Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapman testified twice at the inquiry, I'm not sure about the truck driver, I used 'testify' to mean those people telling police their version of events. The truck driver stating they saw a plump blonde woman has been discussed in various previous threads. Eg.

Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #40

<modsnip - not an approved link>

Testifying is not 'telling the police'. Whereas telling something to Police may be backed up by a written Statement and then you may be called if the matter goes to Court or a Coronial Inquiry to testify to what detail was included in the written Statement is my understanding.

<modsnip> There is no way of proving there was any truck driver present at any time at any place who witnessed anything on 12/9/2014. Unless of course the NSWPOL did locate a truck driver that drove along Batar Creek Road and stated the they witnessed the FFC at any time between the hours between the 5th photograph taken by FFC and the 000 call made by the FFC, driving along Batar Creek Road.

Thanks for supplying links to verify Mr Chapman testified at the Coronial Inquiry.

Last edited by a moderator:
And all of the searches that they have been doing are of where the FC either drove to or was at. Definitely IMO has been some form of tip-off or admission that has raised suspicion on teh FC
I agree they are focusing entirely on the FM. I am just not sure how much evidence that they have to base their suspicions on.

In my gut, I think they went back to the beginning to start over, and decided she was never really investigated so this is the time to do so. I can agree with that. I just hope they aren't going to pull a 'Spedding' on her and force things that are not correct.

That comment by the magistrate made me even more suspicious that this might be an over zealous prosecution, springing up before our eyes.

Last edited:
Your description makes sense. I had read that they were looking for anomalies under the concrete in the garage, which I thought meant a buried body.
And I thought the pond was drained to search for a body.

The creek was drained per normal investigative practice, I had read somewhere the body finder said something about topographic waterways, but for now re standard practice:

William Tyrrell investigation: NSW Police drain creek near foster grandmother’s Kendall home | 7NEWS

In this article, the detective has said they they usually look for where the body has been, and where it may have been moved, so maybe they thought the person had come back and moved it later to under the concrete slab?

William Tyrrell case explained by Australia's greatest detective Rod Iddles | Daily Mail Online

Testifying is not 'telling the police'. Whereas telling something to Police may be backed up by a written Statement and then you may be called if the matter goes to Court or a Coronial Inquiry to testify to what detail was included in the written Statement is my understanding.

If you are not sure about the truck driver, I can't understand why you included the truck driver in your discussion. There is no way of proving there was any truck driver present at any time at any place who witnessed anything on 12/9/2014. Unless of course the NSWPOL did locate a truck driver that drove along Batar Creek Road and stated the they witnessed the FFC at any time between the hours between the 5th photograph taken by FFC and the 000 call made by the FFC, driving along Batar Creek Road.

Thanks for supplying links to verify Mr Chapman testified at the Coronial Inquiry.

I said they both testify I didn't say 'in their testimony'. Testify exists as a normal verb outside of courtrooms.

Definition of testify

intransitive verb

1: to make a solemn declaration under oath for the purpose of establishing a fact (as in a court)
2a: to make a statement based on personal knowledge or belief : bear witness
b: to serve as evidence or proof
3: to express a personal conviction

Testify Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

I'm not sure about anything as I'm not a detective or the coroner. If I've read on this site or in the news that two people "testify" to seeing a plump blonde women, and it has been mentioned in this thread and apparently others, am I unable to discuss this?

If you look at this ariel view picture of the distance from fgm to the riding club, fm drove it's fair distance away.

William Tyrrell: Police dig up Kendall riding school site in search for missing boy | Daily Mail Online

The previous Riding for Disabled club is about 500 metres from the end of Benaroon Drive. The junction where the Riding for Disabled school used to be is likely the best and closest place to turn the car around imo.

If you look at this screenshot, you can see how narrow Batar Creek Road is, and how the junction by the (previous) Riding for Disabled school location provides a turnaround point.

az.JPG

Google Maps

Last edited:
Your description makes sense. I had read that they were looking for anomalies under the concrete in the garage, which I thought meant a buried body.
And I thought the pond was drained to search for a body.

Anomalies under concrete or any ground-based surface (like lawned or garden bed areas) could mean changes in soil compaction. Look at it this way. When you dig a hole in earth, and then try and place back the earth that was removed, it is nigh impossible to get the ground to the same level it was prior to digging the hole and that level will be determined by the type of soil present and plant or mineral matter contained within the soil profile and air present within the soil profile.

Then this scenario. If you dig a hole and place a item (that will disintegrate/decompose) into a hole, then fill in the hole with earth to the same level of surrounding earth, the item that will disintegrate/decompose over time (any item - could be an apple) once the item has disintegrated/decomposed, any remaining fluids will disburse through the soil and the surface will sink.

If a body is placed in the ground and covered by earth, the body will eventually disintegrate. Any plants/grass/trees nearby may put on a growth spurt after taking up nutrients released by the disintegrating body. A cursory look through old cemeteries gives a perfect example of how soil compaction is altered by decomposition of a buried body and the material a burial casket. Nearby plants/shrubs/flowers/trees will show healthy growth. Plants further away will normally show lesser growth.

Anomalies under concrete or any ground-based surface (like lawned or garden bed areas) could mean changes in soil compaction. Look at it this way. When you dig a hole in earth, and then try and place back the earth that was removed, it is nigh impossible to get the ground to the same level it was prior to digging the hole and that level will be determined by the type of soil present and plant or mineral matter contained within the soil profile and air present within the soil profile.

Then this scenario. If you dig a hole and place a item (that will disintegrate/decompose) into a hole, then fill in the hole with earth to the same level of surrounding earth, the item that will disintegrate/decompose over time (any item - could be an apple) once the item has disintegrated/decomposed, any remaining fluids will disburse through the soil and the surface will sink.

If a body is placed in the ground and covered by earth, the body will eventually disintegrate. Any plants/grass/trees nearby may put on a growth spurt after taking up nutrients released by the disintegrating body. A cursory look through old cemeteries gives a perfect example of how soil compaction is altered by decomposition of a buried body and the material a burial casket. Nearby plants/shrubs/flowers/trees will show healthy growth. Plants further away will normally show lesser growth.
Edit to include. the ground penetrating radar equipment used at search sites, is able to detect changes that have occurred within soil under-surface profile. I have personally observed ground-penetrating radar equipment in use. Fascinating to see what lies under your feet!

Right, so as I said, it appears as though they were looking for a burial site or a body under the concrete. Essentially they have searched about 7 areas for his body.

The previous Riding for Disabled club is about 500 metres from the end of Benaroon Drive. The junction where the Riding for Disabled school used to be is likely the best and closest place to turn the car around imo.

If you look at this screenshot, you can see how narrow Batar Creek Road is, and how the junction by the (previous) Riding for Disabled school location provides a turnaround point.

View attachment 323927

Google Maps

From the concreted driveway of 48 Benaroon it is 474 metres to the cnr of Benaroon and Batar Creek Road. From 48 Benaroon concreted driveway it is 1019 metres to the junction of Batar Creek Road and Cobb and Co Road. Therefore from the junction of Benaroon and Batar Creek Road it is 545 metres. The below Google Earth satellite image using GE path tool measurement.

upload_2021-11-25_12-6-25.png

Even if WT's remains are found where they are looking it will be a miracle if they can come up with a cause of death, let alone identify a suspect, then prove it, which is OK. Maybe WT's legacy will be in regards to how missing child cases are handled in the future? Let the lessons fall where they belong, police will probably have to wear a lot of criticism, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if it means there are better outcomes down the track for other cases.

In the Gabby Petito case, they used a forensic anthropologist to discover the cause of death and it was suicide. If it was an accident, I would predict that there would be broken bones.

Brian Laundrie autopsy update: Cause of death was suicide, says forensic anthropologist

View attachment 323927

Google Maps
Is that where it intersects with cobb n co road?

A week or two ago, many were saying 'the police know exactly where to look for the remains---they must know the facts already--must have a witness, etc, etc'

But it appears to me like they are looking at a myriad of places, which could cover a whole bunch of scenarios. I am not sure I believe that this is 'not speculation.'

So far, off the top of my head, they searched the garden, the garage, the driveway, both sides of the creek, the riding stable, the pond, and now the dam, and the water tank, not to mention the huge pit they created.

It feels to me like they are suspicious of the FM and are looking everywhere they can think of that she might have had access to. But they do not have a confession or a witness to the actual events. JMO

Also the body may have been moved from place to place over the years. IMO

where does ffcs drive fit in with this, was it before she spoke to neighbour ams, who waited with her while she called police? also wondering if judy wilson may have seen or heard anything?.....

Neighbour Anne-Maree Sharpley remembers seeing William Tyrell’s distressed mother frantically pacing the quiet street where they both live searching for her son just minutes after he went missing.

“You could tell she was very distressed when she first came to us,” Mrs Sharpley said.

“I just remember saying ‘don’t worry, we’ll find him’, and that has stuck with me because obviously they didn’t find him.

“I waited with her while she called the police.”

Shortly after, William’s father returned from shopping and quickly began to grasp the urgency of the situation.

“I remember standing there in tears watching him run up and down the street, calling out William’s name with sweat pouring off him. It was heartbreaking,” she said.

“The longer it goes on, the worse it gets. Never once did we think that we wouldn’t find him here.”

Mrs Wilson also told how William’s father frantically searched her yard over and over again into the night.

“He was just walking around crying. He kept asking me if there was anywhere

else he could’ve been hiding here,” Mrs Wilson said. “He just looked devastated.”

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members