Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe everyone residing or visiting Benaroon Drive and Ellendale Crescent would have been listed as 'persons of interest'.

I would add: the postie and ALL residents and/or visitors to Benaroon/Ellendale. Even visitors after the fact because they may have been involved in a process 'after the fact' of William's disappearance.

Yes agree, but did all these appear at the Inquest?

The waterway that appears to run west-east behind all the houses on the south-side of Benaroon Drive and then flows east under Batar Creek Road. Is that pretty adjacent to where the old horse riding place was? When the investigators went back to Kendall in September 2021 did they not also visit the former riding school area? I cannot find the article at present but there is something in the back of my mind and I can recall seeing picture of the investigators there.

During one of the inquest first tranches there was a map released showing where police divers/searchers had searched a waterway that ran being the south side of Benaroon. IMO because for the life of me I can't find that map now. Help!
The area immediately surrounding the waterway you mention was so densely bushed it could not be thoroughly searched in the first instance, although from memory officers had another go at it more recently. We have speculated that block is where 'gorilla man' lived. The (former) riding school is immediately south of that block. The riding school was searched, I'm not sure how thoroughly.

Last edited:
I have marked the above Google Map with 2 colours. The purple is the west-east waterway that runs behind the souith-side of Benaroon Drive houses and then flows under Benaroon Drive at this point it is .53kms (as the crow flies).

The pink is the another waterway that runs near where the old horse riding ground was. this is .92kms (as the crow flies) from 48 Benaroon.

You should be able to see that the waterways that are purple and blue colours meet up to form onother waterway that then meets up with Batar Creek.

upload_2021-11-15_16-18-44.png

The area immediately surrounding the waterway you mention was so densely bushed it could not be thoroughly searched in the first instance, although from memory officers had another go at it more recently. We have speculated that block is where 'gorilla man' lived. The riding school is immediately south of that block. The riding school was searched, I'm not sure how thoroughly.

Was this the area where an old run down shack was found?? Didn't FM mention that she drove to the riding school looking for WT when he went missing?

Was this the area where an old run down shack was found?? Didn't FM mention that she drove to the riding school looking for WT when he went missing?
Yes that is what I recall too. And from memory that was new evidence (if I can put it that way) because it was never known before the reveal at inquest. Was there mention she pulled off the road to let a truck go by or something like that?

I think the run down shack was along the fire trail but I could be wrong.

Yes that is what I recall too. And from memory that was new evidence (if I can put it that way) because it was never known before the reveal at inquest. Was there mention she pulled off the road to let a truck go by or something like that?

I think the run down shack was along the fire trail but I could be wrong.

Yeah it's been a while since I read this thread and followed this thread. But have followed most news updates, from memory this is the 1st lot of search area that the coroner ordered, it was near a T-Intersection and media couldn't get to it as LE had it blocked off IMO

Yes FM drove down towards the Riding School and then pulled over and turned around.... (saw a truck, IIRC?)

I don't recall an old run down shack???? (except the shed behind the school .... ) and the Bus Stop at the end of Benaroon....

Maybe someone else can remember the "shack" ???? (7 years is a long time to remember everything ...)

JMO

It is my understanding that Abbott has never been cleared though, or have I missed something that came out of the last tranche of the Coronial Inquest?
I recall police saying throughout the investigation that no one had been cleared? So confusing.

If one of the search sites is around Batar Creek Rd, I'm guessing that whatever happened to WT happened quickly. I mean, that's barely leaving the FGM house.

I have found a map released by the Coroner that is on a media site but the link is no longer valid. I am sure there was a photo of police divers in a large pond on the southside of Benaroon at the rear of some of the houses there.

View attachment 322087
There was a photo of Police Divers in a ?? Dam, or an area of water, during the search and investigation.....

Thx thought I put PS in, I don't believe the night owl is involved as i don't believe he was questioned at the inquest, unless he did in closed court.

The new suspect IMO would've been questioned at the inquest and the same person spoken about in channel 10's podcast. I only listened to a couple of episodes of the podcast and stopped as IMO it was a totally biased podcast JMO

Agree with your sentiments. Just have to comment that a person of interest could be anyone the police have spoken to about what they may or may not know about the disappearance of William. Not all persons of interest would appear at an Inquest IMO. There would have been 100s or possibly thousands of people spoken to before the inquest.

I find the interview with Bennett this morning to be very cryptic.

There was a photo of Police Divers in a ?? Dam, or an area of water, during the search and investigation.....

Thankyou I thought I might have to book myself into a carer's suite. I am still looking. I am really positive that one of the police officers that gave evidence to the Coroner (in person) talked of this dam search too.

It is my understanding that Abbott has never been cleared though, or have I missed something that came out of the last tranche of the Coronial Inquest?
I recall police saying throughout the investigation that no one had been cleared? So confusing.

If one of the search sites is around Batar Creek Rd, I'm guessing that whatever happened to WT happened quickly. I mean, that's barely leaving the FGM house.

Re bolded text (by me). IMO it was Laidlaw that made that statement when he took over the investigation. When I read what he had said my eyebrows raised to full capacity.

Yeah it's been a while since I read this thread and followed this thread. But have followed most news updates, from memory this is the 1st lot of search area that the coroner ordered, it was near a T-Intersection and media couldn't get to it as LE had it blocked off IMO

Aaah its coming back to front of memory now. That was the Old Coach Road and the re-search of Benaroon Drive and the surrounding forest. The Coroner attended and so did Det. Jubelin. That was his last official media outing as far as I recall.

Here's a link for the map you're talking about (a larger version, showing the location of the "riding school"): Inside the William Tyrrell inquest, News.com.au, 31 March 2019

That's the one that has been in my mind's eye - knew I was not imagining things. Some very interesting photos in that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38