Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the camera was forensically examined and found to be set 2 hours in advance? I could be wrong. I'm not across every detail of this case.

It is this I am questioning ....

"Rather, I think if the photo was taken at 7:39 they lied to police saying it was taken later, and it just so happens that the camera settings were wrong and it looks like it was taken at 9:39 instead."

AFAIK there is nothing pointing to the photo 'being taken at 7:39' other than various people trying hard to fit another person(s) into that scene.

Monday's 15th Nov announcement in news.com.au:
Police launch new search for William Tyrrell, saying there’s ‘no doubt’ they’re looking for remains.
Police have revealed “many hundreds of officers” will search three locations in the area where William Tyrrell vanished more than seven years ago — and conceded that they are most likely looking for the little boy’s remains after new evidence came to light.

That's a lot of officers and a lot of confident language. I'm feeling certain that they know more than they can let on but that this time they are on the right track, (excuse the pun.)

I really feel like the Foster mother foolishly tried to hide what happened for fear of losing William's sister. I think the fact that she has come across as believable and trustworthy is because fundamentally she is of good character. However, I can't think of any explanation as to why she didn't ring ambulance if she found him injured. It really doesn't fit in with any normal maternal feelings. No matter what type of carer you are you would immediately try to save that child. How dead could he be that she felt there was no hope?
Going out on a limb.
The grandmothers car has been established as part of a crime scene or Williams sister has had a lot to say.
Likely both. The later led to the former maybe... IMO.

Purely speculative.

"Rather, I think if the photo was taken at 7:39 they lied to police saying it was taken later, and it just so happens that the camera settings were wrong and it looks like it was taken at 9:39 instead."

AFAIK there is nothing pointing to the photo 'being taken at 7:39' other than various people trying hard to fit another person(s) into that scene.

This is the first I have seen of any explanation

At one stage, the inquest was halted after the coroner agreed to an application by counsel Michelle Swift, who was appearing for William’s biological father, to send that last photograph of William for further testing.

A photographic metadata expert said that the photograph was “created” at 7.39am and “corrected” at 9.37am, which would have resulted in a “missing” two hours.

The original report from X-Ways forensic software said: “Created: 12/09/2014 07:39:54. Corrected time: 12/09/2014 09:37:44.”

But then it goes on to say this.....

William’s foster parents told police that the timer on the camera was off by about two hours and it is understood that further investigations have confirmed that.

William Tyrrell: Inside the police thinking on the case | Daily Telegraph

After WT went missing? In this new context, I am not sure what that means... Does that mean after he was injured/harmed but before they called police for help?
Not sure - but it would have to have been manually altered after those photos were taken, which she claims was at 9.37am. She didn’t mention jumping on her computer to upload photos from her camera while the kids were playing or she was having a cup of tea, so I have to assume that the altering of the photo metadata had to have happened after WT went missing.

From another poster above.

... a newly revealed document from the inquest’s brief of evidence, obtained by The Australian, says the jpeg photograph was “created” at 7.30am and “corrected” at 9.37am.

... the report by X-Ways forensic software reads: “Created 12/09/2014 07:39:54 Corrected time: 12/09/2014 09:37:44”.

From another poster aboe.

... a newly revealed document from the inquest’s brief of evidence, obtained by The Australian, says the jpeg photograph was “created” at 7.30am and “corrected” at 9.37am.

... the report by X-Ways forensic software reads: “Created 12/09/2014 07:39:54 Corrected time: 12/09/2014 09:37:44”.

Although on the second reading of this, forensics sometimes use the term 'corrected' to mean 'the correct time' (the same way a premature baby has a birthday and a corrected birthday) meaning, the time stamp said 7:39 but when it was 'corrected' to the proper time the camera should have been, it was actually 9:37. It doesn't necessarily mean that the photo was edited or changed.

Thanks Doc.....
So the tea was made about 10:00am (roughly) , and possibly FM left the house for the drive and returned by 10:30ish, and at 11:06 when Rowley arrived the tea was still warm????

Does tea stay warm for an hour??? (I don't drink tea, but my coffee would be undrinkable after an hour)

Just wondering?? and wondering how it all fits with the timeline??? And WHY that question was asked??? Was it so obscure to catch someone by surprise??

JMO

Hmmm lava water maybe JMO

The discrepancy got leaked due to the coronial inquest. The coroner urgently ordered investigators to forensically examine the photos to find out definitively what time the photos were taken and what caused the time difference. If police were able to reach a conclusive answer to this, it has not been made public yet.

Mystery over last photo of William Tyrrell

I can't quickly find a link to any report of the result of the forensic examination, however I think I recall something about the foster parents saying that the camera was 'still on Bali time'.

Bali is currently 3 hours behind Sydney, but we are on DST, so 2 hours behind NSW would be about right without DST.

I guess that depends on the area/region. Opportunistic abductions of kids in cities is, unfortunately, not too rare.

However, down a dead end road in a country backwater, where lurkers would stand out, and where comings and goings tend to be noticed, it's hard to make a case for opportunistic abduction.

I guess the proximity of the bush could make people imagine that a bogey man (pedo) sprang out and swiped William in a flash and quickly dissappered into thicket never to be seen again. I have never bought that scenario.

Frankly, as for motive, originally I thought it most likely that the bio parents may have hired someone to follow the foster family and grab William when opportunity arose, but they would have had to be hanging around in plain view of locals waiting for the off chance that William may come within grabbing reach of them.

Also, having since read quite a bit about the bio family, I strongly doubt that they would have had the wherewithal to organize such a plot.

The only thing that DOES (unfortunately) make the scenario likely is the whole area was crawling with paedophiles, which was uncovered during the course of this investigation.

The only thing that DOES (unfortunately) make the scenario likely is the whole area was crawling with paedophiles, which was uncovered during the course of this investigation.

I'm not sure 'crawling with pedos' sums it up, although there were definitley some in the region and the police rounded them up among the (incredible!) 600 or so persons of interest.

I noticed the same. He seems awfully close with the FM. I'm not sure if there is something more to that, but it's unusual and seems unprofessional that he would publicly come out defending them when they have been charged with assaulting a minor. Bizarro!!!!

Not only that, but incredibly short sighted! If it is the intention to charge FM, a statement like that by the lead detective on the case for 4 years would be the main argument of the defence to cast a reasonable doubt. Honestly, what was he thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper