minutes interview | Daily Mail Online
Well well, looks like old doddering, frail Mr Savage ain't that old and forgetful, after all...:rolleyes:

That is not true. It's not in the cold case bin yet - his inquest is not even over. Just remember the Daniel M case, in which the inquest led to the arrest & conviction of his killer...
Maybe it's not yet. But it has had two long interruptions so far. And lost a lot of momentum.

Who knows if it will ever really get back on track. JMO

There’s all sorts of workplaces, and all sorts of ‘teams’ IMO. And certainly some where where one person actually does the job while many others fake up!

In this instance we’re not talking about a replacement for an Admin role (no offence intended to all the very important & capable occupants of that role & indeed they usually have hand-overs)

Its my opinion ( and leaving Jubelin totally out of this) a proper hand-over should be compulsory for the departing Lead Investigator of a serious crime, perhaps even here a murder investigation.
IMO it’s deserved of so much more than a simple debrief by ‘any’ member of the Team - if we’re genuinely committed to the business at hand. If not, why even have a Lead, with all the responsibility that comes with that role.

Yes, the LEAD investigator means something. He would be the one person that collected all of the other investigators most important findings.
The LEAD investigator has the job of coordinating and organising all of the key evidence and findings.

So it very much matters that he does a formal 'handover' of his report. JMO

Yes, the LEAD investigator means something. He would be the one person that collected all of the other investigators most important findings.
The LEAD investigator has the job of coordinating and organising all of the key evidence and findings.

So it very much matters that he does a formal 'handover' of his report. JMO
Indeed. I once supervised a much more elementary job and was shocked that I wasn't going to get a chance to speak to the supervisor who was taking over for the weekend. I left her a file with a detailed note of where things were at. She didn't read the file and there was chaos, lots of things that had been done were done over, and as a result I was effectively demoted for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper