Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police divers to scour swamp in search for William Tyrell

ABC Australia Tuesday 3 March 2015 12:44:11 AM

Police scouring bushland for missing three-year-old boy William Tyrell plan to send divers to a swamp about two kilometres off the bush track in NSW where they have been concentrating their search after a tip-off.

Investigators earlier said they had confidence in the tip-off that led them to bushland on the state's mid north coast.

http://australia.news.net/article/2968833/police-divers-to-scour-swamp-in-search-for-william-tyrell

Could the other 3 children (if that is the correct number) be Margaret's? They both had children when they initially got together.

Mr Spedding's daughter-in-law, Aimy Spedding, told Fairfax Media his son and daughter believe he had nothing to do with William Tyrell's mysterious disappearance.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-spedding-and-wife-margaret-speak-for-first-time-on-missing-william-tyrell-20150123-12x4sl.html

"Mr Spedding said he and one of his sisters would continue to support their father and hoped police would soon find William."

Didn't someone say he has 5 children? 2/5 support him?

Daily Telegraph denies digitally altering image of van pictured in child abduction article

http://mumbrella.com.au/daily-telegraph-s-peddo-spedding-279146

OK I saw some footage of the van on the news last night, and someone has actually removed the 'S' from it at the front (LOL), now if that was me, I'd have had that 'S' replaced, as in how embarrassing to be driving around like that under these circumstances, anyway it looks like someone in town isn't too supportive of BS's version of events :)

Considering that the S's have/had guardianship of one of MS's son's children, it would be no surprise there could be some animosity involved in the relationship between her children and the couple?

I would imagine that in the event it turns out to be something/someone else, Mr. S will have a lot of damages to sue for over this crucifixion in the media.

OK I saw some footage of the van on the news last night, and someone has actually removed the 'S' from it at the front (LOL), now if that was me, I'd have had that 'S' replaced, as in how embarrassing to be driving around like that under these circumstances, anyway it looks like someone in town isn't too supportive of BS's version of events :)

Meanwhile, person of interest Bill Spedding remained tight-lipped as police searched the thick forest about 5km from his home.
Senior detectives visited his Bonny Hills property twice yesterday but did not speak with anybody.
Mr Spedding has denied any involvement with William’s disappearance.
Asked yesterday why he had not repaired his work truck after the “S” went missing from “Speddo’s”, he said simply: “Please leave.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ssing-boy-widens/story-fns0kb1g-1227247134631

Meanwhile, person of interest Bill Spedding remained tight-lipped as police searched the thick forest about 5km from his home.
Senior detectives visited his Bonny Hills property twice yesterday but did not speak with anybody.
Mr Spedding has denied any involvement with William’s disappearance.
Asked yesterday why he had not repaired his work truck after the “S” went missing from “Speddo’s”, he said simply: “Please leave.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ssing-boy-widens/story-fns0kb1g-1227247134631
So they visited twice - I wonder if BS was home the second time.

I just don't understand why the discovery of bones was publicised so quickly - yet any other discovery was referred to as 'objects'. Is there anyone out there who knows whether this is a deliberate release of information by police? They didn't have to make public the discovery of bones. It really feels like so much of this is staged for the purpose of watching for reaction of person/s of interest. I don't know how police operate in these investigations, but perhaps someone here on Websleuths who has experience in this area can give us an idea.

I still hold that the police aren't that cunning and don't have the control over the media that some believe.

Someone must have told the media about the bones then? Surely reporters aren't out there digging around

Confidence in the tip off?

I'm going with phone pings or they found specific soil samples or plant matter on one of the vehicles. The areas they are searching are a fair distance apart.

jmo

Channel9 news now- said police are confident of the tipoff which has led them to these latest searches.

I'd love to know who the pimp is? Family or Friend with a big mouth.

Could be anyone. I want to know how they follow through with the tip, do they wait until they've had a couple of tip offs to cross check them?

This information is then handed over to law enforcement to deal with. They are the only body who can investigate crimes and arrest and charge people, in order to bring them to justice.

The police have to thoroughly research the information you give us in order to act on it. This ensures that information is correct and not given to us maliciously in order to set someone up.

Once the information has been researched the police will allocate this to an appropriate officer or team to deal with. This could mean more research or action may be taken.

http://www.midlandscrimestoppers.com/callprocedure.html

When police officers rely on an informant’s observations instead of on their own, police must assess the trustworthiness of the informant’s tip. Such an assessment generally takes into account two factors, to a greater or lesser extent: How credible and believable is the informant?; and How did the informant come to have the information that he or she is passing along to the police?

Police may conclude that an informant is credible because he has a history of giving good tips to law enforcement, or because she is an apparently truthful citizen coming forward and identifying herself, claiming to have seen someone commit an offense.

https://verdict.justia.com/2013/10/16/u-s-supreme-court-considers-anonymous-tips

Must be really hard to rule out a set up if it's an anonymous tip

Confidence in the tip off?

I'm going with phone pings or they found specific soil samples or plant matter on one of the vehicles. The areas they are searching are a fair distance apart.

jmo

Or bugs in his house / car / GPS tracker placed on the van etc ..

Must be really hard to rule out a set up if it's an anonymous tip

It sounds as though anonymous tips are considered just possible information, like FB speculation and rumours, which has been proven to be often incorrect. From the 2nd lot of info in my post above, it sounds as though police consider info a lot more reliable if a tipster has come forward and identified themselves (because that person can be prosecuted for giving misleading info), or if the info comes from a reliable and known informant.

so if a credible witness was someones partner, how would they know the exact location/area to tell police to search in unless they had witnessed the crime or the perp confessed to them?
then if police acted upon this info wouldnt the informant be worried the perp would wonder how police knew where to search etc?

You'd imagine if it was a partner, they'd have information given to them through the grapevine or perp directly.
The perp would probably sweat a lot if he/she has told anyone anything, I guess that's why police can sometimes "shake the tree" to see if anyone cracks

What happens if I hate my ex husband. So I call in 'a tip' and say he was dodgy with little boys and I saw him with a shovel in the bush behind his home? Would they go have a massive search based upon my tip alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc