Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming if you were a foster carer and a child died in your care, then it wouldn't just be a police investigation but there would have to be investigation by the department of childrens services as well?

I'm assuming even if deemed not to be criminally negligent, the department would have their own standards of care for foster carers including things like adequate supervision?

And that any children under your care would be removed until the investigation had been completed?

I don't know the answer.

I seem to recall there was plans in motion for formal adoption.

IMO, if an accident, it would make sense in a crazy way to cover up the accident because of fears of losing other child. If someone is super keen/desperate to have kids, they'd go to any length. Not saying all are like that, mind you, just my opinion on some minds.

I wonder if, considering the AVOs are no longer showing online, they are both in custody (and there are so many things happening quickly behind the scenes because it is such a high profile case) and therefore police no longer have a need to get an AVO enforced?

Its possible that added media/public interest has forced their hands and/or DOCS (not sure anymore what NSW calls it) have made it appear private, as they became aware of the applications, due to the privacy laws around foster kids.

You would think so.... But in the beginning Fehon was adamant they were looking for a lost child..... and he was in charge.

They did use a scent dog in the beginning but not a cadaver dog that I recall???

They didn’t check the gardens? Huh? What is that!?

Did they check those water tanks??

They’ve checked the area ‘thoroughly’ several times in a radius of 5 klm so why are they now back at 700-1,000 meters away?

This is truly heartbreaking for everyone.

I'm thinking that when they announced in September of this year, that there was a new 'person of interest', the FF were well aware it was them, hence their reaction to it. I'm figuring the police announced that to get them talking amongst themselves and had them bugged at the same time. The AVO could have resulted from that 'bugging' IMO

I think this is the photo @sniffsniffcough was looking for yesterday????

1410710011336_wps_4_image_8_jpeg.jpg

Was William Tyrell abducted? Police investigating reports of suspicious man | Daily Mail Online

Surely law enforcement would have done a thorough forensic investigation of the the property from top to bottom for any signs of blood as soon as they learned William had disappeared? Would it still be possible for blood to show up at a property when luminol is used in a forensic investigation after years have passed? I imagine it is unlikely blood could be detected in the outside of a property because it would degrade due to the elements after so long.

Luminol
  1. although the test is presumptive, large areas of suspected material can be examined rapidly;
  2. dried and decomposed blood gave a stronger and more lasting reaction than fresh blood
Crime scene investigators use luminol to find traces of blood, even if someone has cleaned or removed it. The investigator sprays a solution of luminol and the oxidant. The iron in blood catalyses the luminescence. The amount of catalyst necessary to cause the reaction is very small relative to the amount of luminol, allowing detection of even trace amounts of blood

Luminol - Wikipedia

I can remember things starting from when I was three years old.
I'm thinking it's a possibility that the sister has remembered something, or finally revealed something she noticed on the day.

I was also thinking how a seemingly innocuous memory can take on a whole new meaning once we are older.

Maybe there was one thing or several things that the sister started wondering about now that's she's around 12 years old. Perhaps she's even started asking the FPs some questions or seeking clarification.

There are things I accepted at 6 years old that I would question at 12 years old.

When I was 6 my mother told me to be careful not to flash my knickers when I was sitting down or doing handstands in front of other people. At 6, I didn't know why it mattered but did as I was told. By 12, I knew my mothers advice was because she was worried about perverts.

Another example which is kind of assuming is that there were a few incidents (not many!) where my father would go out for dinner with his mates and the next day be vomiting with food poisoning. At least that's what my parents told me. It was only years later that it clicked that it was their cover story for when he was hungover.

So I think it's possible the sister may now see her own memories in a different light.

Edited: I watched a news video mentioning Tilly working the search. I want to show her off.

‘Officer’ Tilly, a cadaver dog from our State Police Dog Unit visited #westernsydneyu #forensicanthropology students to show off her detection skills. Here she is guarding her most prized possession after a job well done!
View attachment 322272
https://twitter.com/DrHayley_AU/status/1380032451200753668
fa3c21d6c42ef3fec52ae302ae872f2e47022283

Police search dense bushland for missing boy William Tyrrell with cadaver dog Tilly on Monday
William Tyrrell search: NSW Police seek AVO against foster parents

I find watching and learning about these dogs fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim