Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the foster mothers statement to police was that William was up early watching kids TV shows in the foster father's room.
He was watching videos on FF phone. Which makes me wonder, if the internet reception was so bad to need to drive into town for work, how could you watch videos off your phone? Streaming services like Netflix werent even a thing then.

I don't think his comments are interesting. He had 4 years to find WT and didn't, instead, he led the whole of Australia on a circus adventure. I think he should stay in his lane now and continue writing terrible books.
yeah I have to agree.

I used to hold GJ in high regard but he didnt solve Williams case, he has no answers, he has no right to deject and sabotage the ongoing investigation. And he is.

MOO

He was watching videos on FF phone. Which makes me wonder, if the internet reception was so bad to need to drive into town for work, how could you watch videos off your phone? Streaming services like Netflix werent even a thing then.
Many Australians had a US Netflix account to watch streaming media in Australia before William went missing in 2014.
Offline viewing of Netflix by downloading content did not get launched until 2016.
The Australian version of Netflix launched in 2015.

Downloading of TV and movies via P2P software and transferring to your mobile devices for offline viewing was also going on well before 2014.

There's also home made videos that could have been what was happening in the watching videos statement.

But what are they seeing now? Unless this investigation is fruitful, it's back to square one, the abduction story still holds, other POI need to be investigated.

I am guessing that what they are doing now is fulfilling the Coroner's orders to get all aspects completely covered. And then deliver her verdict.

FGM's car hadn't been previously forensically examined.
The garden hadn't been dug in areas that could involve an accident and cover up.
The area where FM drove to that day had not been forensically checked.

Once that is done, is there anything left on the Coroner's plate to be done?

If she makes an open verdict, the case hangs (I believe) unless new information comes along.

Last edited:
I can't find the post any more sorry, but someone was talking about editing metadata being a complicated process. Although it might not be a general sort of knowledge everyone has, it really isn't a difficult process. You can do it from the camera itself (which is the easiest way in my personal opinion) or on a PC with software, or even by uploading it to the web and using a free web based extractor and editor. But at the end of the day, the image will always show the metadata has been edited in some way. Which is why I said it would be a pretty easy check for LE to see if the metadata of the old photo's on the family holiday when the camera was purchased was set to the same time as the proof of life photo and determine easily if there was any relevance to the claim that the camera was purchased in Bali and thus the time difference.

I learned how to check for any changes to the metadata in photos both on a DSLR camera and on a PC in my first photojournalism class. It was part of learning how to deduce when a tip/lead was genuine. A lot of photo hoaxes are sent to news rooms in the digital age so it was considered a standard part of my course to learn about it.
In fact, it's actually this metadata evidence that drew me to look into what people knew about this case. I was surprised the Bali rationale was accepted. Assuming the seller had set it to local time for them, the reversal of the minutes (7:39 original metadata, 9:37 edited metadata) always bothered me. There shouldn't be a 2-min time difference there. It should be 7:39 and 9:39 or 7:37 and 9:37 if the metadata wasn't edited manually because that just isn't how it works. If the PC just autofixed the metadata the minutes should always stay the same and only the hour should change. That's just how digital internal clocks work when they switch time zones.

A lot of people have celebrity worship of characters like GJ and cannot see past their bias. Seems like he can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.

That was a quick change of your post. I wondered who JB was.
I'm afraid your comment has nothing at all to do with my post. Thanks.

My post was about normal human responses to accusations.

I have been wondering if shoes have been found as well? However I think this search was planned around the time the Coroner last visited Kendall, and FGM's car was only retrieved last week....

Unless perhaps they were down in the well where the spare tyre is kept?? Under the board in the back? Forgotten??

Otherwise the shoe aspect is still a mystery, to me anyway....

IMO
I’m definitely buying the shoes have possibly been found hence all the focus on were they on or off. It is certainly a strong possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member