Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of my post is that he has media lawyers to help steer him, while he is doing his media work.

As a free person, who is a police expert, he is stating his opinions and saying what he did do - when he was in a position to do something.
No more or less than any other expert they regularly consult would do.

I heard him clearly say that he has no idea what has gone on in the investigation in the past two years.

IMO

He has no right to disclose operational information about this case. None. I hope that there is some penalty against him. IMO.

Caroline Overington (CO) is also saying FF left at 9:30am and phone records have been checked.....

About 9.30am, William’s foster father left the house. We know this is true because his phone has been tracked. He made a Skype call from an area with better internet connection, then picked up a paper and dropped by the chemist to fill a script.

But from previous statements (timeline)

8.55-9.00 MFC leaves, FFC said in her evidence that the MFC had already left when kids were riding bikes on the driveway.

The day little William vanished into thin air … (theaustralian.com.au)

IMO

Caroline Overington (CO) is also saying FF left at 9:30am and phone records have been checked.....

About 9.30am, William’s foster father left the house. We know this is true because his phone has been tracked. He made a Skype call from an area with better internet connection, then picked up a paper and dropped by the chemist to fill a script.

8.55-9.00 MFC leaves, FFC said in her evidence that the MFC had already left when kids were riding bikes on the driveway.

IMO

Interesting, I thought I saw FM say somewhere else that the kids were riding their bikes on the driveway waiting for FF to return.

She did an awful lot with the children, didn't she?

Made eggs, drawing, climbing trees, bike riding, pencils, dice, dressed them, took photos for her photo book, "mommy tiger". Awfully busy "supermom!".

IMO.

GJ did go hard on the mfc at one stage , as I have read the statement.
He questioned him about are phone that was canceled prior to ff arriving in Kendall.
Ff couldn't explain it , and stated he had no knowledge of are second phone in his name.
He questioned him about having an affair, he went threw the theroys of William being accidentally ran over .
He was questioned on why He had celebrity names under clients numbers in his phones.
After that interview there car was also bugged .
Alot of this information CO has published in her articles.

Great info. How has this not been debated and determined during the inquest? It makes total sense then that it was manually altered

I am not really sure if this is correct, but I had thought the coroner had wanted it investigated when they noted the discrepancy. I had been assuming that was the new info that LE had earlier on that was encouraging them to talk about new leads in the case to the media. The coroner confirmed that there was an original and an edited time in the photo's* metadata and these times don't stack up how they should. The response from the FF also made me feel like this was their lead. But that was just my assumption of what might have prompted them to look at everything again. And I made that assumption before the news of the AVO's broke. The nature of the AVOs does perhaps suggest there is the chance of LT speaking about remembering something that encouraged police to reassess their early steps. So that is a credible assumption for folks to make too, really.

Another person in these threads suggest something being dislodged with the floods, which I had not considered but also seems like it could be a solid possibility as all kinds of earth would be disturbed by flood waters.

I think it's odd that they spoke about inheriting a "messy" case and that really is probably just a bit of politics. Or, in a TV style situation, GJ has been in on everything all along and he is still actually working the case undercover and making these statements to the media to garner the FFCs trust further and elicit a secret confession. But honestly, that's a script for Law & Order really and not reality haha

*first post said "phone's" not "photo's" (-‸ლ) thanks auto correct.

Last edited:
He has no right to disclose operational information about this case. None. I hope that there is some penalty against him. IMO.

I'm not for or against GJ, but the true crime podcast and online communities would literally disappear if this notion applied to all past and present investigators and cases! Including websleuths ;) He can't really harm a current investigation that he is not part of - the current team are doing their thing and following their theories.

The issue isn't that GJ defended his investigation. The issue is that he gave an opinion on a current POI. A positive reference, no less.

A person's character is a huge part of whether they are found to be credible or not, and the main part of convincing a jury is to cast doubt on the defendant's credibility.

Should a POI be prosecuted the DPP following an investigation by police, it is beyond comprehension that the POI's credibility could be bolstered by comments from a detective that worked on the case.

It's the equivalent of a defence lawyer walking in and saying to the judge his client is a bit suss.

There are sides. Police investigate and charge. Defence lawyers defend.

Police do not cause doubt to be raised about a person's culpability when charges could be imminent. It's like handing the defence a package with a winning argument. That is the issue with what he has said.
I agree that in the current circumstances GJ comment should be “no comment”. Nothing to see here folks.

IMO

I’m 4 eps into the podcast where the FFC describes the entire morning and I don’t recall any mention of bike riding, which is odd. I’ll see if it comes up in later episodes I guess. I’m wondering what the discrepancies might be in this podcast (that has been subpoenaed for all the raw audio).

I think it's odd that they spoke about inheriting a "messy" case and that really is probably just a bit of politics. Or, in a TV style situation, GJ has been in on everything all along and he is still actually working the case undercover and making these statements to the media to garner the FFCs trust further and elicit a secret confession. But honestly, that's a script for Law & Order really and not reality haha

Pretty sure that's just them trying to proffer a reasonable excuse for the "you're looking at the scene of the disappearance and FM only NOW?" incredulity that we all feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper