Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the upthread comment that FP had been investigating adoption does strengthen idea of a complete accident, but cover up due to desperation about loosing other child as well.
But I don’t think anyone could get through the grief and orchestrate the cover up so quickly.

I understand that the FM said shoes were on (due to bindiis and dog poo), and MSM says LE are doubting that, and that photo shows no shoes, but what difference does it make? Why would she lie about that?
(Genuine question)
I bet they found a shoe. I read somewhere about police looking for an object that came out of a car? Or LT has said something about it

But what are they seeing now? Unless this investigation is fruitful, it's back to square one, the abduction story still holds, other POI need to be investigated.

Fresh eyes on cold cases is always a good idea, I agree with you, but I'm not a parent with a missing child, I don't know what I'd say or do in those circumstances, but others seem so convinced they'd know exactly how they'd act in the same situation. Not about a child missing for minutes, I've experienced that, but missing for months and then, years.

Neither of us know what they’re seeing. But right now they’re saying they have one POI and they’ve made it clear who that is. So now we wait and see.

Why are these people given such a pass here? They were the last people to see him. No one seemed to mind when other people, since cleared, had their lives ripped apart as suspects, so publicly, lives ruined, without the privilege of being anonymous that these people have had. What’s so special about them?

Only according to their own testimony. To my knowledge there’s no independent verification of this.
It just doesn't seem natural that the kids would be out there drawing and calmly playing out so early. I'd think at 7:30-ish they would be hungry and half asleep and would want pancakes and OJ before lounging on the patio and colouring. JMO

Not only that, but incredibly short sighted! If it is the intention to charge FM, a statement like that by the lead detective on the case for 4 years would be the main argument of the defence to cast a reasonable doubt. Honestly, what was he thinking.

I imagine that he was thinking that it was unjust of it to be said that their team investigation was a mess. Even as actions that were taken were signed off by higher officers.

He owes the police dept no loyalty, at all. Not any more.

During an interview with Nine radio, the former detective said he had interrogated, formally interviewed and released the foster-parents, with a "covert operation running" which involved placing a bug in their car to listen to their conversations.

"Based on the answers to those questions and also the information that we gathered during the covert operation, they were again eliminated," he said.

Former lead detective reveals police bugged car of William Tyrrell's foster-parents

For me the upthread comment that FP had been investigating adoption does strengthen idea of a complete accident, but cover up due to desperation about loosing other child as well.
But I don’t think anyone could get through the grief and orchestrate the cover up so quickly.
I wonder what the FFC does for a living? Not seeking medical attention and being able to act sort of calmly would make more sense if she was a medical professional of some form.

Only according to their own testimony. To my knowledge there’s no independent verification of this.

This. I have been wondering if they actually could have been out on the deck at 7.30-ish. If WT was super excited to be at FGM's house (as FFC implied), he could have been keen to get ready and get outside early.

I think the shoes are key here. Not the time stamps. Imo.

That's what I'm thinking. That they've found the shoes.

Either literally found them in a bush or a creek, or seen them in a photo that was taken after his disappearance. Perhaps when they were reviewing the evidence for the inquest or even when investigating the time stamp on the deck photo.

They've seen them in a photo after the event, gone back to the initial statements from FM where she said he was wearing the shoes when he went missing.

If the FM had simply been mistaken, she would of discovered the shoes before leaving FGMs house and told the police 7 years ago. JMO. Pure speculation.

Last edited:
sorry to contradict CO but initially FFC set out from the Benaroon dr house by herself down to Batar Creek rd. where she looked in reeds down near the bus stop and heard the strange bird cry and then went out onto BC road and drove up to the riding school and then returned. FFC only went to AMS after the MFC had returned and he began looking. After talking with AMS, she volunteered to help look. They walked down Benaroon st together and split up at Ellendale. AMS went down to Batar Cr. rd thinking the bus stop might be attractive to little kids cause it has paintings on it. They then met up again with FFC saying she'll have to phone the police and went back up to the house. My info comes from the inquest from AMS.

I would have a cell phone with me
I bet they found a shoe. I read somewhere about police looking for an object that came out of a car? Or LT has said something about it

This. I have been wondering if they actually could have been out on the deck at 7.30-ish. If WT was super excited to be at FGM's house (as FFC implied), he could have been keen to get ready and get outside early.

IIRC, the foster mothers statement to police was that William was up early watching kids TV shows in the foster father's room.

Because you believe that it supports your story.

Because you panicked. Thinks: this terrible accident is going to ruin my adoption plans.

These were not my questions, and I wasn't seeking answers to them. They were questions other people in the thread asked. I was pointing out these questions assumed the person in question would be behaving logically and rationally after committing a crime. That is usually only the case in premeditated scenarios, not accidental ones. So an accidental cover up should assume illogical answers to these questions, based on emotional response in a high stress situation. Which is why I believe police are reinvestigating the initial statements again now. Just my opinion though, I am not a member of LE.

They solve them when they find irrefutable proof and/or get a confession. Getting the latter usually requires putting a lot of heat on the chief suspect(s).

A large portion of police training, especially for detectives is behavioural studies. That training is part of what enables them to find irrefutable proof or get a confession. Understanding the way people behave in high stress situations is part of behavioural studies.

There's no questioning of police motives. The police are very publicly conducting a thorough search for evidence that a cover up of one sort or another has possibly occurred.

But there is questioning of police's motives for conducting the search/investigating the photographs?
"Why would the FF move the body back to their property?"
"Why would the FF bury the body on a property they were selling?"
"Why would FF change the metadata"
"Why the focus on the shoes?"
All of these are questions of motive for why police are searching the area now.
I was simply suggesting police probably aren't asking "Why would they" but instead asking "Is it possible they..." and then eliminating the improbabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member