Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have been reading throughout this whole case. I can't get it off my mind. I can't imagine what this poor family must be going through.

A couple of things that strike me:

1) I believe there was discussion somewhere earlier in this thread that BS put up a shed on his property. Questions:
a. Is this a mobile shed that can be taken down?
b. Is there a foundation?
c. Was the shed erected before or after William's disappearance?
Just thinking why would someone pay to put a shed on a rental property (that is unless it can be moved). If the shed was erected after the disappearance, wouldn't the police want to search underneath the shed?

2) It hasn't really been mentioned yet and maybe I watch to many crime shows but doesn't it seem likely that there was more than 1 person involved in the direct abduction? It seems that given the timing of everything it would be faster for someone to have been the driver and someone else in the back. Again maybe just too many crime shows, but I have seen ones where the driver drives a van right up beside someone, the side van door opens, a passenger pulls someone into the car and they drive away. This would be much faster than 1 person having done it themselves and might explain the small window of time this happened in.

Just thinking out loud......

On Wednesday, police excavated the burn-off section of the backyard, and also measured a concrete slab that was laid for a shed currently under construction. A development application for renovation of the house is believed to have been lodged some time last year.

The neighbours' wife, who also did not want to be named, said detectives asked them when the burn-off spot was last used and when the concrete slab in the yard was laid. 'Those were the only two things they were interested in,' she said

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html#ixzz3TS4NT6PL

there was discussion in this thread about the slab http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-259816.html

Does anyone recall BS's response to the questioning about the cement slab? Why would a renter do this? Why would you pay for a shed and foundation for a property you don't own? Who paid for it? The Landlord or BS? If BS - WHY? Either way, if he is the POI in an investigation, you would think this might be an important place to look. It's bothered me for a while.

Do not think his response was ever mentioned or who had it put in. I know it was discussed here on an earlier thread.

One article that mentions the concrete slab: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-nervous-breakdown-thanks-family-support.html

What's the significance in that? He's a repairman and they probably needed storage. It wasn't finished being built so there'd be next to no evidence there if he was complicit. And there's no way he'd build a shed that size without approval from the landlord. Anyone know when the slab was laid?

I know I'm clutching at straws here but the leather shoe that was found... Who wears leather shoes in the bush? And how does it get abandoned?

What's the significance in that? He's a repairman and they probably needed storage. It wasn't finished being built so there'd be next to no evidence there if he was complicit. And there's no way he'd build a shed that size without approval from the landlord. Anyone know when the slab was laid?

IMO the significance is that that wouldn't be the first time that something/one had been buried inside a cement slab and, the cement could cover up the appearance of disrupted grass/soil resulting from something being buried.

These questions came up when the Spedding POI broke. . AFAIK the above questions, have never been answered.
But i agree, very strange to erect a shed on a property you are renting unless, it's been completed by the owner, you have negotiated into the lease (FWIW - back when we were renting, we did negotiate a shed to be put in by the owners. The property didn't have one, and we needed storage.)
In saying that, BS may have needed somewhere to store items he was repairing!?
He seems fairly handy, so i don't think it would be too difficult to knock one up.
And if the lease on the house is long enough, i don't see why he wouldn't leave it there.

I completely agree that he may need storage. I would just love to know when the cement slab was laid.

Doubt police would spend 3 days looking in a forest before they'd eliminated the possibility of the shed cement slab.

Safe to say there is nothing connected to the slab.

IMO the significance is that that wouldn't be the first time that something/one had been buried inside a cement slab and, the cement could cover up the appearance of disrupted grass/soil resulting from something being buried.

Yes exactly what I was thinking. I felt like a moron after my last post, I didn't stop to think it could be used to bury someone. Something like that would be very easy for police to verify, just find the blokes who laid it. But I'm guessing that information wouldn't be released :(

Yes exactly what I was thinking. I felt like a moron after my last post, I didn't stop to think it could be used to bury someone. Something like that would be very easy for police to verify, just find the blokes who laid it. But I'm guessing that information wouldn't be released :(

On Wednesday, police excavated the burn-off section of the backyard, and also measured a concrete slab that was laid for a shed currently under construction. A development application for renovation of the house is believed to have been lodged some time last year.

The neighbours' wife, who also did not want to be named, said detectives asked them when the burn-off spot was last used and when the concrete slab in the yard was laid. 'Those were the only two things they were interested in,' she said.

http://www.capitalbay.com/australia...-to-do-with-william-tyrell-disappearance.html

snap amee!!!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/26511795/next-search-for-william-tyrrell-on-horizon/
A man's leather shoe was among the insignificant items pulled from the water.

In the two days before, officers found drink cans and wooden stakes, like boundary markers, which were sent off for forensic testing, a police source said.
Thanks i missed that sorry. Still waking up properly :s
I dont hold any hopes for the shoe. Ive travelled alot and the places ive found shoes never cease to amaze me. My husband is also one of those people that always manages to leave his pluggers behind everywhere we go.

I know I'm clutching at straws here but the leather shoe that was found... Who wears leather shoes in the bush? And how does it get abandoned?

Most horse, cattle, sheep owners have a good pair or 5 of leather shoes/boots. Not sure how you loose one but sometimes I change out of them before getting into the car.....could potentially leave one or both by accident I guess. However IMO the shoe won't be linked.

And also his phone blefuscu. I firmly believe that his phone record and its pings will be his undoing.

Ain't that the truth, if I was going to write "Murder For Dummies" 101 would be leave your cell phone at home.

<modsnip>.

Online banking, we download transaction histories all the time. Not sure if they provide the times though?
Not sure if this issue has been resolved yet, I'm having a difficulties keeping up, but in my experience with various institutions bank statements record the time, date and location of every transaction or 'withdrawal'. I use a debit card, visa and mastercard, and bankcard with eftpost and the time date and location is recorded on both my online transaction history and my hard copy banks statements.

(FWIW - back when we were renting, we did negotiate a shed to be put in by the owners. The property didn't have one, and we needed storage.)

Yes, while it's not the usual thing for tenants to build structures on a rented property, we have friends who asked for permission to build a garden shed in their backyard because they needed the storage, and the landlord had no problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3