Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Baker said on September 13, 2014, she heard a child “scream out, like a child hurt” and immediately thought it was a young boy.

“I stood up straight away. I looked in the direction and listened ... I stayed out there a little while,” she said.

“Bit concerned, but I had no reason to think it was William.”

Herons Creek is a 15-minute drive from Kendall.
Woman ‘heard scream’ after William vanished

Her friend Janice Tissizis said she told Ms Baker in 2018 that convicted paedophile Frank Abbott lived just across the paddock.

It seemed like the “penny dropped” for her friend in that moment, she said.

“What had she heard that day, with everything we know about Frank, it just really frightened her.”

Both women knew Abbott from when they lived in nearby Johns River and said he had a reputation as a paedophile there.

“All the kids were warned to stay away from you,” Ms Tissizis told Abbott, who is representing himself at the inquest.

d7745708c915fb8eb44ece54ba91c626

Former William Tyrrell cop Gary Jubelin arrives at the inquest. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Joel CarrettSource:News Corp Australia

The inquest also heard of a last-ditch bid for the investigation’s former top cop Gary Jubelin to give evidence, but it was knocked back by Ms Grahame who said it could be a “significant distraction” at this stage.

The barrister for William’s foster family argued Mr Jubelin was best placed to testify on matters including when the investigation began to consider if William had been abducted or murdered and persons of interest.
OCTOBER 6, 20204:33PM

I wonder if she came forward to the police or Crimestoppers. Surely!
Did she wait till 2018 to tell the police? Am I reading this correctly?

But it was not until a friend told her a convicted paedophile was living nearby that she realised she had to tell the police.

Her friend Janice Tissizis said she told Ms Baker in 2018 that convicted paedophile Frank Abbott lived just across the paddock.

“What had she heard that day, with everything we know about Frank, it just really frightened her.”

Ms Baker said on September 13, 2014, she heard a child “scream out, like a child hurt” and immediately thought it was a young boy.

“I stood up straight away. I looked in the direction and listened ... I stayed out there a little while,” she said.

“Bit concerned, but I had no reason to think it was William.”

Herons Creek is a 15-minute drive from Kendall.
For heaven's sake! A child is missing. She hears screams. And does NOTHING!!! Unbelievable.

Did she wait till 2018 to tell the police? Am I reading this correctly?

But it was not until a friend told her a convicted paedophile was living nearby that she realised she had to tell the police.

It just beggers belief that she waited that long.

Anna Baker was tending to strawberries on her Herons Creek property on the New South Wales mid-north coast in September 2014 when she heard a child scream out.

“(It was) not very long, it sounded like maybe he was hurt,” Ms Baker told William’s inquest, which resumed on Tuesday.
https://7news.com.au/news/william-t...-in-bushland-near-frank-abbott-home-c-1367622

“It was a scream and it was silence pretty quickly ... I had no reason to think it was William.”
“But I didn’t hear anymore ... It was pretty thick bush.”

Her large property is situated about four kilometres from Kendall, where William’s foster grandmother lived.

Anna Baker was tending to strawberries on her Herons Creek property on the New South Wales mid-north coast in September 2014 when she heard a child scream out.

“(It was) not very long, it sounded like maybe he was hurt,” Ms Baker told William’s inquest, which resumed on Tuesday.
https://7news.com.au/news/william-t...-in-bushland-near-frank-abbott-home-c-1367622

“It was a scream and it was silence pretty quickly ... I had no reason to think it was William.

Her large property is situated about four kilometres from Kendall, where William’s foster grandmother lived.
BBM: I can kind of understand it. If she's a 15 minute drive away (so a long walk even for an adult), on the day you wouldn't have connected the two things - it was publicly being treated as a missing kid gone wandering in the bush. You're not going to think it's him. I would probably have started to have doubts when he wasn't found within 48 hours or so but then not everybody pays close attention to the news, even local news, so I don't know.

In the video link posted above, it states that this witness had helped to search for William the day he disappeared, .... but yet she did not connect the scream she heard to potentially being involved in the case until years later (???????????) Only when she was told that FA lived nearby did she contact police. It said her report sparked the latest search in June 2020. Unbelievable.

BBM: I can kind of understand it. If she's a 15 minute drive away (so a long walk even for an adult), on the day you wouldn't have connected the two things - it was publicly being treated as a missing kid gone wandering in the bush. You're not going to think it's him. I would probably have started to have doubts when he wasn't found within 48 hours or so but then not everybody pays close attention to the news, even local news, so I don't know.
Why would it take 15 minutes to drive 4 kms?

Under questioning, Mr Owen said he 'might've' been at a community centre on the day William vanished, September 12.

Lawyer for the foster family, Justine Hopper, asked Mr Owen:'Is it the case you didn't go to the community on the 12th of September even though you said you went there, you actually didn't go?'

Mr Owen said: 'I don't know - I actually can't remember ... I've contracted Parkinson's' Disease and my memory is shot to pieces.'
William Tyrrell: Bizarre connection between handyman and convicted paedophile Frank Abbott | Daily Mail Online
offs really

o

o let the (significant distraction) go ahead

Well, the significant distraction would certainly be better than a bunch of people who have said "I can't remember".

Will this inquest ever feel 'complete' now? Not to me it won't, and probably not to the foster parents and others.
Give the bloke a chance to say what he needs to say, even if they do it in closed court.

Well, the significant distraction would certainly be better than a bunch of people who have said "I can't remember".

Will this inquest ever feel 'complete' now? Not to me it won't, and probably not to the foster parents and others.
Give the bloke a chance to say what he needs to say, even if they do it in closed court.
Jubelin could say what he needs to say by written submission? Is he still blocked from contact with the foster family? If not they could put their questions to him directly and he could enter his answers into evidence in a stat dec delivered to the coroner.

I wonder if we'll hear whether Abbott has claimed exemption on the grounds of self-incrimination.

Totally agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member