Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries!

I have to believe that police have something huge up their sleeves. If they don't, this is all just a huge mess. That's two massive, high profile searches that have turned up nothing.

What about the Victorian couple from The Haven (holiday park) who they questioned mid January? Why weren't their names released? Was their house searched? Why is only selective information being released?
I'm still reading through tonight's posts, but agree - they have been very selective in what they have released to the media. It is baffling! Really doing my head in!! Nothing about that Victorian couple - all about BS and their property.

The most bizarre thing about this case is that he was playing in the yard on a rural block in the quiet little town of Kendall. It wasn't like he was in a public area - or waiting for a bus etc. That window of opportunity was so slim, yet it happened. I hope they have had some success that they haven't yet released to the media.

And if it wasn't opportunistic, I'm thinking there must be a LOT of people/planning that went into it

The cameras in that search area still seem strange to me. Perhaps the revelation of the presence of those was the reason for the search.

Interesting comments from MS also and how she makes it clear they have nothing to do with it.
The cameras may have been there to observe wildlife. We have just had some cameras placed in the forest on our property - as part of a bigger project, to record wildlife in the area. I will try and find the pic of the cameras from the search area on day 1 of this search.

I think we would have heard about it if it was the case ... but sometimes cameras are set up by drug growers if there are illegal crops around.

Does anyone know if it's routine/not routine to allow media to take photos of the searches yesterday and today? What's the point of police taping off an area if photos can be taken and shared? Sorry if it's a silly question but I'm unaware of the ins and outs

Does anyone know if it's routine/not routine to allow media to take photos of the searches yesterday and today? What's the point of police taping off an area if photos can be taken and shared? Sorry if it's a silly question but I'm unaware of the ins and outs

Some photos can be taken beyond the police tape by high powered zoom lenses. But sometimes police let a cameraman into sealed off/prohibited areas too (for their own purposes, of course). An example of this is when they arrested Daniel Kelsall for the murder of Morgan Huxley. They let a cameraman follow along next to them and film them, leading an arrested Daniel Kelsall, all the way into the police underground parking garage and all the way to the lifts.

I get a feeling police have a strong idea where the body might actually be and are keeping tabs on the actual area while performing a few random searches near by slowly getting closer and closer to the place they actually want to search in the hope the POI heads there first and they can catch them in the act.

That's a good question. Also, how practical is it to seal off a forest from journalists with zoom lenses?

If you have collected things like coke cans and discarded items, I imagine having random people walking around would be counter productive.

ABC showed footage of the swamp this morning, before the divers had even got there.

"At the very highest he is a person of interest but he is not the only person of interest," Superintendent Willing said.
So, there are persons of interest that are not being named. This is doing my head in. Why only name Spedding? Is he the weakest link? Does he know something (and the police know that he knows) and they will place so much pressure on him that he will break? It seems like they are pointing the finger at him sooo much. Trying to make him look guilty as hell... but at the same time refusing to name him as a suspect.

It ties in with what Jubelin keeps saying (in no uncertain terms) about someone who knows something, and how there are certain crimes in society that no one should ever cover up for. It's like a message directed at Spedding.

The message I am getting from Jubelin and the team is: "Spedding - you know something and we are going to make your life a living hell until you break and tell us what you know." I mean, what is with these visits to his house and fruitless searches of bushland around his area? It's like an intimidation tactic.

If Spedding knows something - even if he is not guilty - the police will not give a damn if his life is ruined. To them, he would be almost as bad as the perp for covering up.

I get a feeling police have a strong idea where the body might actually be and are keeping tabs on the actual area while performing a few random searches near by slowly getting closer and closer to the place they actually want to search in the hope the POI heads there first and they can catch them in the act.
This is what I'm also thinking. The places they have searched have been so well publicised - it just seems odd to me. It's like they wanted the media to be there filming their every move!

Something is going on....

Just something I wanted to ask: How long does it usually take to get parts for a washing machine? Days? Weeks? I would expect to wait at least a week (maybe more) even for a popular brand still under warranty.

Wasn't it only 3 days from his visit till he had the part ready to install?

page 26
The media must never be allowed to enter a crime scene or premises being searched under warrant.
The police Multi media unit can provide a controlled and secure in house filming service for investigative purposes.
The police media unit can also film police activity for release to the media........................

I have not read it all but I am assuming the same for photo's.
I will have a read later.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/175269/Media_Policy_030913.pdf

Maybe they are doing round about searches in the hopes the perp will return to where the body is and they can catch him/her in the act because they may not be confident they'll find physical evidence for an arrest?

Mr Spedding was due to fix the washing machine around the time William went missing.
I am thinking a time was booked in for him to fix that machine. imo

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...enters-day-three/story-e6frfku9-1227247164427

We know the part arrived on Thursday, according to his mate Colin. So he may well have been in touch on Thursday to arrange a time for Friday. A little detail that may not have been revealed to the public by anyone.

The unanswered calls back and forth on Friday morning may or may not be crapola. "I thought the call on Friday was from the grandmother as I was scheduled to go there, so I tried to ring back. Oh, she says it wasn't from her? I can't check the number now, I deleted the calls. But I tried to call her later in the arvo as I didn't make it there in the morning. Was having coffee with the wife, then attending a school assembly."

Did they ever name a POI in Daniels investigation?

They said they had seven POIs in Daniel's case IIRC. No, just checked ... they had 33 POIs. They coded them P1, P2, P3 .....

"Solicitor for Bruce and Denise Morcombe, Peter Boyce, said P7 had been elevated to the top two persons of interest.

"He, of all of them (33 PoIs), is the only one that we can positively out of his own admission place as being at the scene twice," he said."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...el-morcombe-case/story-e6freoof-1226036231830

P7 was Brett Cowan, the murdering slime.

We know the part arrived on Thursday, according to his mate Colin. So he may well have been in touch on Thursday to arrange a time for Friday. A little detail that may not have been revealed to the public by anyone.

The unanswered calls back and forth on Friday morning may or may not be crapola. "I thought the call on Friday was from the grandmother as I was scheduled to go there, so I tried to ring back. Oh, she says it wasn't from her? I can't check the number now, I deleted the calls. But I tried to call her later in the arvo as I didn't make it there in the morning. Was having coffee with the wife, then attending a school assembly."

Yes maybe SA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member