Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting. It reminds me of the (very swift) response by FF about the horse fall today. Putting it out in the public to give reasonable doubt as to the guilt.

Seems like a consistent MO of the FF.

i said that when I posted the story and link about the horse fall - creating reasonable doubt already as to cause of injury..........

It's interesting. It reminds me of the (very swift) response by FF about the horse fall today. Putting it out in the public to give reasonable doubt as to the guilt.

Seems like a consistent MO of the FF.

i said that when I posted the story and link about the horse fall - creating reasonable doubt already as to cause of injury..........
I'm sorry, this isn't just about loyalty to the police force. His comments could sabotage the prosecution of the person who harmed or took WT.
Either it's short-sited or purposeful sabotage. I mean... short-sighted sounds a lot better, doesn't it?

Purposeful sounds about right. I watched his interview on TV and he is a bitter man, he would say something and then say I was taken off the case, he made it about the FPS but a lot of bitterness came through from him about himself

Maybe not streamed, prerecorded, if the reception was that bad.

Yes the internet did exist way back then seven years ago and yes there was streaming. Foxtel started streaming in 2009.
Plus there was ABC Iview which started in 2008.

He was watching videos on FF phone. Which makes me wonder, if the internet reception was so bad to need to drive into town for work, how could you watch videos off your phone? Streaming services like Netflix werent even a thing then.

IF the events were an accident and covered up (I am not passing judgement that this is what happened btw, this is my opinion) I feel that there could have been the hope that his body would be found and explained away (dependent on injuries, if any) as misadventure, got lost in the bush, fell down a hole, etc. When the focus becomes clear on an abduction, and no body found, I guess you'd run with that angle.

Suddenly remembering ( after a solo trip with your mind as company to the airport) days later you saw two cars that morning would have helped deflect suspicion on you.

Just my own opinion.

The 2 cars allegedly seen has me wondering about possible scenarios and likelihoods.

For any "planned" abduction of a minor, 2 cars would be highly unnecessary.

For any "planned" abduction of a minor, one would assume they would likely only risk having 1 car, if any, in sight.

It would make no difference if there was 1 or 2 cars if this was an abduction.

Why risk the possibility of each car being sighted by witnesses if only one was required?

Are abductors likely to work solo?

I wonder what weight detectives gave this info? IMO

I am guessing that what they are doing now is fullfilling the Coroners orders to get all aspects completely covered. And then deliver her verdict.

I believe she was due to publish her findings, a process already delayed by COVID, when the police told her that they were following up a new tip and needed a few weeks to act on it.

IIRC, she was reportedly not too pleased to have yet another delay and said "OK, but hurry up!" ... or words to that effect.

This is the first I have seen of any explanation

At one stage, the inquest was halted after the coroner agreed to an application by counsel Michelle Swift, who was appearing for William’s biological father, to send that last photograph of William for further testing.

A photographic metadata expert said that the photograph was “created” at 7.39am and “corrected” at 9.37am, which would have resulted in a “missing” two hours.

The original report from X-Ways forensic software said: “Created: 12/09/2014 07:39:54. Corrected time: 12/09/2014 09:37:44.”

But then it goes on to say this.....

William’s foster parents told police that the timer on the camera was off by about two hours and it is understood that further investigations have confirmed that.

William Tyrrell: Inside the police thinking on the case | Daily Telegraph

Thanks SLouTh, it appears the photo business has been cleared.
No wonder the investigation has moved to the 96 minutes, clock starts counting after FF leaves the FGM's home and places the FM as the new POI. The photos are evidence of proof of life for WT up until approximately 9.37 am.

I believe she was due to publish her findings, a process already delayed by COVID, when the police told her that they were following up a new tip and needed a few weeks to act on it.

IIRC, she was reportedly not too pleased to have yet another delay and said "OK, but hurry up!" ... or words to that effect.

I tend to think that this is her counsel going through line by line to see what has been missed.

I don't think there is a new tip. I think the 'new information' is that several important (perhaps exclusionary) items had been missed.

Yeah it is weird, as I've said before I work with children and seeing forehead bruises from head bumps and bruising on the apples of the cheeks isn't that uncommon (I've seen them happen from simple slip and trip falls, accidents with jumping off equipment, things like that) but a black eye like that I've never seen. Not saying it's inevitably nefarious! It's just unusual.

My two children were 15 mths apart and would knock heads when romping around regularly. Rough and tumble, black eyes and broken bones. I have photos of their shiners.

IMO, the only significant people questioning the motives of the police are the foster parents ... and maybe also Gary Jubelin.
I think you are mistaking my use of the word motive for a moral one. I more mean motive as "reason for their search in that area." Which I think is pretty obvious by my posts. I think it is pretty obvious from my posts I was explaining exactly why police would look in those areas even if it seemed illogical to people asking questions like, "But why would the FF do that." I was literally just saying don't expect people who have committed crimes to behave logically, because the police don't expect them to and that is how they catch them.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to quote me and respond so antagonistically. It's a weird way to behave toward a new member who has made like 3 posts and knows absolutely no one on the forums. Just saying.

PS had a birds-eye view of the house while he was having his tea and toast.
Who might have said he/she witnessed William falling?

Why so late in the piece?
Why now?

NoCookies | The Australian

A report by Caroline Overington in 2020 (above but paywalled) suggested that PS had been harassing FGM. I wonder if he felt a strong sense of misguided loyalty towards her? His propensity for misinterpreting the nature of his relationship with at least one woman other than his wife was well-documented. Perhaps with the passing of FGM, he felt his loyalty was no longer required. I also wonder if the recordings of his ramblings after his wife’s death were a way in which to deal with the trauma of what he may have witnessed? IMO

Just wondering how you think he is sabotaging? He was asked a question. He gav3 an honest answer.
Gary has a very high celebrity status (there is even an underbelly revolving around him) his opinion will be reverred by potential jurors.
Everyone will always remember this statement from him about the foster mother.
He knows all this. We all do.

Grandstanding your team doesn't make them any less innocent or guilty. Its influential and very egotistical and adding to the *advertiser censored* show.
His feelings about them justify why he was removed. He has lost his objectivity.

And considering he no longer is privy to investigations, its extremely uncalled for.

moo

Last edited:
The issue isn't that GJ defended his investigation. The issue is that he gave an opinion on a current POI. A positive reference, no less.

A person's character is a huge part of whether they are found to be credible or not, and the main part of convincing a jury is to cast doubt on the defendant's credibility.

Should a POI be prosecuted the DPP following an investigation by police, it is beyond comprehension that the POI's credibility could be bolstered by comments from a detective that worked on the case.

It's the equivalent of a defence lawyer walking in and saying to the judge his client is a bit suss.

There are sides. Police investigate and charge. Defence lawyers defend.

Police do not cause doubt to be raised about a person's culpability when charges could be imminent. It's like handing the defence a package with a winning argument. That is the issue with what he has said.

Last edited:
Neither of us know what they’re seeing. But right now they’re saying they have one POI and they’ve made it clear who that is. So now we wait and see.

Why are these people given such a pass here? They were the last people to see him. No one seemed to mind when other people, since cleared, had their lives ripped apart as suspects, so publicly, lives ruined, without the privilege of being anonymous that these people have had. What’s so special about them?
True, BS's grandkids were removed, he was charged with historic child abuse and later cleared, he was villified and followed, unemployable he says, and he's within his rights to sue. I see it's happening again, maybe, this time they've got it right, maybe, not.
I agree, we wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member