Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this issue has been resolved yet, I'm having a difficulties keeping up, but in my experience with various institutions bank statements record the time, date and location of every transaction or 'withdrawal'. I use a debit card, visa and mastercard, and bankcard with eftpost and the time date and location is recorded on both my online transaction history and my hard copy banks statements.
Most of mine are aswell. But me and my husband have a joint account and both have a card for that account so just because a transaction is on there doesnt prove which one of us made it. I also have my own card to access all of the business accounts that are in my husbands name. In fact because i do the bookwork i use it more than him and also get any receipts i need made out to his name for tax purposes so on that basis alone i dont think a bank statement or receipt proves anything, even with a time stamped transaction on it.

Most of mine are aswell. But me and my husband have a joint account and both have a card for that account so just because a transaction is on there doesnt prove which one of us made it. I also have my own card to access all of the business accounts that are in my husbands name. In fact because i do the bookwork i use it more than him and also get any receipts i need made out to his name for tax purposes so on that basis alone i dont think a bank statement or receipt proves anything, even with a time stamped transaction on it.

Exactly. Not exactly an airtight alibi for BS, since anyone could have used that card- he could have given a pin number to anyone, may not have even been MS

OK I just logged onto my bank to check this. Mine does not have a time stamp. Date is the most amount of info relating to time. Ours also does differentiate between which card is used (mine or my partners)

:doh:So that *must* mean it would have to be 'Speddo's Hire', right? :doh:

The day that the van was sighted was reported on a Sunday (14th Sept). So, either one of the other 2, possibly 3 (that I can find), washer tradespeople that service that area but work from Bonny Hills and Laurieton drove their work van to visit a friend/relative at one of the 8 or so houses in that immediate vicinity where the police vehicles were (and chose not to park their van in the driveway) OR someone was very interested in what was going on.

And, just to add ... as we have said many times before, the searchers were asked to assemble at the fairgrounds and deploy in organised groups from that location.

I wonder whose house the van was parked in front of. Still wondering where that known-sex-offender-on-the-street lives.

And if it was Spedding, why did he take the van, on a Sunday? Why not take the family car? Did he have to say that he had a job to do, parts to pick up at the office, in order to get away from home with few questions?

Exactly. Not exactly an airtight alibi for BS, since anyone could have used that card- he could have given a pin number to anyone, may not have even been MS

Most small transactions don't need a pin number these days. Anyone can use a credit/debit card, so it only supports what he told them. It's not really evidence.

Does anyone know if Lake Cathie has been searched yet, in its entirety? I know they searched a swamp coming out of it yesterday but the rest of the lake?

Most horse, cattle, sheep owners have a good pair or 5 of leather shoes/boots. Not sure how you loose one but sometimes I change out of them before getting into the car.....could potentially leave one or both by accident I guess. However IMO the shoe won't be linked.
Yes my husband worked for Forestry - and I can remember him coming home several times to realise he only had one boot in the car after taking them off in the bush!

Aimy Spedding said her father-in-law had five children and many grandchildren who adored him.

"I was quite shocked when I first found out and I ended up leaving work," she said.

"He's lovely, he's a gentleman and for a father-in-law he is brilliant."

She said she had known the 63 year old for 17 years and asked people not to jump to conclusions.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-s...arance-of-william-tyrell-20150122-12vs8f.html

Aimy Spedding said her father-in-law had five children and many grandchildren who adored him.

"I was quite shocked when I first found out and I ended up leaving work," she said.

"He's lovely, he's a gentleman and for a father-in-law he is brilliant."

She said she had known the 63 year old for 17 years and asked people not to jump to conclusions.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-s...arance-of-william-tyrell-20150122-12vs8f.html

In fairness, how many family members would come out and say this bloke is guilty as hell? She's doing exactly what would be expected, guilty or innocent

OK I just logged onto my bank to check this. Mine does not have a time stamp. Date is the most amount of info relating to time. Ours also does differentiate between which card is used (mine or my partners)

I think I commented before early in the thread but was shot down as I'm not verified I only work in a bank. However with the place I work and the other bank accounts I have the CREDIT card statement does not show the time of transaction, only date. However my colleagues can look up a time on the internal system and this would be made available to LE on request (or with warrant more likely). EFTPOS transactions are different and some statements do show the time of transaction. IIRC WS friend said it was a credit card statement. Therefore I don't believe the time would have been on it.

Mr Spedding's van was spotted in William's grandmother's street in the week after he disappeared and as hundreds of volunteers scoured bush land for a trace of the toddler dressed in a Spider-Man suit.

Colin confirmed Mr Spedding had returned to the grandmother's home to fix the washing machine.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...close-to-breakdown-.html#sthash.EmVMq7zR.dpuf

I think it was earlier than 'in the week after', bearbear. Although it could have been seen in the week after as well.

William disappeared on Friday 12th ... 'a' washing machine repair van was seen on Sunday 14th, according to soso's link.

14 Sept 2014
The dozen or so cars parked out on the street all belong to people involved in the investigation - with the exception of a washing machine repair van.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2014/09/19/case-missing-superhero/

Has the grandma confirmed that he was there to fix the machine?

Colin Youngberry, a Vietnam veteran from Laurieton, says he has known Spedding for almost three decades and that Spedding is devastated to be linked to William’s disappearance. Margaret Spedding is Youngberry’s wife’s cousin. Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners.

Until four years ago Spedding, an electrician, and Margaret had lived in western NSW at Coonabarabran and Wellington. Four years ago they moved back to the mid-north coast, where Margaret was raised. They initially bought a unit, but sold that when they took on the guardianship of Margaret’s three grandchildren, and moved into larger rented premises to accommodate the boys, who came across from Wellington.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

Hi guys, this is my first time commenting on this case. I may be being extremely naive, but I just don't feel like BS is involved. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if it turns out he did interfere with poor little William, but he is really being crucified here, is it possible the police have focused in on one suspect and have their blinders on? The claremont case comes to mind... Anyways, just wanted to make some contribution considering I've been stalking this thread, thought I'd pop in to say hello. Fingers crossed the police are on the right track and William gets some justice asap.

Was it reported that it was Speddo's Hire, or that it was a washing machine repair truck?

No, you're right deugirtni. It wasn't reported as Spedding's van, only that is was a washing machine repair truck. My mistake on the date the van was seen in Benaroon Drive. It was reported on 14 September 2014, not the 19th as stated. Thanks Soso for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024