Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A person of the highest level of interest but not a suspect.

I'd have a wager there has been a little covert police work being undertaken. imo

Who would have ever guessed GBC was frequenting dating sites.:facepalm:

Not the highest level of interest, but:

"At the very highest he is a person of interest but he is not the only person of interest," Superintendent Willing said.

Not the highest level of interest, but:

"At the very highest he is a person of interest but he is not the only person of interest," Superintendent Willing said.

Yes sorry about that AT the very highest.

No worries!

I have to believe that police have something huge up their sleeves. If they don't, this is all just a huge mess. That's two massive, high profile searches that have turned up nothing.

What about the Victorian couple from The Haven (holiday park) who they questioned mid January? Why weren't their names released? Was their house searched? Why is only selective information being released?

No worries!

I have to believe that police have something huge up their sleeves. If they don't, this is all just a huge mess. That's two massive, high profile searches that have turned up nothing.

What about the Victorian couple from The Haven (holiday park) who they questioned mid January? Why weren't their names released? Was their house searched? Why is only selective information being released?

Hmm not sure.. Maybe only releasing bits and pieces of information to get someone on/off the track?

No worries!

Have you seen that term used before At the highest level is a person of interest?

Does BS have direct involvement, knowledge or is he being set up ?

The coincidences are well rather ......
He
* Visited the house 4 days before.
* Presumably he was expected to return the very day William disappeared.
* He missed a call from the house ????
* He returned a call to the house. ???
a) was unable to get through.
b) got through and was told it was not a good time - he would be contacted when it was.
* He deleted his call log. ???
* He returned to the house a few days later to complete repair.
* Gave police interview soon after disappearance that had inconsistencies.
* Facs report - iinterview - removal of children - ongoing investigation

That's a lot of coincidences, a lot of bad luck or a lot of good planning if someone was setting him up. imo
Still reading through the pages. .
Add into that, washing machine repair van was seen in the street in the early days of the searches.

Have you seen that term used before At the highest level is a person of interest?

Nope, not during an investigation.

I think by saying "at the very highest he is a person of interest" I think it's his way if saying "we've interviewed him but we have nothing on him. He might or might not be involved but we don't really know. He's not a suspect and at this point I'm not sure we can keep calling him a person of interest either".

Just IMO of course. I keep hoping they pull out a huge surprise and arrest someone.

The cameras in that search area still seem strange to me. Perhaps the revelation of the presence of those was the reason for the search.

Interesting comments from MS also and how she makes it clear they have nothing to do with it.

I think his meaning would have been clearer if he'd said "at most he is a person of interest" rather than "at the very highest".

I think the telling movement in this case is appointing Gary Jubelin as the lead detective - he is like a dog with a bone. (He is famous for his character in the Underbelly series 'Badness'). The moment he was appointed I knew this was sinister, difficult and ultimately, it would be resolved. The poor baby, it breaks my heart. I clutched on to the notion that it was perhaps a difficult custody issue and little William was alive. Now, I'm not so sure. I hope I'm wrong but it smacks of something sinister, a child being passed around ... all that yucky stuff.

And the fact that shortly after he went missing, we were told that unless evidence was found that WT had passed away, the investigation wouldn't be considered a homicide. And now they're calling it a homicide.. Connect the dots :(

The cameras in that search area still seem strange to me. Perhaps the revelation of the presence of those was the reason for the search.

Interesting comments from MS also and how she makes it clear they have nothing to do with it.

My partner and I do a lot of 4 wheel driving (thought we haven't been round the area in the search). But regarding cameras, in some areas they are put up by government bodies to catch people who drive in water catchment areas. There are massive fines (AU $10,000) if you're caught driving in such areas. A friend of ours is a police officer who used to ride around the bush on trial bikes, catching illegal drivers in bush areas. He told us some years ago that they were putting more and more cameras in the bush to catch people out. I've heard they are also used in some areas to catch people who dump rubbish illegally. I'm not familiar with the search area, but as far as I can ascertain, it's State Forest, so I wouldn't think you wouldn't be able to drive in it. I believe shooting is prohibited in that particular forest, but that changes on a regular basis I believe, so I'm not sure if shooting is prohibited in all of that state forest, or just parts of it. If they do allow shooting, it's possible they have cameras set up to make sure shooters are doing the right thing, as they are extremely strict on shooting in Aus and it's tightly watched/regulated. From what I understand, the cameras in the bush are powered by solar power.

I tried to find some more info on actually where the cameras were found regarding the search, which might give a better idea, but couldn't find anything.

This statement seems to be being mis-read and perhaps also taken out of context:

IMO, he is saying, in my own words based on what he said, 'at the very most, Spedding is considered merely a person of interest, however he is not the ONLY person of interest.'

Another newspaper quoted the officer as saying:

DS Willing said he was not a suspect.

“At the very highest he is a person of interest but he is not the only person of interest,” Superintendent Willing said.

“But he is not the only line on inquiry were working through in this case.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/william-tyrrell-bushland-search-for-missing-nsw-toddler/story-e6frg6nf-1227244060135

I'm pretty sure the masses would still get it wrong no matter how he said it. I have to say that I hate it when the public decide guilt before a person has his day in Court, nevermind before even being charged with an offence.

I think his meaning would have been clearer if he'd said "at most he is a person of interest" rather than "at the very highest".

So I guess 'at the very highest' or 'at the most' as things stand at the moment -
The police are still declaring BS as a person of interest (the only one named) but they are declaring they have other (unnamed) persons of interest as well. imo

I'm pretty sure the masses would still get it wrong no matter how he said it. I have to say that I hate it when the public decide guilt before a person has his day in Court, nevermind before even being charged with an offence.

Hard when the media zeroes in on one person and one person only.. I still don't understand that, from what I've read, there's one or two other people who should be focused on and I can only hope police know that and they're keeping quiet for now

So I guess 'at the very highest' or 'at the most' as things stand at the moment -
The police are still declaring BS as a person of interest (the only one named) but they are declaring they have other (unnamed) persons of interest as well. imo

It could be that they're going after someone that isn't BS, and they're releasing as little info as possible on the offchance he/she will be charged with murder, which means a jury, so they're hoping for a little bias as possible from a sensationalised media

It could be that they're going after someone that isn't BS, and they're releasing as little info as possible on the offchance he/she will be charged with murder, which means a jury, so they're wanting as unbiased jury as possible (ie no sensationalised media hype)

It could be that they're going after someone that isn't BS, and they're releasing as little info as possible on the offchance he/she will be charged with murder, which means a jury, so they're hoping for a little bias as possible from a sensationalised media

That's true. They might be hoping that another person gets cocky or arrogant and lets something slip. Never forget the lengths they went to for Daniel Morcombe. Admittedly that was all behind the scenes.

If this is the case though, that brings the whole 'to what end?' debate in. Is it right to sacrifice the well being, reputation and business of BS if he is innocent? I want justice for William just as much as anyone else, but I have to wonder if there is a better way to go about it than ruining a possibly innocent person.

Next member to post about any of the following is going on auto timeout.

As far as we're aware, to date, police have named only one person of interest. Please don't insinuate or name anyone else unless or until police publish names.

We still don't allow discussions about facebook comments. They're classed as rumour and rumours aren't allowed on WS.

And we still don't allow discussions about William's family history. I've lost count of the times I've posted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman